Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Stryper "Fallen" - News, release dates, and cover artwork

Go down 
+8
alldatndensum
messiaen77
deathisgain
Xid
BearDad
ishmael81
oteis
Staybrite
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Stryper "Fallen"  - News, release dates, and cover artwork Empty
PostSubject: Stryper "Fallen" - News, release dates, and cover artwork   Stryper "Fallen"  - News, release dates, and cover artwork I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 1:13 pm

From Michael Sweet's FB Page:

Stryper "Fallen"  - News, release dates, and cover artwork 10687121_419654588187012_4631599367838867878_n

Michael Sweet
12 mins · 

It is time for all the Stryper fans out there to get psyched as we will be unleashing our new album, FALLEN on October 16th! The first song from the album, "Yahweh" will be released the week of July 6th! In the meantime, enjoy the awesome artwork for the album! On the album artwork for "Fallen" we're proud to say that we had the honor of working with Stanis Decker again (who also did "No More Hell To Pay"). We sent Stanis the concept about Lucifer being cast out of heaven and he sent us this amazing illustration, capturing the original idea perfectly. We're excited to be able to finally show all of you! 

Stryper "Fallen"  - News, release dates, and cover artwork 10403010
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Stryper "Fallen" - News, release dates, and cover artwork   Stryper "Fallen"  - News, release dates, and cover artwork I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 2:36 pm

Fantastic artwork, I love the "finger of God" portion....it seems like a nod to the original YABA cover.
If this album is even just half as good as "No More Hell Toupee" I will be tickled pink.

Last edited by Staybrite on Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
oteis

oteis

Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2013-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Stryper "Fallen" - News, release dates, and cover artwork   Stryper "Fallen"  - News, release dates, and cover artwork I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 2:40 pm

Wow!
Back to top Go down
https://ccmfocus.wordpress.com
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Stryper "Fallen" - News, release dates, and cover artwork   Stryper "Fallen"  - News, release dates, and cover artwork I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 3:04 pm

Wait, are these guys even a Christian band?

Okay, sorry. I couldn't help myself.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Stryper "Fallen" - News, release dates, and cover artwork   Stryper "Fallen"  - News, release dates, and cover artwork I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 4:57 pm

ishmael81 wrote:

I don't know what you are getting at here.....define the word "band". 

Laughing

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Stryper "Fallen" - News, release dates, and cover artwork   Stryper "Fallen"  - News, release dates, and cover artwork I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 7:10 pm

Staybrite wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:

I don't know what you are getting at here.....define the word "band". 

Laughing

Those are GUYS!?
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5505
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Stryper "Fallen" - News, release dates, and cover artwork   Stryper "Fallen"  - News, release dates, and cover artwork I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 8:35 pm

I can't seem to wrap my head around "a".
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
deathisgain

deathisgain

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2014-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Stryper "Fallen" - News, release dates, and cover artwork   Stryper "Fallen"  - News, release dates, and cover artwork I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 9:19 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Fantastic artwork, I love the "finger of God" portion....it seems like a nod to the original YABA cover.
If this album is even just half as good as "No More Hell Toupee" I will be tickled pink.

Toupee? Did they make an album about no more bad hair pieces? lol!
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Stryper "Fallen" - News, release dates, and cover artwork   Stryper "Fallen"  - News, release dates, and cover artwork I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 11:45 pm

deathisgain wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

I can't believe we all missed that!  That is awesome!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stryper "Fallen" - News, release dates, and cover artwork   Stryper "Fallen"  - News, release dates, and cover artwork I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 3:42 am

I saw it, I just thought he did it purposely to be funny
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Stryper "Fallen" - News, release dates, and cover artwork   Stryper "Fallen"  - News, release dates, and cover artwork I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 7:53 am

deathisgain wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

I did see that pic Michael posted that showed that he was wearing a piece.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Stryper "Fallen" - News, release dates, and cover artwork   Stryper "Fallen"  - News, release dates, and cover artwork I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 8:08 am

The artwork is great, but how many times are they going to go to this angel motif.  (THWTD and the last two albums)  I hadn't thought of the YABA connection with the finger of God.  I did love how the FB discussion quickly turned to the Illuminati because of the use of a pyramid.  Oh wait, that's just a triangle...
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Stryper "Fallen" - News, release dates, and cover artwork   Stryper "Fallen"  - News, release dates, and cover artwork I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 8:43 am

Oooooh, the Illuminati.  Michael is a secret member?

Wait!  If everyone is supposed to be secretly a member of a society that is supposed to be super secret, then why do we know so much about it?

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Stryper "Fallen" - News, release dates, and cover artwork   Stryper "Fallen"  - News, release dates, and cover artwork I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 9:29 am

BearDad wrote:
deathisgain wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

I can't believe we all missed that!  That is awesome!

As NOIH suggested I did it on porpoise just to be phunny.  I think of it every time I see The title for NMHTP.  Now maybe some of you will think of it every time now too and I won't be alone. Very Happy

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3111
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Stryper "Fallen" - News, release dates, and cover artwork   Stryper "Fallen"  - News, release dates, and cover artwork I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 10:22 am

messiaen77 wrote:
The artwork is great, but how many times are they going to go to this angel motif.  (THWTD and the last two albums)  I hadn't thought of the YABA connection with the finger of God.  I did love how the FB discussion quickly turned to the Illuminati because of the use of a pyramid.  Oh wait, that's just a triangle...

At least they are not using something like this:

Stryper "Fallen"  - News, release dates, and cover artwork 514KAc7YGzL._SY300_

or this, which I find to be completely generic and used on too many of their compilation albums

Stryper "Fallen"  - News, release dates, and cover artwork 517azR7BnTL._SY355_

And I liked all of DIG's, even this Angel one:

Stryper "Fallen"  - News, release dates, and cover artwork Stryp-mbp-snakecharmer-wlo-copy2
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Stryper "Fallen" - News, release dates, and cover artwork   Stryper "Fallen"  - News, release dates, and cover artwork I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 11:05 am

That "Murder By Pride" cover that DiG created is way better than the one that the band actually used.  I use it instead of the official one.

PostSubject: Re: Stryper "Fallen" - News, release dates, and cover artwork   Stryper "Fallen"  - News, release dates, and cover artwork I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 12:02 pm

Well, as far as I am concerned, I like the cover artwork.

However, I gotta be honest, between the small size of a cd case or the even smaller image on my mp3 player, I don't give a rat's rear about the covers anymore unless I am using it as a wallpaper on my computer.

If I collected albums, I would feel different.

So the artwork they just released makes a great wallpaper....that's what makes it a hit in my book. Smile

Last edited by NoOneIsHere on Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stryper "Fallen" - News, release dates, and cover artwork   Stryper "Fallen"  - News, release dates, and cover artwork I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 12:08 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
The artwork is great, but how many times are they going to go to this angel motif.  

I don't know...how many albums is Iron Maiden gonna use Eddie on? 

How many albums did Boston use that spaceship on?

Dio used the exact same demon on Holy Diver and Last In Line covers

I could go on and on...

a lot of bands will reuse images or themes from previous covers....
it isn't rare.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Stryper "Fallen" - News, release dates, and cover artwork   Stryper "Fallen"  - News, release dates, and cover artwork I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 12:47 pm

I really like the new cover, I think it is awesome. Back to DIG's covers, I use his for The Covering and Second Coming on my iPod.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Stryper "Fallen" - News, release dates, and cover artwork   Stryper "Fallen"  - News, release dates, and cover artwork I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 3:27 pm

NoOneIsHere wrote:
Well, as far as I am concerned, I like the cover artwork.

However, I gotta be honest, between the small size of a cd case or the even smaller image on my mp3 player, I don't give a rat's rear about the covers anymore unless I am using it as a wallpaper on my computer.

If I collected albums, I would feel different.

I'm thinking the same thing pretty much myself nowadays.

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Stryper "Fallen" - News, release dates, and cover artwork   Stryper "Fallen"  - News, release dates, and cover artwork I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 3:28 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
I really like the new cover, I think it is awesome. Back to DIG's covers, I use his for The Covering and Second Coming on my iPod.

I saw the two he did for MPB (and a version of one was used for one of Bride's albums IIRC).  I don't recall the ones he did for The Covering and Second Coming.

Fundy

Number of posts : 5307
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Stryper "Fallen" - News, release dates, and cover artwork   Stryper "Fallen"  - News, release dates, and cover artwork I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 3:35 pm

Artwork looks great!  I haven't got a lot of spending money this year, but I KNOW I'm gonna have to buy this one!

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Stryper "Fallen" - News, release dates, and cover artwork   Stryper "Fallen"  - News, release dates, and cover artwork I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 4:11 pm

Staybrite wrote:
MikeInFla wrote:

I saw the two he did for MPB (and a version of one was used for one of Bride's albums IIRC).  I don't recall the ones he did for The Covering and Second Coming.
I cant find them online but I do have them on my iPod. Maybe he can post them here.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Stryper "Fallen" - News, release dates, and cover artwork   Stryper "Fallen"  - News, release dates, and cover artwork I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 4:15 pm

I tried this, lets see how it works, sorry for the size

Stryper "Fallen"  - News, release dates, and cover artwork Screenshote0b2

Stryper "Fallen"  - News, release dates, and cover artwork Screenshot8a2a

If you want to use the artwork I am sure he would be glad to share it.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Stryper "Fallen" - News, release dates, and cover artwork   Stryper "Fallen"  - News, release dates, and cover artwork I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 5:02 pm

Ok, now I remember the one for "The Covering".  I just didn't download it for some reason.  But I don't think I ever saw the one for "Second Coming", very cool.  DiG is one talented dude.

I thought I remember him saying that one of the ladies (either The Covering or Murder By Pride) is actually Mrs. DiG.  Would be kind of neat to be used as the subject in somebodies art like that.

PostSubject: Re: Stryper "Fallen" - News, release dates, and cover artwork   Stryper "Fallen"  - News, release dates, and cover artwork I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stryper "Fallen" - News, release dates, and cover artwork
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next