Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dumb Kwestion #28

Go down 
+12
Driven
bassdude
rockerVu2
xenonlion
Through The Dark Radio
ishmael81
alldatndensum
Hardkore
metaldude
Xid
kerrick
Staybrite
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Dumb Kwestion #28 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #28   Dumb Kwestion #28 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2015 12:06 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
Worse than Meteor.  (An NBC disaster mini-series starring Christopher Lloyd (who was dead within the first half hour, lucky him), Jason Alexander, Billy Campbell, Stacy Keach, and some other known actors.  The best part of the movie for me was the texts I got from my wife who was upstairs flipping back and forth between this and Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire while I was downstairs watching and working.  Eventually we were cheering for Voldemort to avada kadavra the meteor.)

That is absolutely fantastic!  ROTFL

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #28   Dumb Kwestion #28 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2015 8:23 pm

I can now say Mega-Shark vs. Kolossus is one of those movies. I guess it just fell flat without the heavyweight acting talents of one Deborah "Lost in Your Eyes" Gibson as the heroine.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #28   Dumb Kwestion #28 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 11:29 am

messiaen77 wrote:
I can now say Mega-Shark vs. Kolossus is one of those movies. I guess it just fell flat without the heavyweight acting talents of one Deborah "Lost in Your Eyes" Gibson as the heroine.

Did you make it through the entire move?  Wasn't Tiffany in that film too?

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9927
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #28   Dumb Kwestion #28 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2015 7:35 pm

I answered on Facebook... so I'll kinda answer similarly here: Laughing

Lisa and I often start series on Netflix to give them a try, and have cut out after 1, 3 or 5 episodes.

Some examples of TV shows that didn't do it for us: 
Warehouse 13, Touch, Daredevil, Dexter, Arrow, Revolution... and a few others

As far as books, I've only set one down and haven't picked it back up...Seemed like a cool history type book on Christian alternative bands from the 80s and 90s, but I found it very boring. After chapter 3, I put "First And Forgotten" back on the shelf. Also, being a graphic novel lover as well as digging Alice Cooper, I got his comic book called The Last Temptation... only got about 5 pages in and was bored outta my skull.... probably sell that one sometime soon.

Can't think of the names of the movies we shut down, but there have been a few. Some for being awful, some for being too crude and raunchy.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #28   Dumb Kwestion #28 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2015 7:44 pm

I have to confess I have also turned off a few movies due to gratuitous nudity/sex scenes.  Usually what I will do instead is cover my eyes and have Mrs Staybrite tell me when the scene is over.  The running joke is after about 10 seconds I usually say "you didn't forget about me did you...it has to be over by now".

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #28   Dumb Kwestion #28 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2015 8:07 am

Staybrite wrote:
I have to confess I have also turned off a few movies due to gratuitous nudity/sex scenes.  Usually what I will do instead is cover my eyes and have Mrs Staybrite tell me when the scene is over.  The running joke is after about 10 seconds I usually say "you didn't forget about me did you...it has to be over by now".

We do the same thing. Sometimes the sex scene is essential to the story. And sometimes nudity in general is part of the art and not just to tittillate. But yeah, if it doesn't move the story, that turns me off.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #28   Dumb Kwestion #28 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2015 10:43 am

Sometimes it does seem essential to the story, but more often than not it just seems like the "obligatory nude scene" that just get's shoehorned into the story.  I really hate it when they do that.

Samson

Number of posts : 734
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #28   Dumb Kwestion #28 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2015 11:45 am

Nothing turns me off more than sex scenes in action movies. Thank GOD they didn't do that in Commando!!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #28   Dumb Kwestion #28 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2015 2:27 pm

Samson wrote:
Nothing turns me off more than sex scenes in action movies. Thank GOD they didn't do that in Commando!!

There's a movie I haven't seen in forever.

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #28   Dumb Kwestion #28 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2015 8:05 pm

Staybrite wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:

Did you make it through the entire move?  Wasn't Tiffany in that film too?
I made it 10 minutes into it.  No, the one with Debbie Gibson and Tiffany was Mega-Python vs. Gatoroid.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #28   Dumb Kwestion #28 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2015 8:51 pm

On a side note... how come my font went all BIG up there... 

Dumb Kwestion #28 - Page 2 Up_the11
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #28   Dumb Kwestion #28 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 10:33 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
On a side note... how come my font went all BIG up there... 

Happens sometimes when you "cut and paste".  There is a font key (the "A" with the red & white "no entry" sign next to it) that is supposed to remove all formatting...but even it doesn't always work.

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #28   Dumb Kwestion #28 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 12:22 pm

Gotcha. .. it's happened a couple times and always trips me out.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3111
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #28   Dumb Kwestion #28 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 1:24 pm

Never was brave enough to even try to watch any of these:

Dumb Kwestion #28 - Page 2 600x337

Dumb Kwestion #28 - Page 2 427f1cc4e35d74adc336a362f8265466-sharkalanche-makes-obvious-sense

But I might watch this if it were real:

Dumb Kwestion #28 - Page 2 Sharknado3
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3111
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #28   Dumb Kwestion #28 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 1:30 pm

Or how about this one?

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3493
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #28   Dumb Kwestion #28 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 1:41 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
Or how about this one?

^I really like that movie a lot.  I own it on Blu-Ray and have seen it multiple times.  Cool

Few modern movies would I call "brilliant" but that term definitely applies to Rubber IMO.  (I'm being serious.)  It's truly creative and its satire towards mainstream Hollywood is done in such a way that is clever, engaging, and completely absurd.  The way it blends the movie-within-the-movie and the audience is just so creative.  I highly recommend!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #28   Dumb Kwestion #28 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 2:22 pm

"Rubber" was a thoroughly enjoyable movie, kept you guessing as to what turn they were going to take.

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #28   Dumb Kwestion #28 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dumb Kwestion #28
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2