For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

All things must pass

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 8894
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: All things must pass   Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:33 pm

Today is officially my last day of work. 
I've been employed non-stop at one job or another since 1984... so you can imagine this is a bit scary for me. I'll keep everyone updated (if you're really THAT bored Laughing ). As for now I'm quietly finishing up the last of my work for this morning and trying to leave this place in a very organized and clean state. Though I am very upset with this corporation and their unjust dealings with my wife and I (as well as other employees), I'm trying to leave on a good note.

I can no longer contribute safely as I used to. In order to have any form of pain relief, I must swallow handfuls of meds that are wrecking my body and putting me at risk for overdose.  With these meds, I am sometimes "foggy" and it scares me that I may make a mistake. The only medication that is 100% safe is my legal prescription of Cannabis -but this corporation has a zero tolerance -regardless of the fact that the prescription was legally written by one of THEIR doctors. Just one of the many "two-faced" ways of this corp.

I appreciate all your prayers and support, and I now feel a tremendous burden being lifted off me.

I hope to get a 6 month disability note from the Dr.  But if that's not feasible, Lisa and I have saved for this day for several years. I can comfortably take a year off without disability aid... although it would be nice seeing as I paid in for my disability and have more than sufficient MRIs showing my extreme condition as clear as day.

Though I'm comfortable and confident... it is still a bit scary for this huge life change. I thank God for such a supportive wife... without her, I'd probably be a nervous wreck.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Number of posts : 18172
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: All things must pass   Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:45 pm

Praying all goes well, and that you can keep yourself busy enough to keep your mind fresh but not ruin your body.

Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: All things must pass   Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:18 pm

I've been praying for you today my friend!  Please keep us posted how it goes.  And heck, now you'll have time to make that CHM Family Picture!  Wink
Back to top Go down
Xid

Number of posts : 3194
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: All things must pass   Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:51 pm

Glad to hear you have peace and that you are moving into your next phase and get some relief!
Back to top Go down
http://www.derekclose.com
ishmael81

Number of posts : 3353
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: All things must pass   Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:51 pm

Still praying but glad to hear the good news!
Back to top Go down
kerrick

PostSubject: Re: All things must pass   Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:31 pm

Been thinking about and praying for you.  How is today going Jim?
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: All things must pass   Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:46 pm

Great !  Thanks so much for being here for me... your friendships mean the world to me.

I easily got my "Off work notice" from the Dr as my MRIs, surgeries and current disabilities are more than sufficient to show my inability to perform my job duties any longer.  He wrote it for 6 months, but Human Resources informed me that I can only be considered "Off work" yet still employed for 12 weeks.  They gave me 2 options -first was to confirm that I have terminated my employment, which I refused to agree to (as they can say well, he just quit and we owe him nothing... typical corporation looking out for their own bottom line) or to say I'm Off Work with "intentions of returning" =this is only a 12 week allowance.  I chose that, as I don't want to be screwed by them. In the mean-time I will apply for state disability with the long term goal of permanent disability. The MRIs and every other disability I suffer clearly make a solid case for a permanent deal.

It's not "easy" as they make it very difficult for the person suffering to just slide through. But I'm determined to not get jerked around, and to handle this professionally and aggressively.

Today is the first day of being off work.  It's weird, but at the same time exhilarating. I feel confident and that I've made the right decision (technically my spine has made the decision for me). But at the same time, I feel strange being only 45 and completely off work for good. Such is the case though. I didn't choose this, nor would I have.

Anyways, I wrote a nice short letter to my manager and all the Dr's I worked for (all of whom are at different locations -I did all their RX refills from my location, accessing their PCs remotely) and let them know I apologize that I am being written off work and hope all goes well for them. Then I said my goodbyes to everyone, packed up my office, and have now begun my new life. 
It's bitter-sweet, as I hate to be unemployed and in this position of pain and disabilities in life... but at the same time, I have had so many horrible days at work that it was just time. Time for me to not suffer as I've been. And on top of the pain and problems my spine brings me daily, I've had to deal with a wicked corporation that's been treating us like we're horrible people.  Whether I had severe spine problems or not, I wouldn't have stayed at this place since my patience was beginning to boil over -If I didn't have these health issues, I would've exploded on these rotten jerks and left the place for another job anyways.
But it seems God worked it all out for good. He made a way for me to slip out on a good note, and with a legitimate condition where I couldn't work anyways.  Not ideal, but certainly better than me going off on a bunch of jerks and leaving on a sour note.

So we'll just see how things pan out from this point on.  I gotta trust God to do what's right in all this and I need to focus on what He would want me to do from here on out -not what my flesh desires to do in anger and vengeance.  (Technically I have enough dirt on this corporation to bring serious charges against them... but I don't feel this is necessary... I just need to let their own sins bring them down without my help)

Anyways, today is my first day as Suzy-House-Maker for my wife (a job I actually LOVE and could do for the rest of my days).  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 2902
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: All things must pass   Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:19 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

Anyways, today is my first day as Suzy-House-Maker for my wife (a job I actually LOVE and could do for the rest of my days).  Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Xid

Number of posts : 3194
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: All things must pass   Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:34 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.derekclose.com
kerrick

PostSubject: Re: All things must pass   Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:43 pm

Ah so good!  That's one of the best scenes from that movie.  Keaton is a master.

Jim, I'm so happy to hear how well things are going and how positive you are, despite the circumstances.  I'm excited to see what God has in store for this new stage of life for you.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: All things must pass   Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:36 pm

Thanks again all.
It's really strange now being off work for good.  I've worked full time jobs non-stop for 30 years... so to be home now is so weird. 
I have a huge list of light "To-Do's" -nothing back breaking.  Guess that'll keep me busy for a while.. but I plan on getting into some big projects, some serious Bible study, and some light work out (to keep in shape).
Oh, and I'll probably be hanging around CHM all the time now too - haha !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All things must pass   

Back to top Go down

All things must pass
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1