Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

TobyMac ft. dc Talk - Love Feels Like

Go down 
+6
Guilty/Forgiven
alldatndensum
BearDad
Oldiesmann
Staybrite
oteis
10 posters
AuthorMessage
oteis

oteis

Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2013-08-20

TobyMac ft. dc Talk - Love Feels Like  Empty
PostSubject: TobyMac ft. dc Talk - Love Feels Like    TobyMac ft. dc Talk - Love Feels Like  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2015 2:17 pm

cheers Finally a new "dc talk" song!!! After two listens i must say i quite like it! 

Back to top Go down
https://ccmfocus.wordpress.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23430
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: TobyMac ft. dc Talk - Love Feels Like    TobyMac ft. dc Talk - Love Feels Like  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2015 3:44 pm

I have never been a huge DC Talk fan, but that does sound very good.  I think they are one of those bands that sounds better together than any of the musicians do solo.

Oldiesmann

Number of posts : 517
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: TobyMac - "Love Feels Like"   TobyMac ft. dc Talk - Love Feels Like  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2015 5:51 pm

DC Talk is back - at least for this song. Really looking forward to this album.

Back to top Go down
https://www.christianmetal.fans
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: TobyMac ft. dc Talk - Love Feels Like    TobyMac ft. dc Talk - Love Feels Like  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2015 7:13 pm

That's definitely old school DCT. I like it!
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: TobyMac ft. dc Talk - Love Feels Like    TobyMac ft. dc Talk - Love Feels Like  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2015 7:15 pm

Look like a double thread, as oldiesman posted something similar.

I only have one DCT cd, Jesus Freak, and this song definitely sounds like a cut from that CD.  I like it.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: TobyMac ft. dc Talk - Love Feels Like    TobyMac ft. dc Talk - Love Feels Like  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2015 10:02 pm

I do like the song, but it is missing something that would really make it feel like DC Talk.  The lack of a discernable riff hurts this in my opinion like so much modern music.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: TobyMac ft. dc Talk - Love Feels Like    TobyMac ft. dc Talk - Love Feels Like  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2015 6:15 am

Both topics are now one and the same!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: TobyMac ft. dc Talk - Love Feels Like    TobyMac ft. dc Talk - Love Feels Like  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 12:06 am

Wow, cool !  DCT is in da house ! haha !

In '89 I started drifting from my heavy metal and listened to some rap a friend gave me.  I started getting into that old 80s rap stuff just at the time I came to faith... so needless to say, I trashed all the secular rap (cuz it was nasty !) and discovered DC Talk's first release not long after. So I've been a fan of da boyz since the beginning.  Seen em in concert several times as well as Toby's solo act when he opened for Third Day. I look forward to hearing some new stuff from Rap, Rock and Soul brudduhs.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: TobyMac ft. dc Talk - Love Feels Like    TobyMac ft. dc Talk - Love Feels Like  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 6:23 am

I like the mix of rap/hiphop, pop, rock, and soul from DC Talk from the two final studio albums from the boys.  I don't like the mostly rap/hip hop stuff that they started with.

Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: TobyMac ft. dc Talk - Love Feels Like    TobyMac ft. dc Talk - Love Feels Like  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 9:00 am

Is it just me or is it weird that it's Tobymac featuring dc Talk? Isn't that like saying it's a song by Bruce Dickinson featuring Iron Maiden? Or Michael Sweet featuring Stryper? Or Glenn Kaiser featuring Glenn Kaiser Band?
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: TobyMac ft. dc Talk - Love Feels Like    TobyMac ft. dc Talk - Love Feels Like  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 10:53 am

ishmael81 wrote:
Is it just me or is it weird that it's Tobymac featuring dc Talk? Isn't that like saying it's a song by Bruce Dickinson featuring Iron Maiden? Or Michael Sweet featuring Stryper? Or Glenn Kaiser featuring Glenn Kaiser Band?

No, it's not wierd at all, nor is it the same thing. All those singers are still with their respective bands, while TobyMac is no longer with dcTalk (I know, dcTalk isn't even a band anymore, but my statement still fits). 

FWIW, I think one of your examples would still be okay if the singer was doing a solo project and included his bandmates. After all, the solo project is his, so he's top billing.

Now what would be weird, and even wrong IMO, is for a singer such as the above to make that claim on one of the band's CDs.  For example, The Book of Souls by Bruce Dickinson and Iron Maiden; that would be raising his status above the band's, thereby disrespecting them.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: TobyMac ft. dc Talk - Love Feels Like    TobyMac ft. dc Talk - Love Feels Like  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 10:59 am

BearDad wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:

No, it's not wierd at all, nor is it the same thing. All those singers are still with their respective bands, while TobyMac is no longer with dcTalk (I know, dcTalk isn't even a band anymore, but my statement still fits). 

FWIW, I think one of your examples would still be okay if the singer was doing a solo project and included his bandmates. After all, the solo project is his, so he's top billing.

Now what would be weird, and even wrong IMO, is for a singer such as the above to make that claim on one of the band's CDs.  For example, The Book of Souls by Bruce Dickinson and Iron Maiden; that would be raising his status above the band's, thereby disrespecting them.

I see your point. I didn't think about them not being together anymore...
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23430
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: TobyMac ft. dc Talk - Love Feels Like    TobyMac ft. dc Talk - Love Feels Like  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 1:43 pm

ishmael81 wrote:

I got the impression that the song might be intended for release on Toby Mac's next album.  If it is the only song with the other DC Talk members then it certainly makes sense to have it labeled as such.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: TobyMac ft. dc Talk - Love Feels Like    TobyMac ft. dc Talk - Love Feels Like  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 8:40 pm

Even though they had split up, DC Talk was doing some summer festivals.  With this song and a bit of touring this summer, I am betting that they are gauging to see if a full on reunion might be in order.

Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: TobyMac ft. dc Talk - Love Feels Like    TobyMac ft. dc Talk - Love Feels Like  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 7:45 am

Staybrite wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:

I got the impression that the song might be intended for release on Toby Mac's next album.  If it is the only song with the other DC Talk members then it certainly makes sense to have it labeled as such.

That was my impression as well.
Back to top Go down
metaldude

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: TobyMac ft. dc Talk - Love Feels Like    TobyMac ft. dc Talk - Love Feels Like  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 10:39 am

BearDad wrote:
Look like a double thread, as oldiesman posted something similar.

I only have one DCT cd, Jesus Freak, and this song definitely sounds like a cut from that CD.  I like it.

Bear, you should try Supernatural. It's the closest they've been to being a rock band.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5330
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: TobyMac ft. dc Talk - Love Feels Like    TobyMac ft. dc Talk - Love Feels Like  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2015 3:03 pm

Sounds like a good song!  I like it!

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: TobyMac ft. dc Talk - Love Feels Like    TobyMac ft. dc Talk - Love Feels Like  I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2015 8:04 am

Kevin had a song featuring DCTalk on The Blood.  I may be the odd one out here, but I've enjoyed Kevin and Toby's solo work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TobyMac ft. dc Talk - Love Feels Like    TobyMac ft. dc Talk - Love Feels Like  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TobyMac ft. dc Talk - Love Feels Like
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The Melting Pot - All other forms of Christian music go here!-
Jump to: