For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

I finally got the new Disciple album

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Samson

Number of posts : 615
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: I finally got the new Disciple album   Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:05 pm

I'm going to be honest here. I have hit a dry spell in my spirit, and this entire album spoke to me. I don't just say that loosely. There were about 3-4 songs that hit me on a really personal level. I'm going to listen to this one. A LOT.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Number of posts : 3687
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: I finally got the new Disciple album   Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:47 am

Yep, I think this album is great too.  Love the fact that they've ignored trying to do what others have told them (i.e. making their lyrics a bit more vague so more people will buy the album) and gone for clear open lyrics.  Almost made my album of the year.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
KellyM

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2008-02-15

PostSubject: Re: I finally got the new Disciple album   Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:12 am

I totally agree. It was a breath of fresh air & one of their best. Strongest lyrics since 'Back Again'.
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/lordchainrocks
Staybrite

Number of posts : 18073
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: I finally got the new Disciple album   Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:23 am

Samson wrote:
I'm going to be honest here. I have hit a dry spell in my spirit, and this entire album spoke to me. I don't just say that loosely. There were about 3-4 songs that hit me on a really personal level. I'm going to listen to this one. A LOT.

Glad to hear it ministered to you.  Thumbs Up

Admin

Number of posts : 17985
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: I finally got the new Disciple album   Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:32 pm

Lyrically, it is one of their best, but I thought a lot of the music was rather bland.  There just aren't that many memorable riffs.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Samson

Number of posts : 615
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: I finally got the new Disciple album   Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:04 pm

Without going into a lot of detail, I have been needing to renew my mind for a while, and Disciple's music has been ministering to me in ways I could not have foreseen.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin

Number of posts : 17985
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: I finally got the new Disciple album   Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:21 am

Then it was worth their undertaking this recording even if it only helps one soul get closer to the Lord.  Amen!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I finally got the new Disciple album   

Back to top Go down

I finally got the new Disciple album
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1