For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Holiness

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Candlemass

Number of posts : 280
Registration date : 2013-08-03

PostSubject: Holiness   Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:12 am

By in large, the reason the world rejects the Gospel is not because they have empirical evidence that God does not exist, that's a smokescreen to keep them from seriously considering the darkness that is w/in their own heart. The #1 reason most reject the Gospel is Christians living unholy lives, if the Gospel can't transform our lives, why should they embrace it? This was certainly true for much of my life, but I don't believe that is true of me today, and I pray it never is again...

http://www.gty.org/MediaPlayer/Broadcast/4610
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin

Number of posts : 18247
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Holiness   Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:31 pm

I think you are mostly correct here, Mark.  I think that Christians living unholy lives while bashing the culture at large for doing the same is what drives away a lot of people.  However, some people still love darkness rather than light and wouldn't accept Jesus if He walked into the room with them and delivered the message Himself.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Number of posts : 18276
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Holiness   Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:50 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I think you are mostly correct here, Mark.  I think that Christians living unholy lives while bashing the culture at large for doing the same is what drives away a lot of people.  However, some people still love darkness rather than light and wouldn't accept Jesus if He walked into the room with them and delivered the message Himself.

I gotta agree with that.

Number of posts : 1616
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Holiness   Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:04 am

As much as I'd like to, I can't disagree with either of you.  Very Happy  I am an imperfect person (just ask my wife  Wink ), but my goal every day is to yield more and more of my will to God's and allow God to mold me into his image.  I fail.  Some days I fail BIG TIME.  I know that I have done more than my share to turn people off from Jesus.  But I press on, and I strive to be a reflection of the Jesus I know to the people around me.  I still fail.  But one thing that has changed is I don't try to excuse my failures anymore.  I stopped saying "Christians aren't perfect, just forgiven," because I just couldn't hear it in any way that didn't sound like an excuse.  Yes it is true, but when I said it, it just sounded like a way to get out of taking responsibility for what I said and did.  I'm not saying it is a universal thing, it is just how it sounded to me. 

To alldat's point about people not accepting the message if Jesus came and gave it himself, I think the Gospels make that clear.  I think part of it is, as it was then, that Jesus doesn't meet our expectations.  He didn't/doesn't look the way we think he should.  Some people think Jesus should be a kick-*ss warrior, some think he's the embodiment of warm fuzzies.  Some people think he's all about love and acceptance, some that he's all about establishing sound doctrine.  To me, the truth is somewhere between those perspectives.  I think of all the questions Jesus asked, the most significant one came after the disciples came to him reporting all the rumors about who the people said Jesus was:  "who do you say that I am?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Holiness   

Back to top Go down

Holiness
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The WORD - Biblical Discussion and Prayer Requests-
Jump to: