For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

I dont know :(

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
xenonlion

Number of posts : 1689
Registration date : 2013-08-19

PostSubject: I dont know :(   Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:15 pm

I really don't like going to my Bible class. We're always told how terrible we are and then a false gospel if any "hope" is presented. I always end up feeling guilty for having any emotions at all. There is just so much guilt all the time. There is a ton of pressure on us because we're taught that we're the last generation (many SDA youth are told that).

Also, it's really annoying to hear the things people say about people who go to church on Sunday. "They don't know any better." "They don't want to know the truth. If they did, they would see it." "They forget the one commandment that says remember."

I'm so tired. It's awkward. I feel more and more out of place. The fact that I won't always have to put up with adventism forever is relieving. I still feel bad for the people who are still in. Honestly, I'm really scared, but I don't want to worry.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

Number of posts : 2354
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: I dont know :(   Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:53 am

Praying for you my friend.  Remember though that God is of grace, mercy, and FREEDOM.  What they are forcing upon you is bondage to the law which Paul writes some strong words about.  Through Christ's sacrifice, you are free from sin and that bondage.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

Number of posts : 3365
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: I dont know :(   Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:32 am

Praying here too. I know it's tough feeling like you're stuck.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 8921
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: I dont know :(   Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:25 pm

Everything you're experiencing are the signs of someone trapped in a cult.  I'm sorry you have to endure all of that. It's a little consolation that you won't have to be trapped there for good - Cuz though the exiting of this cult will be very freeing to you, it will also be a tough road for you and your family. They obviously believe in this with all their heart, yet you've obviously learned the simple truth of Scripture with all your heart as well.... makes for a very difficult situation. Not impossible, just difficult.  I've known many people who would've died for their beliefs in different cults, only to later realize they were duped... and regret the time they lost and the people they led astray.
But I'd always tell them, the past is the past, you can't change it. But now God holds you guiltless. You cannot dwell on those who are against you or any mistakes you made being trapped in a cult. 
Many have made it their life's goal to educate and love cult members so they too can leave the hamster wheel of man-made religious works and help those still stuck in them.  Some trade one cult for another though - so beware. I've known some who finally seen the truth, left their cult, realized their true freedom in Christ... but then became involved in a protestant church that does the same thing - feeds the guilt and encourages works of some sort to "please" God (when God is already pleased with His own children). They drop the rules of the cult and simply trade them for Grace-Coated-Works in the church. It's really sad.  True freedom in Christ is only realized when we accept that He has done it ALL for us, and there is nothing we can add to our salvation.  Having an anti-cult based ministry or having a drive to see others come to faith is good and healthy... but be careful not to make it a requirement for salvation or a requirement to remain in God's good graces.

Just some food for thought Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I dont know :(   

Back to top Go down

I dont know :(
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1