Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+13
messiaen77
ishmael81
rockerVu2
Guilty/Forgiven
Fundy
BearDad
Xid
MikeInFla
Staybrite
alldatndensum
xenonlion
Driven
Through The Dark Radio
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Random Ramblings - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 4:54 pm

Driven wrote:
I've got new bass strings in the mail, hopefully they get here soon… It's only recently hit me how dull my strings have become. I last changed them in the fall of 2014, so it's been well over a year. Decent value.

What brand? That is impressive.

I change my acoustic strings about 4 times a year. Then again, I play a lot (2 hour practice on Thursday, 35 minute set on Sunday and whatever I do at home for fun).
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 9:42 pm

I use Elixir strings on my bass. That's what they came with, and they last darn well. Some hate them, I like them. I don't change strings too often on my other instruments either.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 10:12 pm

I use Elixir on my acoustic too. The coating is cool and they sound great.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 7:26 am

Driven wrote:
I've got new bass strings in the mail, hopefully they get here soon… It's only recently hit me how dull my strings have become. I last changed them in the fall of 2014, so it's been well over a year. Decent value.

I haven't changed bass strings in many years!  lol!

If I were playing in public more, I would.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 7:28 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
I'm reading all this and realizing that all of us sound like a bunch of old ferts sitting around a table

lol!

I had those plantar faciitis surgeries in my early 30s!

Regardless, I am supposed to start sounding like an old fart.  There are far less birthdays until 50 than there used to be.  Remember, if we are over 40, we are half dead.  How many men realistically live past 80?  Not many.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

Number of posts : 1689
Registration date : 2013-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 10:03 am

Sometimes I feel old because I seem to hang out with staff members more than my peers.

Some are older than you guys.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 4:37 pm

xenonlion wrote:
Sometimes I feel old because I seem to hang out with staff members more than my peers.

Older than us? Dang that's like ancient! Laughing

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 5:18 pm

Staybrite wrote:
xenonlion wrote:

Older than us?  Dang that's like ancient! Laughing

Who's old!?  Besides the guy in the mirror ... I don't count him!
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 8:48 pm

Staybrite wrote:
xenonlion wrote:

Older than us?  Dang that's like ancient! Laughing

lol To you, how old is ancient? lol!
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5505
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 10:21 pm

xenonlion wrote:
lol To you, how old is ancient? lol!
51?
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 7:20 am

xenonlion wrote:

At least you have someone to hang out with.  I am really struggling with the fact that I only have one face to face friend, and I am married to her.  Outside of you all, I have no real life friends to hang out with.  I have always been socially awkward and it has never been more evident than now when I have no one.

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3111
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 7:53 am

alldatndensum wrote:
xenonlion wrote:

At least you have someone to hang out with.  I am really struggling with the fact that I only have one face to face friend, and I am married to her.  Outside of you all, I have no real life friends to hang out with.  I have always been socially awkward and it has never been more evident than now when I have no one.
Unfortunately I guess you can't count work? I am surrounded by peers of all ages, male and female at work. We are pretty good friends and hang out some away from work when time permits.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 8:39 am

alldatndensum wrote:
xenonlion wrote:

I feel your pain ... almost.  I rarely feel I can consider my wife a friend, as she doesn't understand me, doesn't agree with me, and sadly doesn't even like me. I think the love is there, despite her "I don't love you anymore" claim five years ago; why else would she still be hanging around.

Ah, see what you made me do!? You made me share something personal. Now I have to leave.  What a Face
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 5:57 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
xenonlion wrote:

Unfortunately I guess you can't count work? I am surrounded by peers of all ages, male and female at work. We are pretty good friends and hang out some away from work when time permits.

No, I don't count work.  When I clock out at school, the staff goes home and goes our merry ways.  We work together well, but our personal lives are all very different.  Seriously, I have no one to hang out with.  Period.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 5:58 pm

BearDad wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
xenonlion wrote:

I feel your pain ... almost.  I rarely feel I can consider my wife a friend, as she doesn't understand me, doesn't agree with me, and sadly doesn't even like me. I think the love is there, despite her "I don't love you anymore" claim five years ago; why else would she still be hanging around.

Ah, see what you made me do!? You made me share something personal. Now I have to leave.  What a Face

I don't think that my wife understands me all the time, and I know she doesn't always agree with me.  However, we enjoy being together despite our differences.  If I got a phone call that she had just been killed in a tragic accident, I would be totally lost.

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3111
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 7:58 pm

I guess I am fortunate to have coworkers that are genuinely cool. I hear from them all hours of the day and all weekend long. But we have about 500 employees so it is a large place and most of us work well together. Those we don't work well with we avoid (and those who we don't work with are avoided by everyone).

Last edited by MikeInFla on Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:42 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : darn cell phone!)
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 3:47 pm

Kiddies are so funny to watch. O.o We have a litnof visitors.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 4:00 pm

BearDad wrote:

Wow, that sounds horrible. I have to confess that my wife is my only real day to day friend, but even she doesn't understand me half the time.

I'll be praying for you and your wife Barrie.

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 5:05 pm

Positively, absolutely and how.
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 6:33 pm

Seriously, what are your names? I'm so out of the loop.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 7:10 pm

My name is Chris.  Always has been!

Today, I am just frustrated.  I've ran into a few brick walls now with a few cigar box guitar builds.  I keep having problems that I cannot seem to solve.  It has me frustrated enough to just give it up as I cannot seem to finish anything right now.

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5505
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 7:41 pm

Derek here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
xenonlion

xenonlion

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 7:46 pm

Wow. Okay.

haha Derek, Kerrick. C:

Is there someone named Jim? I'm thinking I've seen that name thrown around.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 8:00 pm

xenonlion wrote:
Wow. Okay.

haha Derek, Kerrick. C:

Guilty/Forgiven is Jim.

And I am Gary.

xenonlion

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 8:31 pm

Staybrite wrote:
xenonlion wrote:
Wow. Okay.

haha Derek, Kerrick. C:

Guilty/Forgiven is Jim.  

And I am Gary.

Gary. ^^ I like that name.

I wonder if Jim is short for James.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 20 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 20 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next