Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+13
messiaen77
ishmael81
rockerVu2
Guilty/Forgiven
Fundy
BearDad
Xid
MikeInFla
Staybrite
alldatndensum
xenonlion
Driven
Through The Dark Radio
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

Random Ramblings - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2016 11:53 am

Busier than a one-armed paper hanger.  Shocked
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2016 5:44 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
When all things you want to do to get that album ready fail.
I can imagine it doesn't  feel good.
But .... don't give it up.

I didn't.  I managed to get the artwork and song files uploaded.  The order is in the processing stage.  I should have a working proof to approve in a day or so.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5505
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2016 5:54 pm

Woot!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2016 3:48 pm

Last night my uncle passed away.
It was the last uncle I had.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2016 3:56 pm

Sorry to hear that. Praying for you and your family.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2016 5:19 pm

Very sad news.  I'm sorry for your loss.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2016 5:48 pm

That's a real bummer, sorry to hear that.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2016 6:01 am

I will have to race against the clock today to attempt to finish a new guitar so I can enter it into my local county fair.  I have most of it done, but I still have to string it up, adjust the bridge height, and set the intonation.  I may skip setting it perfectly for now as people will probably touch the guitar a lot while it is on display.  The tuning and intonation will probably be out of whack after the 10 days of our fair.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2016 6:35 pm

I got the guitar finished and entered two into my local county fair.  Now I have to wait a week to find out if I won in my categories.

Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2016 9:19 am

Hopefully it does well.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2016 9:32 am

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2016 8:11 pm

I entered one in the Amateur Woodworking class and the other guitar in Wood Crafts 3-4 feet.  I hope to bring home a couple more 1st place ribbons.  I could use those for advertising my guitars.

Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2016 2:24 pm

The multi-award winning guitar designer Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2016 5:50 pm

One can simply dream at this time.  I won't know until I go to the county fair on Saturday.

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3111
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2016 7:05 am

First day of school today for my three girls. My oldest daughter is a freshman and is terrified. My wife is a first year middle school teacher and is terrified. My 6 year old is a first grader and is excited! One out of three ain't bad!

My wife has been a stay at home mom for 20 years and has never taught before and the thought never even crossed her mind until last year. When our youngest started K last year my wife was lonely at home all day and decided to volunteer at the school. She was there every day. Then one day the principal said "You're hear every day, you need to be paid". So they offered her a paraprofessional job. Her duties consisted of working at the copy machine and being a last minute substitute. She didn't like making copies all day but didn't mind subbing. One day while subbing an English class a student said to her "You're good at this, you need to be a teacher". So she got state certified over the summer and 2 weeks before school started she got hired at my youngest daughter's school (same school where she was a para). She said to me "I hated the first day of middle school as a kid and never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I would go back to having a first day of middle school". So today is day 1 for all of them. Luckily the Lang. Arts Dept. has a seasoned staff and they have been a tremendous help to my wife these past 2 weeks. The dept head told her "God put this excellent staff together and you will do fine. We will help you with whatever you need". She keeps reminding herself that God put her there for a reason and gave her the job... She didn't even apply for it. 2 weeks before school started they called her and said "We noticed that you are now certified with the state and we want you to come in for an interview". They hired her the next day! Hope they all have a good first day of school!
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2016 9:54 am

Hopefully all goes well on the first day for all three.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2016 11:42 am

Is it ever too late in life to take up drinking?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2016 2:46 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Hopefully all goes well on the first day for all three.

Ditto!  It takes a special kind of crazy to be a middle school teacher.

messiaen77 wrote:

Sorry man you just missed the cut-off.  You can't start alcoholism past the age of 41.  You'll have to find another way to self-medicate....I suggest bran muffins.

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2016 4:20 pm

messiaen77 wrote:

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3493
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2016 5:27 pm

^I was thinking the same thing when I read that haha.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2016 9:05 pm

Oh I had forgotten that one.  Bran muffins???  I just want to take the edge off the day, not lose three hours.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2016 3:10 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
Oh I had forgotten that one.  Bran muffins???  I just want to take the edge off the day, not lose three hours.

lol!

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2016 3:45 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
Those hours aren't lost if you bring a good book.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2016 8:08 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
First day of school today for my three girls. My oldest daughter is a freshman and is terrified. My wife is a first year middle school teacher and is terrified. My 6 year old is a first grader and is excited! One out of three ain't bad!

My wife has been a stay at home mom for 20 years and has never taught before and the thought never even crossed her mind until last year. When our youngest started K last year my wife was lonely at home all day and decided to volunteer at the school. She was there every day. Then one day the principal said "You're hear every day, you need to be paid". So they offered her a paraprofessional job. Her duties consisted of working at the copy machine and being a last minute substitute. She didn't like making copies all day but didn't mind subbing. One day while subbing an English class a student said to her "You're good at this, you need to be a teacher". So she got state certified over the summer and 2 weeks before school started she got hired at my youngest daughter's school (same school where she was a para). She said to me "I hated the first day of middle school as a kid and never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I would go back to having a first day of middle school". So today is day 1 for all of them. Luckily the Lang. Arts Dept. has a seasoned staff and they have been a tremendous help to my wife these past 2 weeks. The dept head told her "God put this excellent staff together and you will do fine. We will help you with whatever you need". She keeps reminding herself that God put her there for a reason and gave her the job... She didn't even apply for it. 2 weeks before school started they called her and said "We noticed that you are now certified with the state and we want you to come in for an interview". They hired her the next day! Hope they all have a good first day of school!

I hope that they all had a good first day back!

You guys start late compared to us.  My first day back to school was Aug. 1.  Tomorrow, we will have been back to school for 3 weeks.  Only 33 more to go until summer break!!!

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3111
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2016 4:17 am

Yeah, we start later and get out later too (June). I don't know why they wait so late to start I  have heard it is because it is so hot. But I don't understand that since it is STILL August and it doesn't start cooling off here until Oct. But to be honest, Florida heat is the same as Tennessee heat. Both places are too hot and humid in the summer! 

So far my 1st grader is loving it, except she said she didn't like writing out 1 to 100 since it was too easy. 9th grade daughter says "I dunno what I think about high school". My wife says each day is getting better and the other teachers are helping her with lesson plans and standards (which she doesn't understand at all yet but I am going to help her study them this weekend -- and I imagine most teachers don't know all of the standards by memory, it's a huge list). My wife did tell me one kid walked up to her and said "Hi, my dad works with your husband". It turned out to be the HR manager's son! I told her "Try not to have any parent meetings with that kid!". (Our HR manager and I are on opposite spectrums. He is on the company side and I am on the Union executive board but we have a great working relationship).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 37 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 37 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next