For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Call me clumsy I guess...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 8921
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Call me clumsy I guess...   Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:36 pm

What's worse than extreme back pain where you're nearly on the verge of tears ?

Tripping in the garage and falling onto the cold, hard cement ground... I just went from a 6 pain to an 8 pain.
Not only is my back killing me like usual, now my left knee, left shoulder, and back of my head hurts from the fall. 

Not gonna bother telling Lisa as she has so much worry for me already, this would just be one more thing that would make her upset. Besides, we are without insurance- so there's also the financial scare when things like this happen.

I fear my vertebrae (the one just above L5/L4) is beginning to slip off track... with my hand I can feel L3 protruding outward. The vertebrae just above the surgery site starts to take all the load that WAS evenly distributed to the 2 below it (which are now all fused together after the discs completely died and the surgeon fused the bones together).

I am now beginning to understand why, when I was 35, the surgeon told me I'd be in a wheelchair by 40. I'm almost 46, so I've beat the odds by 6 years... and though I can still walk, it brings terrible pain. Just walking hurts SO much, twisting just a little can bring immense pain. Yup I am a mess.

Thanks to anyone for the prayers... 
I certainly appreciate them. But also please pray for Lisa-- shes been amazingly strong thru all of this and I am truly blessed to have her in my life. I feel bad that she got a bum deal in this marriage, but she says she doesn't feel that way. What an awesome person God has blessed me with.
I am eternally grateful for her, and for my kids and for my family here at C to the H to the M yo !
Back to top Go down
Xid

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Call me clumsy I guess...   Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:03 pm

Ouch!  Will keep you in prayer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.derekclose.com
ishmael81

Number of posts : 3365
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Call me clumsy I guess...   Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:38 pm

Praying for you friend.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Number of posts : 18228
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Call me clumsy I guess...   Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:49 pm

Hope you can recover (well at least to a semi-tolerable level of pain) soon.  
I hate to say it, but maybe you should stop walking while carrying anything.  Maybe you could get a little red wagon to cart things around with.

Number of posts : 2960
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Call me clumsy I guess...   Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:57 pm

Sounds to me like you should've been reviewing the newest Apologetix CD instead of messing around in the garage.  But that's just me  Wink  Hopefully you'll feel better soon.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Call me clumsy I guess...   Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:15 pm

Thanks for the prayers !

Quote :
I hate to say it, but maybe you should stop walking while carrying anything.  Maybe you could get a little red wagon to cart things around with.

Actually I was using a little cart to carry things from the garage to the house. Stuff wasn't heavy, but I still wanted to be cautious and not test how much I can or can't carry.

Unfortunately the box, though not heavy, was large and I didn't see the stool.  So yeh, good advice that I AM going to take... since I am now nursing a shiner on my knee.  Crying or Very sad Embarassed

Quote :
Sounds to me like you should've been reviewing the newest Apologetix CD instead of messing around in the garage.

Yes ! I've listened to it all the way thru 3 times now, and have a review in my head already. I want to go at as much an unbiased angle as possible (since, as a huge fan, I can overlook quite a bit).
Since I'm always busy, perhaps you could give me a deadline for it.  I work better with deadlines  Laughing.  And don't say "Now !" cuz I have several "Honey-Do's" for today...  Laughing 

Also lemme know how this works = How many words (max/min), what kind of detail (massive ie Angelic Warlord ? Or brief ie NoLifeTilMetal ?) or maybe something in-between ?

I also listened to the Armageddon twice and REALLY dig it !  I have a review in my head for that one too.

lemme know bro !
Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Number of posts : 1469
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Call me clumsy I guess...   Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:58 pm

Quote :
Also lemme know how this works = How many words (max/min), what kind of detail (massive ie Angelic Warlord ? Or brief ie NoLifeTilMetal ?) or maybe something in-between ?

I also listened to the Armageddon twice and REALLY dig it !  I have a review in my head for that one too.

I would encourage you to write your reviews in the manner in which you are most comfortable. My best advise would be to start work on a review and let the amount of detail define itself.  Be yourself as a reviewer but do not forget to be creative and have fun at the same time.  I would be interested in hearing what you have to say about the new Armageddon.

Also, where do you plan on publishing your reviews?
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Call me clumsy I guess...   Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:07 am

Dynamis wrote:
Quote :

I would encourage you to write your reviews in the manner in which you are most comfortable. My best advise would be to start work on a review and let the amount of detail define itself.  Be yourself as a reviewer but do not forget to be creative and have fun at the same time.  I would be interested in hearing what you have to say about the new Armageddon.

Jim's (hopefully) going to be our newest reviewer at Untombed Zine.  And yes, you should do your review how you feel it should be.  There's no limit to the number of words that have to be in it.  And trust me, I've done plenty of fan-boy reviews over the years  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Call me clumsy I guess...   Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:33 am

Right on guys, thank for the input.  I wish I still had my website up so you could see some of my own reviews I've done over the last 15+ years... unfortunately with disability I had to cut my expenses back, which means the site had to go (wish there was a free host that took home-grown HTML and thousands of thumbnail images). 
Anyways, I have done several write ups on my fav bands, but never seen myself doing a "real" review - haha.  Should be interesting.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Number of posts : 18228
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Call me clumsy I guess...   Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:05 am

Through The Dark Radio wrote:

Jim's (hopefully) going to be our newest reviewer at Untombed Zine.  And yes, you should do your review how you feel it should be.  There's no limit to the number of words that have to be in it.  And trust me, I've done plenty of fan-boy reviews over the years  Very Happy

Very cool news buried in this thread!  I will bet he writes a fun review.....just don't ask him to move any boxes for you.

PostSubject: Re: Call me clumsy I guess...   Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:46 pm

Staybrite wrote:

Very cool news buried in this thread!  I will bet he writes a fun review.....just don't ask him to move any boxes for you.

That's what Dale is still around for Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Call me clumsy I guess...   Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:03 pm

Yeh, no moving ANYTHING for this gimp anymore... I've learned my lesson fo sho ! affraid lol!

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Call me clumsy I guess...   Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:35 pm

Thing is, with the hardware in my Lumbar area, falling, or any other sudden movements, can have horrible-life-altering results. The semi-mobile vertebrae above the rigid, immobile surgery area can be traumatically moved or jerked and since the lower area cannot move with the rest, then I could have severe damage to the spinal cord, resulting (in worse case scenario) in paralysis.  Pretty scary.  

So now you know why, when I fell, I was totally freaked out.  I try to be careful, but it's hard to live in a plastic bubble - especially as a man.  I still want to build, move things, etc... I still want to ski, play softball, go to theme parks, etc... It's a small blow to my male ego when I sit there watching my wife take the heavy trash bins out to the curb.  Hard to explain until you've actually been here. I know the guys here could relate.  There's just something inside us that wants to be the strong one.. and it's no big deal if an injury happens and your wife has to handle the heavy lifting and stuff for a short period until you're all healed up and back to normal... but 11 years later, and I still have to call around and find someone in the family who I can trust to do a good job, so we can have them go up on the roof and close down the swamp cooler for the season (a job I liked to do a certain way so I knew it was done right... now I have to trust that whoever I send up there did it decently).

Feel like I'm whining again, but I just wanted to get that out and share my feelings on the subject... so thank you CHM Head Shrinkers - hahaha !!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Xid

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Call me clumsy I guess...   Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:10 pm

No worries!  I totally get it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.derekclose.com
messiaen77

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Call me clumsy I guess...   Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:59 am

Dynamis wrote:
Quote :

Wait, we still do reviews?  I had better get to work then.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Call me clumsy I guess...   Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:03 am

Praying for you G/F
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Call me clumsy I guess...   Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:37 am

messiaen77 wrote:
Dynamis wrote:
Quote :

Wait, we still do reviews?  I had better get to work then.

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Call me clumsy I guess...   

Back to top Go down

Call me clumsy I guess...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1