For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Wife surgery

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 8865
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Wife surgery   Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:07 am

Hey all !  My wife is having elective surgery today.  Nothing "serious", but I still want to ask for your prayers.

Thanks !!
Back to top Go down
Xid

Number of posts : 3135
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Wife surgery   Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:45 am

You got it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.derekclose.com
kerrick

Number of posts : 2316
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Wife surgery   Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:55 am

Praying!  Please keep us posted.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

Number of posts : 3326
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Wife surgery   Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:47 am

You got it.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Number of posts : 18063
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Wife surgery   Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:06 pm

Will do.

PostSubject: Re: Wife surgery   Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:02 pm

Update. We're home. Surgery was 100% success. She's in horrendous pain -which she was fully aware of before she chose to have this done. But yeh, everything is good ! Thanks for the prayers !
Back to top Go down
Xid

Number of posts : 3135
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Wife surgery   Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:11 pm

YAY!!!  For the success.  Not the pain.
Back to top Go down
http://www.derekclose.com
kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Wife surgery   Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:25 am

Xid wrote:
YAY!!!  For the success.  Not the pain.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Wife surgery   Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:20 pm

Glad to hear she came out of surgery ok (even with the pain).  Can't slice and dice on the body without some pain being involved.

Number of posts : 14568
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Wife surgery   Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:40 am

Glad your wife came out of the surgery. Not good she has so much pain.
I hope that will be much better the next days.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Number of posts : 3682
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Wife surgery   Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:23 pm

Good news it was 100% successful.  Praying here for her.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Wife surgery   Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:53 am

Thanks all !  In her words, she's doing "2% better each time she gets up and moves around. So at least we're moving in the right direction.  I do appreciate the prayers sent up, they mean a lot to us. 

Once again, this is a decision she made that my immediate blood family looks down their noses at.  The older I get, the more distant I'm getting from my blood family. They've always been "black and white" about things, and have strong opinions that they think everyone should adhere to... As I get older and circumstances enter our lives, I'm seeing such haughtiness in them that just makes me want to not be around them. 

Aside from that, Lisa's doing great !  For those of you who are curious, she had a "tummy tuck" Very Happy
- Pretty gruesome procedure. She was fine after having Celia in 1987, but Cabe (back in 1993) was a whopping 10 pounder and wrecked her stomach muscles and gave her a pouch that she tried for years to work off with rigorous exercise and creams... to no avail.  I've never had a problem with it, as I love her unconditionally and tell her all the time how beautiful she is... but she's been uncontent all these years and has been wanting to do this a long time. She cashed out a retirement fund she had and went for it. As a man, I think it's a waste of money (not to mention our bodies are temporary and this life is very short anyways, so...)... but I can have compassion on her and understand that if this is what she wants, then I'm behind her the whole way.

She sure is paying for it physically though - haha ! Poor thing. She now knows what it's like for me and my back pain. And I can be a great caregiver based on knowing my own needs post-surgery. They say she should be able to get back to work 2 weeks from the surgery. She's doing really good though already.

I took "before" pix and will take "after" pix in a couple weeks. Should be interesting.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Wife surgery   Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:06 am

Here's an EXAMPLE of what she had done.
This is NOT her, but a random pic from the internet. I chose an example that looks a lot like what she used to look like.
There's slight nudity, so I won't post the actual pic here, but rather a link.

http://www.drmarkpeters.com/wp-content/gallery/tummy-tuck/tummytuck56.jpg

It's pretty brutal - they literally slice off the entire pouch that's at the lower part of the tummy, then they lipo the rest of the gut area up to the sternum, and finally they pull the upper part and lower part together and sew it up.  It's weird cuz they use the same belly button, they just re-position it.
affraidaffraidaffraidaffraidaffraidaffraidaffraidaffraid
Yep, that's my reaction !  Why anyone would wanna voluntarily go thru this, IDK... but it makes her happy. And considering all she's been thru with my surgeries, my constant pain and struggles, me going on disability, her being laid off, and more recently my stupid family treating her like crap - I'd say she deserves to have whatever she wants in life.  No matter how brutal No
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Wife surgery   Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:59 pm

Holy cow that sounds painful!  Don't think I would have the "guts" to do that.  Kudos to her for putting up with something so painful to get what she wants (especially given that it sounds like she tried exercise without result).

Number of posts : 2856
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Wife surgery   Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:32 am

Yes, those types of surgeries are very painful.  I'm sure that with time, rest and some pain medication, she'll be feeling better.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 2924
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Wife surgery   Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:34 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
... wrecked her stomach muscles and gave her a pouch that she tried for years to work off with rigorous exercise and creams... to no avail.

That's not encouraging. Evil or Very Mad Perhaps it's related to diet??? My wife is in the same spot except she has just now started exercising some (9 years after our last child). Like you I don't really care. She suddenly gained quite a bit this past summer for some reason (nothing medical the doctor could find) but has been too stressed to do anything about it. Marching band season just finished though so I hope she keeps up with the exercise. May not rid the pooch but it will still do her good. In fact, someone on the alley pitched a basic elliptical machine yesterday that we snatched up - seems to work OK.

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Wife surgery   Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:28 pm

I would say yes, except she's a stickler about eating healthy, not overeating and she exercises (also eliptical thingy) 4 times a week -to the point of sweating. She's had her pooch since the 2nd kid, so, again, it doesn't bother me -but she's always been self-conscious about it and has never worn a 2 piece since I've known her. Now she's super confident, happy with her results and plans to continue her good diet and exercise to continue with the results. I'm proud of her.  I would NEVER do any surgery that wasn't 100% necessary.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Wife surgery   Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:04 am

Right on Jim.  I'm glad to hear Lisa's feeling more confident and content with herself.  There's been this huge movement to completely disregard physical beauty which has its benefits to society, but also causes a lot of guilt I think for wanting to look "good."

Veronika and I were talking about stuff along those lines the other day actually.  When they got married, my parents agreed to "never get fat" - partially for health reasons and confidence and all that, but primarily for each other.  Right now, there's a lot of people [primarily on the internet haha] who'd probably say that that was vain, shallow, and selfish of them... but I think it's pretty neat that they'd decide that up front like that.  Beyond her own confidence and such, I'm sure your wife wants to be as beautiful as she can for YOU, her husband.  That alone I think is a beautiful ambition.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Wife surgery   Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:55 pm

Quote :
Beyond her own confidence and such, I'm sure your wife wants to be as beautiful as she can for YOU, her husband. That alone I think is a beautiful ambition.

I like how you wrote that - very nice, thank you. And true, according to her. She said she's always felt self conscious about the "baby-damage" she's carried since Cabe was born 22 years ago.  I echo what others here have said, that it's never bothered me - I love her 100% no matter how she looks.
But she really wanted this, despite my telling her she looks fantastic the way she is.  Despite her pain, she's very happy with the results. So if she's happy, I'm happy.

When we first got together, we also said we'd never get overweight - but dna and bodies tend to have a mind (and a sense of humor) of their own. Though we've both worked hard with diet and exercise all these years, we've still packed on a few pounds. But that's age too. In your 40s it's a LOT harder to work off that burrito than it was in our 20s. Of course with my disability, I can only do low-impact exercises, so I have to be real careful with diet. Cuz there's no way in hades I'll be going thru some elective tummy surgery to lose weight.... NO WAY !

All in all I think we'll make pretty good looking corpses.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wife surgery   

Back to top Go down

Wife surgery
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1