Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lust Control - Tiny Little Dots

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Lust Control - Tiny Little Dots Empty
PostSubject: Lust Control - Tiny Little Dots   Lust Control - Tiny Little Dots I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 11:50 am

I finally (2 years later) picked this up with an Amazon gift card. I'm a huge fan of their pre-breakup work - great rowdy, messy punk rock. I put off getting this because I heard from some people that it was so different from the early work that it wasn't enjoyable.

So I listened to half on the way to work and the other half while working on a report this morning. It is differnet - this ain't your dad's Lust Control. Lots more metal/ hard rock influence, less straight up punk. And Doug Van Pelt/Gene actually sings on some of the songs...

Anyone else like these guys? What do you think of the Dots?
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Lust Control - Tiny Little Dots   Lust Control - Tiny Little Dots I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 3:34 pm

I personally like Tiny Little Dots.  "Make Money and Die" is my favorite track Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Lust Control - Tiny Little Dots   Lust Control - Tiny Little Dots I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 3:49 pm

At this point, it's my favorite track as well.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Lust Control - Tiny Little Dots   Lust Control - Tiny Little Dots I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 7:35 pm

I bought the download cheaply from eMusic just out of curiosity.  I had the old demo tapes of Lust Control way back in the day.  I ended up buying the download of the 2006 CD release of "We Are Not Ashamed" which had either remastered or re-recorded versions (I don't know which) of their earlier material.  While I am not typically a fan of the more raw forms of punk, Lust Control was always just fun music.  The messages were almost TOO bold, but the rawness of the music just made any bitter pill easier to swallow.

I enjoy listening to them now and again and hope they continue to make music for years to come.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Lust Control - Tiny Little Dots   Lust Control - Tiny Little Dots I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2015 8:56 am

Wait, you mean you had the actual demo tapes? Like This is a Condom Nation and Dancing Naked? On tape???!?!?!?

I'd love to have those bad boys.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Lust Control - Tiny Little Dots   Lust Control - Tiny Little Dots I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2015 12:06 pm

Yeah, that's some serious scratch there.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Lust Control - Tiny Little Dots   Lust Control - Tiny Little Dots I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2015 4:27 pm

ishmael81 wrote:
Wait, you mean you had the actual demo tapes? Like This is a Condom Nation and Dancing Naked? On tape???!?!?!?

I had them and sold them many, many years ago.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Lust Control - Tiny Little Dots   Lust Control - Tiny Little Dots I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2015 6:40 pm

I love this album.  It has a lot of the same intensity, but is a little more mature/grown up.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Lust Control - Tiny Little Dots   Lust Control - Tiny Little Dots I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2015 11:01 am

alldatndensum wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:

I had them and sold them many, many years ago.

Wow. I looked on eBay a few years back (haven't checked recently) and they were going for a good amount - I'm thinking about $20 or so. I just can't bring myself to pay that for a tape with stuff I have on CD (especially since Condom Nation is on We Are Not Ashamed: Getting It Right the Second Time in a remastered form...).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lust Control - Tiny Little Dots   Lust Control - Tiny Little Dots I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lust Control - Tiny Little Dots
Page 1 of 1