Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Anybody done any selling on Amazon?

Go down 
+3
alldatndensum
Xid
ishmael81
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Anybody done any selling on Amazon? Empty
PostSubject: Anybody done any selling on Amazon?   Anybody done any selling on Amazon? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2015 4:53 pm

So I have some stuff I'm thinking about selling on Amazon. My specific question is this:

All I see on Amazon's website is that if you sell, they transfer the money to your bank account every 14 days. Is there some way to instead have the proceeds from your sales converted to gift cards?

If no one knows, that's cool - I can email Amazon and see. You just would think they'd have it set up to do that. They'd make more money...
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Anybody done any selling on Amazon?   Anybody done any selling on Amazon? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2015 5:09 pm

I've never sold anything on Amazon so I have not a clue.  Interesting question, though.  I'd be curious to see if they offer that option.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Anybody done any selling on Amazon?   Anybody done any selling on Amazon? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2015 9:46 pm

I've sold a few things through them, but I never checked to see about if they could convert the money to gift cards.  I just wanted my cash.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Anybody done any selling on Amazon?   Anybody done any selling on Amazon? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2015 9:00 am

Maybe you can contact Amazon about this?
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Anybody done any selling on Amazon?   Anybody done any selling on Amazon? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2015 9:44 am

I think you're right Vonnie - I may need to just contact Amazon.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23418
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Anybody done any selling on Amazon?   Anybody done any selling on Amazon? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2015 4:29 pm

I've purchased way too much stuff from Amazon...but never sold.

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Anybody done any selling on Amazon?   Anybody done any selling on Amazon? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2015 10:06 pm

I've done a lot of selling over the years, and I would say no, they do not pay out in gift cards. Now, I could be wrong, and as you said, you'll wanna check with them, but if that were possible, I would have been doing that long ago. It's always been the same, you hafta wait until they deposit it on their little schedule.  I believe they do that so they can draw interest on your money in the time it's sitting in their account waiting to be transferred to yours.
But again... I could be wrong on all this. I'm just surmising.
Back to top Go down
Ahlitah

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Anybody done any selling on Amazon?   Anybody done any selling on Amazon? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2015 10:52 pm

No they will not pay you with Gift cards. They will only transfer to a bank account.

Selling on Amazon is a big process, where you have to follow their Rules to the letter. Mess up and your whole account is frozen along with your proceeds.

If you happen to find a buyer that is versed in the ways of scamming, then they will get their money back plus the product.

Your better off selling on eBay, depending on what your planning on selling that is.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Anybody done any selling on Amazon?   Anybody done any selling on Amazon? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2015 11:09 pm

Thanks for the heads up. While looking at it today I got the feeling I may want to stay away from that route.
Back to top Go down
Ahlitah

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Anybody done any selling on Amazon?   Anybody done any selling on Amazon? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2015 11:19 pm

It's not too bad. Depending on what you want to sell.

It's not meant for one off sales.

They are clamping down on one off sellers, with rules and more rules. 

Having to go through loops and complicated processes to sell certain items.

Easier through eBay for now.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Anybody done any selling on Amazon?   Anybody done any selling on Amazon? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 2:16 am

Yes, what Ahlitah says is true -I was scammed twice... But out of around 200 sales, 2 scumbags isn't too bad. 

I can remember one, about 6 years ago - I had someone keep threatening to give me a bad rating if I didn't "give" her a refund and "give" her the product I sold her. She claimed it was the wrong size, but I checked and re-checked all the details and numbers and I was right, she was wrong. But cuz she threatened to trash my rating, I gave it to her.

This is one of the reasons I just don't sell anymore.
Another thing I hated was the lack of emails.  They're supposed to email you soon as someone buys your item -thus notifying you to get busy. Several times Amazon didn't email me and when I checked my account, I discovered I was 4 days late in mailing a purchased item - I therefore packed extra items to make the customer happy and get a good rating (since you have to ship within 2 days of purchase).

There were other issues. I still have a 100% on my name, but at too high a cost. Not worth it to me. I'd rather have a yard sale.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anybody done any selling on Amazon?   Anybody done any selling on Amazon? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anybody done any selling on Amazon?
Page 1 of 1