For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

I need help

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ishmael81

Number of posts : 3326
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: I need help   Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:58 pm

So, some of you may think I mean that psychologically - and that's probably a little bit true... but not what I'm talking about right now.

So, in vague and general terms, here's what's going on.

My wife works part time, I work a full and part time job. It would seem that we make enough money to make ends meet. However, in trying to balance our budget and make it work, we keep getting deeper and deeper in the hole. I've had to borrow from my parents a few times and that kind of thing.

I'm asking that you guys would pray that God would give me the wisdom and hel to fix our budget, and that our money would be stretched further than it should. I'm 34 years old - I shouldn't have to borrow money from my folks. From anyone, for that matter, unless I'm buying a house.

I would also ask that you pray for my attitude about all this. I'm angry and frustrated and frankly, pretty hopeless about the whole situation. And when you have no hope that things will get better, you don't put forth any effort to fix them.

I thought about starting a GoFundMe for help, but that just seems a bit... extreme...

Thanks gang.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Number of posts : 18063
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: I need help   Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:02 pm

Praying for you brother, finacial issues can be a horrible nightmare.  I am 47 years old, and have only (in the last year) come to apoint where I am not completely living paycheck to paycheck.  Still have nothing in savings as I am trying to help my daughter with some legal bills....  But I understand.

Number of posts : 1520
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: I need help   Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:14 pm

You have my prayers.  Financial stuff is hard for us men in particular because I think it goes to our socialized identity as providers.  It can also put a strain on marriages.  Prayers for all.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Number of posts : 3135
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: I need help   Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:32 am

Praying for you!

If you aren't tithing, then start.  I'm not saying you aren't and you don't have to say anything one way or another.  That's your business between you and God.  My mom always tithed no matter how tight things got and the Lord always took care of us.  It's a lesson I learned and carry.  No matter how bleak my finances have looked, God always provided for us.
Back to top Go down
http://www.derekclose.com
rockerVu2

Number of posts : 14568
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: I need help   Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:41 am

Having financial problems is hard and gives you worries.
Just like Xid already have posted.
God will provide in what you need.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 8865
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: I need help   Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:00 pm

Prayin' for ya bro. Keep total faith in the One who provides and I guarantee He will come thru for you guys.  I speak from experience.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 2924
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: I need help   Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:29 pm

Xid wrote:
If you aren't tithing, then start.  I'm not saying you aren't and you don't have to say anything one way or another.  That's your business between you and God.

+1. Just before I lost my job I doubled our giving. I never changed it even though I hardly had any income for 3 years. God has always seen us through, providing just enough income at certain times. Thankfully, the only debt we typically had was our mortgage (paid it off almost 2 years ago).

kerrick

Number of posts : 2316
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: I need help   Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:07 am

^Yup.  I have a story of my own of how God blessed me financially but it was only after I started tithing again.  Not to say that tithing = more money, but I believe God was working within me to learn to submit my finances to Him.  In short, I had literally $17 to my name when my first paycheck came.  God is good!

Regardless, I know that finances have been a continuous difficulty for you and will continue to keep you in my prayers.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin

Number of posts : 17978
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: I need help   Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:22 am

I'll definitely keep praying for your financial state.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
ishmael81

Number of posts : 3326
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: I need help   Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:58 pm

Thanks all for the kind words and prayers.

Honestly, I was doing some praying/self-reflection this weekend and my hope about a lot of things is pretty diminished. I'm not trying to be negative - that's just where I am. I'm fasting this week to try and get some of that back. To be honest, between the finances, my health (which is kinda on track - I've lost 35 pounds since 9-1-15) and my soul-crushing, spirit-destroying, heart-breaking job.... well, you get the point.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I need help   

Back to top Go down

I need help
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The WORD - Biblical Discussion and Prayer Requests-
Jump to: