Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wonrowe Vision

Go down 
+7
topshot rhit
oteis
Guilty/Forgiven
Staybrite
Xid
alldatndensum
messiaen77
11 posters
AuthorMessage
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

Wonrowe Vision Empty
PostSubject: Wonrowe Vision   Wonrowe Vision I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2015 4:19 pm

Does anyone like these albums?  Has anyone been able to listen to these albums?  I have tried several times and as soon as Steve starts singing, I just can't handle it.  And I love Motorhead!  Help me out here, I really like the music that I've heard, but the vocals just turn me off completely.

Sorry for going negative here.  I do appreciate Steve and his contributions to the Christian rock/metal world.  He's a great bass player, I just think the band needs someone else behind the mic.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Wonrowe Vision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wonrowe Vision   Wonrowe Vision I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2015 4:35 pm

I don't care for his vocals either with W.V. or with Mortification.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5505
Registration date : 2014-03-12

Wonrowe Vision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wonrowe Vision   Wonrowe Vision I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2015 6:29 pm

I've never heard of him but only made it to 21 seconds of Gps.  Definitely need a better vocalist.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Wonrowe Vision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wonrowe Vision   Wonrowe Vision I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2015 6:36 pm

I've never been able to handle his vocals either.  Nothing against him personally but I would never buy any of his music.

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9927
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Wonrowe Vision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wonrowe Vision   Wonrowe Vision I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2015 10:20 pm

I love Wonrowe Vision, and though I do hear some similarities to Lemmy (who I also love), I just dig his vocal delivery on this project.  Been a fan ever since I heard the song "White Rock" several years ago on a comp. I recently scored a free copy of the 2 Headed Monster and love it too !

However, I've never been able to get into the Mortification vocals. I have some mp3s of theirs as well as 6 of their albums. I listen to them every once in a while and rock out ! But I dislike the extreme vox.

I may end up selling my Morti albums someday, as well as my Vengeance Rising stuff.  I've held onto them more for sentimental or money reasons, but I'm gonna need more room in my collection for stuff I actually DO listen to Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Wonrowe Vision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wonrowe Vision   Wonrowe Vision I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2015 10:23 pm

I grew up with Motorhead as well as a mess of punk rock from the late 70s all thru the 80s... so I totally have a taste for this. It's not for everyone though Smile

Back to top Go down
oteis

oteis

Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2013-08-20

Wonrowe Vision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wonrowe Vision   Wonrowe Vision I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2015 6:00 am

messiaen77 wrote:
Does anyone like these albums?  Has anyone been able to listen to these albums?  I have tried several times and as soon as Steve starts singing, I just can't handle it.  And I love Motorhead!  Help me out here, I really like the music that I've heard, but the vocals just turn me off completely.

Sorry for going negative here.  I do appreciate Steve and his contributions to the Christian rock/metal world.  He's a great bass player, I just think the band needs someone else behind the mic.
+1

Here's the review i did on the new Wonrowe Vision.
http://untombed.com/album-review-wonrowe-vision-2-headed-monster/
Back to top Go down
https://ccmfocus.wordpress.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Wonrowe Vision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wonrowe Vision   Wonrowe Vision I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2015 1:32 pm

Oteis, good review !  I agree with much of what you said... funny thing for me is, I still like it ! haha... I agree with every aspect in your review, but for some reason when I spin it, I still dig it. Kinda weird... but then, so am I ! LOL !
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3869

Wonrowe Vision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wonrowe Vision   Wonrowe Vision I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2015 8:40 pm

I've not heard any of his new stuff. The only Mort album I really like is Envision Evangeline, which is quite good. That was his best vocal performance as well IMHO.

KellyM

KellyM

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2008-02-15

Wonrowe Vision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wonrowe Vision   Wonrowe Vision I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2015 8:53 am

First of all, I am a big Mortification fan. I love everything they did through 1995. I've seen them in concert & even met Steve a couple of times. I don't know what I was expecting when I listened to WV, but it did not do anything for me. I didn't care for it. His vocal delivery is really strange & the album is kind of boring. Maybe it will grow on me, but as of now, I would give '2 Headed Monster' a 1 out of 5.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/lordchainrocks
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

Wonrowe Vision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wonrowe Vision   Wonrowe Vision I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2015 9:45 am

I'm with the majority of people here and Wonrowe just isn't my cup of tea.  It's not even my cup of coffee either Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Wonrowe Vision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wonrowe Vision   Wonrowe Vision I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 10:09 am

I am not a big fan of Steve Rowe's vocals, but find that they fit quite will with Wonrowe Vision.  Debut "Mission Invincible" (in my opinion) is a bit underrated.  I struggle somewhat with the new one, "2-Headed Monster".
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Wonrowe Vision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wonrowe Vision   Wonrowe Vision I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 2:29 pm

So, two cents...

I've never been a fan of Morti. I appreciate their contribution and  I know lots of folks like them. I enjoy them musically but I don't like Steve's vocals - I'm not opposed to extreme vocals, just don't care for his.

As far as WV, I only listened to the one song above and I don't care for it. The vocals seem put on and sorta... cartoonish. Lemmy sounds that way because Lemmy sounds that way. Steve sounds like this because... I don't know... it just sounds forced.

I agree with Xid - needs a different vocalist.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

Wonrowe Vision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wonrowe Vision   Wonrowe Vision I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 5:04 pm

ishmael81 wrote:
So, two cents...

I've never been a fan of Morti. I appreciate their contribution and  I know lots of folks like them. I enjoy them musically but I don't like Steve's vocals - I'm not opposed to extreme vocals, just don't care for his.

As far as WV, I only listened to the one song above and I don't care for it. The vocals seem put on and sorta... cartoonish. Lemmy sounds that way because Lemmy sounds that way. Steve sounds like this because... I don't know... it just sounds forced.

That was my thing with the first album kind of a "I want to sound like Lemmy" thing.  The vocals on 2-Headed Monster, in my opinion, are just completely awful.  In fact, when I heard the first song, I was immediately reminded of this.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Wonrowe Vision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wonrowe Vision   Wonrowe Vision I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 5:54 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:
So, two cents...

That was my thing with the first album kind of a "I want to sound like Lemmy" thing.  The vocals on 2-Headed Monster, in my opinion, are just completely awful.  In fact, when I heard the first song, I was immediately reminded of this.

Holy Cow that was awful!

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441

Wonrowe Vision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wonrowe Vision   Wonrowe Vision I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 6:38 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
I grew up with Motorhead as well as a mess of punk rock from the late 70s all thru the 80s... so I totally have a taste for this. It's not for everyone though Smile

The music is smokin' but that voice just DOES NOT FIT it.  They could be a great classic sounding band if they'd get a singer.  Even someone like Alice Cooper could be amazing with this.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Sponsored content

Wonrowe Vision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wonrowe Vision   Wonrowe Vision I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wonrowe Vision
Page 1 of 1