Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Extreme Music... PURGED

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9927
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Extreme Music... PURGED Empty
PostSubject: Extreme Music... PURGED   Extreme Music... PURGED I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2015 1:14 pm

I have a nominal liking for extreme music - in specific, the music.  I love the shredding bands, hardcore drumming and low tuned guitars.... but after all these years, I still cannot stand extreme vox.  Vocal deliveries that are cookie monster, screamo, growly, gutteral, and all the other descriptions of "extreme music" are just not my thing. I even went to an all day concert with a friend who's into that style of singing.  Loved the bands, couldn't get into the assault of vox.

Said all that to say this, I finally purged my entire collection of extreme music.  All bands with vocal deliveries that I don't like, have been listed for trade/sale and I've already made 3 trades for some GREAT titles I'd been wanting.  So they weren't a total loss - haha !!

It took me 3 days of rummaging thru every single CD and LP I own to clean them out of my collection.  Then I sent lists of them to people who I knew would want to trade for them immediately.  After that, I went thru my entire collection LIST on my PC, as well as the website collection that says which CDs and LPs I own, and removed those albums from my lists.

Kinda like Spring cleaning, only in Fall, and with music  Laughing

Still got a bunch left as well as miscellaneous titles I just don't want anymore - wonder if I should post the list here at CHM ? Not too many are into these styles of music, nor is there much trading around these parts anymore.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3493
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Extreme Music... PURGED   Extreme Music... PURGED I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2015 1:28 pm

Definitely post 'em!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Extreme Music... PURGED   Extreme Music... PURGED I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2015 3:28 pm

There are at least one or two that might be interested (but certainly not me).  I say post them anyway.

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Extreme Music... PURGED   Extreme Music... PURGED I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2015 4:15 pm

I shall then  Very Happy

Just so ya'all know, I already traded around 40 albums -all the "fast movers" moved FAST ! (ie Point of Recognition, Living Sacrifice, Showbread, The Leaders, etc)

There are 3 peeps on different FB sites that I've traded with in the past, and they're way into the extreme stuff. I also knew they had tons of 70s and 80s vinyl of early Christian rock and CCM bands that I seriously wanted - and now HAVE !  Also traded for a bunch of CDs I wanted from another FB dude.
I look at it this way, if I have X amount of albums I most likely will NEVER listen to again - and you have X amount of albums to trade that I REALLY want... it's simple math  Very Happy

Also, I have a few albums I'd only consider trading if I could score some of my serious "wants" - I would trade CDs of Vengeance Rising (as well as their LE picture disc vinyl of Human Sacrifice), and Mortification. Also have a red 7" xLOOKING FORWARDx vinyl that I'd have to get a good trade for.  If interested in these types of titles and you have some of my MEGA wants, let's talk.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Extreme Music... PURGED   Extreme Music... PURGED I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2015 11:55 am

Guess I need to look over your want list again Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Extreme Music... PURGED   Extreme Music... PURGED I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2015 3:52 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Guess I need to look over your want list again Very Happy

My current trade list AND want list have changed a lot... I'll get them updated and post em soon as i can.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Extreme Music... PURGED   Extreme Music... PURGED I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Extreme Music... PURGED
Page 1 of 1