Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2015 Cigar Box Nation Christmas compilation (FREE)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

2015 Cigar Box Nation Christmas compilation (FREE) Empty
PostSubject: 2015 Cigar Box Nation Christmas compilation (FREE)   2015 Cigar Box Nation Christmas compilation (FREE) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2015 4:30 am

It's that time again, folks, when we all try to find some Christmas music that is different.  Well, how about 31 free songs from various cigar box guitar builders?  Well, you can try them as the compilation from Cigar Box Nation is FREE!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The album contains two songs by yours truly.  I am calling myself Chris Dickens and D'Bare Bones Band.  On the redone version of "You'll Shoot Your Eye Out", I do almost everything.  My brother Darren (you all might remember ol' sabidoo) is on drums and joins me as one of the "Chinese" guys singing at the end.  On the parody "Bound For a Throne", the band becomes about as bare bones as it gets as I am doing every.  All guitars, bass, vocals, and drums were recorded by me.

Also on this compilation are legendary master builder and performer Shane Speal.  He has really pushed this movement along for several decades until there are builders all over the world.

Rez frontman Glenn Kaiser joins us on this comp as well.  So, check out that tune just because he is one of our heros.

When you hear the new songs, let me know what you think!  As to the songs on the compilation, expect some songs to be very low quality as part of this movement of cigar box guitars and builders is to record lo-fi.  I don't agree with that and am trying to raise the bar.  Delete what you don't like.  I will do the same thing.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23430
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Cigar Box Nation Christmas compilation (FREE)   2015 Cigar Box Nation Christmas compilation (FREE) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2015 10:25 am

Downloading now!

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23430
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Cigar Box Nation Christmas compilation (FREE)   2015 Cigar Box Nation Christmas compilation (FREE) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2015 11:44 am

I would have to say that I found your's and Glen's entries to be the most enjoyable (also liked the Robert Killen track).  You are correct when you say that there are some very "lo-fi" recordings.  Also more than a couple instrumental tracks.

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Cigar Box Nation Christmas compilation (FREE)   2015 Cigar Box Nation Christmas compilation (FREE) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2015 1:41 pm

I've already downloaded the compilation, but have to listen.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Cigar Box Nation Christmas compilation (FREE)   2015 Cigar Box Nation Christmas compilation (FREE) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2015 2:52 pm

I only liked about 5 songs from last year's compilation.  Just delete what you don't like.  I will.  LOL

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Cigar Box Nation Christmas compilation (FREE)   2015 Cigar Box Nation Christmas compilation (FREE) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2015 6:15 pm

I like what you've done to You'll Shoot Your Eye Out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Cigar Box Nation Christmas compilation (FREE)   2015 Cigar Box Nation Christmas compilation (FREE) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2015 3:47 am

I redid the rhythm guitars and vocals to make them come out in the mix more.  My brother wanted to add the drums.  I also wanted to be able to actually hear the final spoken line, "No, no, no!  Ting tomting else!"  So, while sabidoo was in the studio, I got him to redo it.  The bass, shaker, bells, and lead guitar solo were all done on the previous version.  We recorded over the bucket drums.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Cigar Box Nation Christmas compilation (FREE)   2015 Cigar Box Nation Christmas compilation (FREE) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2015 6:42 am

That's cool.
I hope you are conent now about this after you've redid this song.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Cigar Box Nation Christmas compilation (FREE)   2015 Cigar Box Nation Christmas compilation (FREE) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2015 Cigar Box Nation Christmas compilation (FREE)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The Melting Pot - All other forms of Christian music go here!-
Jump to: