Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I have been initiated !

Go down 
+2
Xid
Guilty/Forgiven
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9927
Registration date : 2007-05-18

I have been initiated ! Empty
PostSubject: I have been initiated !   I have been initiated ! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 12:40 pm

I'm finally a member of the "My Facebook account was hacked" club.

Actually, more like my FB was duplicated... This morning I woke up to all kinds of craziness on my FB.  People asking me why I made a new account, people telling me they accepted my friend request, etc etc.

Come to find out, an account under "Jim Willis" AND "Jim Wilis" (one "L") was created by some jerkwad out there for whatever reason, I don't know.  My daughter saved the day by coming over and helping me report this and get it removed (Andre reported it too - THANKS man !!). 
1. The false accounts were invisible to me on my computer. My daughter pulled up her account and showed it to me.
2. They were only able to replicate my avatar and my splash screen picture, since my account is private and only accessible to Friends... and apparently they could see my friend list as well, since they sent requests to everyone.  I hope that the person wasn't able to get private info from the 13 people who accepted that friend request. Perhaps a change of passwords would be a good idea for everyone who befriended this scammer.

Anyone else have this problem before ?  Know anyone who's had this ?
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5505
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: I have been initiated !   I have been initiated ! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 3:30 pm

I've heard of this happening to lots of folks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9927
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: I have been initiated !   I have been initiated ! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 3:43 pm

I wonder though, what can an evil hacker get by doing this ?  I assume they could get people's full names, DOBs, locations, and other such stuff to do Identity Theft.  Idk.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: I have been initiated !   I have been initiated ! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 3:51 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
I wonder though, what can an evil hacker get by doing this ?  I assume they could get people's full names, DOBs, locations, and other such stuff to do Identity Theft.  Idk.

I had heard that is one of the main reasons to do it, or to spam people with sunglasses etc.

xenonlion

Number of posts : 1689
Registration date : 2013-08-19

PostSubject: Re: I have been initiated !   I have been initiated ! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 4:24 pm

That's interesting. It's great that everything is sorted out now. It's really terrible that someone would want to do this.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3111
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: I have been initiated !   I have been initiated ! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 10:17 am

Interesting. Add another reason for me not to be on FB!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: I have been initiated !   I have been initiated ! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 9:02 pm

Jim, also be sure to run your antivirus software, too.  They don't always have to hack our accounts.  Sometimes, just clicking on things adds pieces of software that allow the hackers access.  Now that you've changed your passwords, run your antivirus programs, malware removal tools, and clean your registry, too.  All of that together should keep you free from this happening.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I have been initiated !   I have been initiated ! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I have been initiated !
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: