For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Yet more prayer requests :-)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 8865
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Yet more prayer requests :-)   Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:39 am

Kinda busy in the prayer request department here. Very Happy

Anyways, if anyone here has a prayer list, could I trouble you to put my name down for just 2 weeks ?

You all know about my pain issues, and my attempts at pain reduction. Well, since "the incident" with cannabis, I've barely touched it for fear of another reaction like that (even though I have a separate bottle that I've never had a problem with).
The pain has been ridiculous - I've been popping more pills than I should. Trouble is, I must now taper and get back to my regular dosing. This brings a little bit of withdrawal -physical and psychological (and I know better too, being a pharmacy technician for 27 years). Embarassed

Nevertheless, I have to go thru this tapering. It's gonna be 2 weeks of tough-goin' for me.  I've done this before and it not fun. But when I have accountability and prayer, I can pull through.

So, thanks to anyone who can pray for me.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Number of posts : 3135
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Yet more prayer requests :-)   Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:00 am

You got it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.derekclose.com
kerrick

Number of posts : 2316
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Yet more prayer requests :-)   Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:52 am

Sending up a prayer for you right now my friend!
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Yet more prayer requests :-)   Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:43 pm

When you have constant pain to this magnitude, you begin to feel insignificant. I know I'm NOT, but I still feel it.  So many things I used to do for my wife, she now does herself. And the whole pain-management thing becomes a nightmare, as you're constantly trying to keep it balanced without going too far either direction. Then you begin to feel burdensome when you realize HOW many times you've asked for prayer... even though I know it's NOT burdensome to those brothers and sisters who love me.

So, all in all, I just wanna say that I don't take ya'all for granted. I truly appreciate every prayer that our Father hears from your hearts.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Number of posts : 18063
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Yet more prayer requests :-)   Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:03 pm

Praying for you brother, and you know that I am always here for you.

Number of posts : 2924
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Yet more prayer requests :-)   Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:23 pm

I imagine it's hard to believe His grace is sufficient at times like these.

I can also imagine how big of a pansie I'd likely be if I were in your place.

I'll pray for relief and (miraculous) healing.

alldatndensum
Admin

Number of posts : 17978
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Yet more prayer requests :-)   Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:16 pm

I don't have nearly the back pain that you have.  I couldn't imagine going through what you do, Jim.  My ankle that I broke nearly 3 years ago has begun having a lot of stiffness and pain as of late.  I already feel like you do with the insignificance and borderline worthlessness because of it.  So, I will be praying for you as you regulate your meds and hope that you will pray for my ankle.  It could just be arthritis in that ankle finally settling in as my surgeon said that it most likely would due to my age/weight.  It could be more serious and I am just fearful to go to the doctor to find out what it really is.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

Number of posts : 14568
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Yet more prayer requests :-)   Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:44 am

Jim, I'm so sorry you have to go through this over and over again.
What we loved to do for you as brothers and sisters on CHM is just like the friends did.
The brought their friend through a hole in the roof before the feet of Jesus, so he could heal the friend.
We bring you before the feet of Jesus and ask Him to take your pain away.
To be with you when you are having so much pain.

Praying for the post above this one too.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Yet more prayer requests :-)   Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:42 pm

I could respond to each of your posts, but I don't wanna get all mushy and stuff Laughing

I do want to restate that I appreciate my family here. You guys and gals are here for me, pray for me, and are more understanding without judgment WAY more than my own blood family. Means a lot to me.

And though I bring up my pain and don't downplay it much, I do believe that it is our Father who gives me the ability to go on. His grace IS sufficient for me.  If it weren't for His grace and Him holding my hand in this life's journey, I would either not be here today, or I'd be a VERY different person.

So, all glory belongs to our loving Father and I thank Him for answering your prayers, as well as ours.

I pray for everyone here. Mostly prayers of thanks, but also the prayer requests posted here. I thank God that He hears me and that His will is done in your lives and mine. We serve an incredible God who cares about even the smallest things in His children's lives. PRAISE AND HONOR AND GLORY BE TO GOD OUR FATHER, CHRIST OUR BROTHER, AND THE SPIRIT WHO INDWELLS US !!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Number of posts : 18063
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Yet more prayer requests :-)   Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:57 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

And though I bring up my pain and don't downplay it much, I do believe that it is our Father who gives me the ability to go on. His grace IS sufficient for me.  If it weren't for His grace and Him holding my hand in this life's journey, I would either not be here today, or I'd be a VERY different person.

So, all glory belongs to our loving Father and I thank Him for answering your prayers, as well as ours.

I pray for everyone here. Mostly prayers of thanks, but also the prayer requests posted here. I thank God that He hears me and that His will is done in your lives and mine. We serve an incredible God who cares about even the smallest things in His children's lives. PRAISE AND HONOR AND GLORY BE TO GOD OUR FATHER, CHRIST OUR BROTHER, AND THE SPIRIT WHO INDWELLS US !!

AMEN!

PostSubject: Re: Yet more prayer requests :-)   

Back to top Go down

Yet more prayer requests :-)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1