For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Evidence for God

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
messiaen77

Number of posts : 1580
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Evidence for God   Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:02 pm

I have a lot of people in my life who are atheists/agnostics and are always talking about there not being any real evidence for the existence of God.  Well, I think they are wrong because they are looking for the wrong kinds of evidence.  I'm a very rationally-minded person.  I believe in science and the scientific method of investigation.  The problem is God doesn't fit into a beaker or on a scale.  You can't use a microscope or a telescope to find God.  However, I believe the evidence I have for the existence of God is irrefutable and undeniable.

I have been for the past 6-7 months at probably the lowest point in my life.  I don't want to go into details, but I have been on the verge of losing everything that is important to me and have considered several times whether or not the best thing for everyone might be for me to no longer be a part of their lives in whatever way that would happen.  I fight depression every day, mostly through heavy use of masks, and every time I feel like I'm getting out, something pulls me back in.  Yet, in all of this, in my stillest, quietest moments, I have hope.  And that ain't from me.  So if I am not creating this hope, it must be coming from some other source.  Since I don't really see any external sources of hope pouring into my life, it must be an internal source.  If that internal source is not me, there must be something else inside of me creating this hope.  The best answer I have for what that could be is God.  Now I recognize that this evidence is not going to sway those who are looking for empirical evidence about the existence of God, but I no longer feel like it is my responsibility to convince those people.  In fact, I don't think it is possible for me to do it.  This evidence is for me.  It is the evidence I need to keep going and keep believing--though I walk through the darkest of valleys, I fear no evil for God is with me. and God will lead me into green pastures and beside still waters.  If that's all I've got to hang on to, I think I'm in pretty good shape.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin

Number of posts : 18174
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Evidence for God   Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:21 pm

I think that you are in excellent shape with this!

We are NEVER required to PROVE God's existence.  Besides, we are called to a life of faith.

That internal hope is the Holy Spirit.  That is Christ's abundant life flowing through you.  That hope is the evidence of things unseen as stated in Hebrews.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Number of posts : 18213
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Evidence for God   Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:17 pm

Hang on to it brother! Even when I feel as if I am a horrible Christian I always try to remember that any good thing I have comes from Christ.

On the subject of trying to "prove God" with the scientific method...as a professional in a scientific field this always ticks me off. This is because the scientific method has absolutely nothing to do with history. When people as me to prove God scientifically, I ask them to prove Napoleon scientifically. It is a foolish proposition and seems to me merely a lame-duck excuse for those who hate God to try and divert others from His truth.

PostSubject: Re: Evidence for God   

Back to top Go down

Evidence for God
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The WORD - Biblical Discussion and Prayer Requests-
Jump to: