For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Prayer for wife

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MikeInFla

Number of posts : 1737
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Prayer for wife   Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:21 am

Wife needs  some prayer. She went back to work for the first time in our 20 year marriage. She has been a stay at home mom the whole time. Our youngest started kindergarten this year so she decided to go back to work. Luckily she got a job at the kid's school working as a Para in the Library. However she has a "thorn in her side" at work & deals with some unpleasant issues each day. I told her it's the devil because we now have more money and started giving even more to our church. I told her we are able to give more than we ever have and because of that the devil is putting obstacles in her way and my way. I believe this is where all the unexpected bills came from -- because I started giving more to the church appliances started tearing up, our house had to be re-piped and we had to spend $2000 on a roof patching job. I told her it had to be the devil trying to do things to stop us from giving to the church. Now I feel he is messing with her at work, there is some unbelievable opposition there that should not happen to a "para". Which isn't a teacher but a helper. She's about ready to quit but doesn't really want to. She signed a letter of intent to return next year and as soon as she turned it in it seems the bad stuff got even worse. So while we have our health and are thankful for that please be in prayer for he at her job. I told her she's just gotta make it til May then summer break and next fall can move to another area that she likes better.

Last edited by MikeInFla on Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Xid

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for wife   Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:50 am

Will do!
Back to top Go down
http://www.derekclose.com
Staybrite

Number of posts : 18228
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for wife   Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:36 pm

Sorry to hear about that, will be praying.

Admin

Number of posts : 18177
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for wife   Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:25 pm

Sometimes those unexpected bills just happen.  Roofs wear out and pipes have to be redone.  Instead of looking at this as the devil messing with you, try to think of your wife's returning to work as God's way of taking care of you as He knew these things were coming into your life.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for wife   Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:38 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Sometimes those unexpected bills just happen.  Roofs wear out and pipes have to be redone.  Instead of looking at this as the devil messing with you, try to think of your wife's returning to work as God's way of taking care of you as He knew these things were coming into your life.
Good point, this sounds better than "the devil is pickin' on me". Her getting a job is a blessing just in time for the mishaps. Thanks for the prayers everyone, I appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 8921
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for wife   Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:35 pm

I shall certainly pray for her and the rest of your fam.  He will see ya'all thru this.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for wife   Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:51 am

Work has been better the last couple of days. (If I have typos please excuse I am using my phone at the moment). However yesterday our 6 year old daughter had an accident on the playground. She hit her head. Doesnt remember how it happened but it was an accident. At first she said she ran into another boy and they bumped heads. Then she said she ran into another boy and they fell down and another kid kicked her in the head. She seemed to be confused about what happened and the aide didn't see it happen. My daughter (Autumn) didn't tell anyone. Just went back to class w a bad headache. Then when she went to have lunch w my wife she wouldn't eat and was crying. So wife took her to first aid and they gave her Tylenol. Never got better and started throwing up so she drove her to the pediatricians office. As a suspected she has a concussion. Yesterday evening she felt well enough to go to Awana. She is proud of her perfect attendance and knows her Bible verse every week. So I took her there and told them no playing or physical activity. She was happy when I picked her up and seemed normal but tired. My wife slept in her room last night. This morning headache was really bad, she was dizzy and felt nauteous. I told my wife go ahead and take her to the ER to be safe. Yeah it's expensive but better safe than sorry for something like that. ER confirmed concussion and said no lights, no TV, no video games today or.tomorrow. so they are headed back home now. So be in prayer for both of them. While not directly related to my wife's job, the injury happened at her place of employment. It's a good thing she works there and was able to take care of it in a timely manner. Otherwise Autumn might have gone the whole day and not told anyone.... I told Autumn I remember getting hurt at school in 2ns grade and I never told anyone either but that I should have. Anyway pray for both. Again sorry for typos its hard to post while using a cell phone.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for wife   Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:51 pm

Praying your daughter will have a swift and complete recovery from her concussion.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for wife   Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:36 pm

That's gotta be scary!

I only got hurt in school twice.  Once, I had my head busted open and had to have stitches.  Some of us were playing "war" and another kid threw a grenade (stick) and it hit me in the head.

I also racked my sack one time walking across the top of the monkey bars.  I never did that again.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for wife   Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:09 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
That's gotta be scary!

I only got hurt in school twice.  Once, I had my head busted open and had to have stitches.  Some of us were playing "war" and another kid threw a grenade (stick) and it hit me in the head.

I also racked my sack one time walking across the top of the monkey bars.  I never did that again.

I used to get hurt at school all the time. In third grade I had to go to the hospital 3 times from school. Got a concusion running into a steel gate, got a nail stuck in the back of my head (backing into a wall) and got to get rabies shots. I was on a first name basis with the school nurse....I think she was happy when I moved.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for wife   Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:18 pm

In rural Smith Co. here in Tennessee, there was no such thing as a school nurse.  We didn't get those until long after I had graduated.

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for wife   Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:16 am

Home from school again today, but she did fine yesterday. At home in the dark, no TV, no video games. However the doctor at the ER said she could stimulate her mind by coloring in a coloring book. At Awana the night before at church she went to "store" and bought a paint by numbers set. So she painted that yesterday and colored. When I got home from work she seemed to be doing OK but this morning when my wife called me she had a terrible headache and felt nauseous. The ER gave her an extra tablet for it so my wife gave it to her and she felt better. So she will have today and the rest of the weekend to recover. Thanks for the prayers everyone.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for wife   Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:54 pm

I do hope she recovers soon, I bet this is no fun for her, or for you and the wife.

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for wife   Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:47 am

My daughter seems to be doing much better, thanks for the prayers. My wife has kept her out of PE and recess for the week and may end up keeping her out next week. She still has a huge bruise on her eyelid and above her eye. So we may wait til that clears up to let her return to physical activity. Work has been better for my wife too so thanks for all the prayers.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for wife   Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:13 am

Good news!
Back to top Go down
http://www.derekclose.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for wife   

Back to top Go down

Prayer for wife