For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

I'm scared...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
xenonlion

Number of posts : 1689
Registration date : 2013-08-19

PostSubject: I'm scared...   Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:21 pm

I don't know what to do.

So I privately left the Seventh-day Adventist church my sophomore year. I'm quickly approaching the time when I go to college which is great. I won't have so much Adventist pressure and influence around.

I'm scared because of family. I don't know what to do or say. I just know that they will get worried and believe I'll get the mark of the beast and go to hell. I know that eventually, they'd have to realise that I'm out and not coming back. They would still see me as lost.

I guess another scary thing for me is that I have doubts sometimes and I do get worried that I was wrong for leaving. I do remember the reasons why I left eventually. I really don't want to deal with false prophets/teachers, probation closing, unhealthy obsessions with prophecy, little assurance of salvation, egotism, and plenty of other things.

I'm sorry I keep bringing this up all the time. I'm sure it's driving you guys crazy. I need some way to express these things. It's something that influences my everyday life. I'm kind of venting.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

Number of posts : 3326
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: I'm scared...   Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:55 pm

Don't apologize.  You were raised in this and it's going to be a hard transition. 

You don't need to answer but have you considered counseling? I grew up in a situation that affects me still and I'm headed there.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Number of posts : 3135
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: I'm scared...   Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:20 pm

I wish I had great words of wisdom for you.  I'll keep you in prayer.  You keep your eyes on Jesus.
Back to top Go down
http://www.derekclose.com
alldatndensum
Admin

Number of posts : 17978
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: I'm scared...   Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:25 am

I echo Xid's sentiments.  It is going to be a hard place that you go through, but you need to experience Jesus all for yourself.  If your family sees you as lost, then so be it.  Find a church or college ministry where you can grow while in your university years.  Grow your relationship with Christ.  When they badger you, tell them just to pray for you.  You'll be praying for them as well.  I have the feeling that if you can show them your walk with Christ away from Adventism, then you may win them over with time.  You may not, but that is not your place.  Your place as an adult will be the same as everyone else who claims to follow Christ:  to follow His leading and to love Him with all your heart.  That will plant seeds.  It is Christ who will give the increase.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

Number of posts : 14568
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: I'm scared...   Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:40 am

It's hard to reply xenonlion.
But I know in the Bible is written that God will not abandon what his hand started.
The Holy spirit will show you the truth.
Keep your chin up xenonlion.
Back to top Go down
Candlemass

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2013-08-03

PostSubject: Re: I'm scared...   Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:02 am

Wow, I can't imagine going through something like this, at least in regards to family, though I've had some similar experience w/going Catholic from Protestant...
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

Number of posts : 1689
Registration date : 2013-08-19

PostSubject: Re: I'm scared...   Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:07 pm

I'm trying to work on my resignation letter...

Also, I may let my parents know this year. I'm really scared. Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm scared...   

Back to top Go down

I'm scared...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The WORD - Biblical Discussion and Prayer Requests-
Jump to: