Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Aliens/Demons

Go down 
+8
deathisgain
alldatndensum
Fundy
ishmael81
messiaen77
Through The Dark Radio
MikeInFla
Pro-Zak
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Pro-Zak

Pro-Zak

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2013-08-03

Aliens/Demons Empty
PostSubject: Aliens/Demons   Aliens/Demons I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 1:58 pm

Stupid
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3116
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Aliens/Demons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aliens/Demons   Aliens/Demons I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 2:39 pm

Probably not a good idea to continue threads HERE from other forums.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

Aliens/Demons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aliens/Demons   Aliens/Demons I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 2:40 pm

Reminds of an old Isaac Air Freight sketch between two demons.  One of them had to go on Alien Patrol which is where they paint themselves fluorescent green  ROTFL
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

Aliens/Demons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aliens/Demons   Aliens/Demons I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 2:45 pm

Isaac Air Freight--that was good stuff.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Aliens/Demons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aliens/Demons   Aliens/Demons I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 3:01 pm

MikeInFla wrote:

Especially since some of us have no idea what the crap you're talking about.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5318
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Aliens/Demons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aliens/Demons   Aliens/Demons I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 3:21 pm

ishmael81 wrote:
MikeInFla wrote:

affraid lol!

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Pro-Zak

Pro-Zak

Aliens/Demons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aliens/Demons   Aliens/Demons I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 6:06 pm

There's an idea among some that "aliens" are really demons, one that I don't subscribe to. As far as continuing a thread from somewhere else, why not? confused
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Aliens/Demons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aliens/Demons   Aliens/Demons I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 6:17 pm

Why were you trolling the CMR anyway?  If I had been banned, I don't think I would ever want to go back.

As for aliens being demons, why not?

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Pro-Zak

Pro-Zak

Aliens/Demons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aliens/Demons   Aliens/Demons I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 6:57 pm

"Trolling", as if I'm doing something evil! Razz

I don't think that fits in w/a Christian worldview, certainly not abduction and sexual molesting, as demons are non-corporeal beings, w/no evidence that they ever took on physicality. I suppose in some sense, it may be possible...

http://www.equip.org/perspectives/ufos-what-are-ufos/

http://www.equip.org/article/ufo-cults-are-flourishing-in-new-age-circles/
Back to top Go down
deathisgain

deathisgain

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2014-12-04

Aliens/Demons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aliens/Demons   Aliens/Demons I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 7:22 pm

If you've ever read about the abilities our brains possess, especially when it comes to making us believe something is happening when it isn't, I would say that some of these "physical" contacts with aliens, are more imagined than real. And probably demonically inspired.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3116
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Aliens/Demons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aliens/Demons   Aliens/Demons I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 5:00 am

Candlemass wrote:
"Trolling", as if I'm doing something evil! Razz
Trolls are not evil they are ANNOYING and constantly post threads to provoke or cause a rile out of others. 

Example: I like 80's metal bands, do you have any suggestions for Christian Bands? Your actual reply: No love for that, I was never a fan of the 80's hair metal...

It adds NOTHING to the topic instead of contributing. It's thread crapping.  Starting a some-what controversial topic on this forum from another one has only one purpose: To get people riled up. THAT is trolling. 
Back to top Go down
Pro-Zak

Pro-Zak

Aliens/Demons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aliens/Demons   Aliens/Demons I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 8:00 am

Perhaps you rile up a bit too easy... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Pro-Zak

Pro-Zak

Aliens/Demons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aliens/Demons   Aliens/Demons I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 8:07 am

I think this is a good perspective on the whole "alien thing"...

Good Alien, Bad Alien

"Of course, arguments for ET have no evidence. I do not propose "We Are Alone" as dogma of the faith but rather to point out that those who insist "We Are Not Alone" do hold it as an article of faith—because there is nothing else to go on. Their arguments are purely aesthetic, beginning with phrases like "Surely, you don’t believe" or "How can a universe this big." That is telling.
Every age creates an aesthetic mythos to support its deepest beliefs, and ours is no exception. A mythos is not necessarily false or true. It is a picture of the world with a satisfying shape. Sometimes that shape accords with reality and tells us something true, and sometimes it accords with our wishes and tells us something about ourselves.
The faith teaches us that our ultimate hope is in Christ, who will come again in glory on the Last Day with his holy angels to judge the living and the dead. A Christian mythos grew up around these basic truths and populated the world with stories of angels, visions of Judgment Day, and an entire folklore that adorned the Christian imagination as it contemplated the truths of the faith.
But a post-Christian culture, having abandoned the hope of heaven, has to hope for something else and create a new mythos to express that hope—a mythos that even serious Christians are capable of drinking in deeply. Instead of imaginative visions of heaven and hell, we are given imaginative visions of beatific aliens in Close Encounters of the Third Kind and of demonic aliens in Independence Day or The War of the Worlds. These things are part of the emotional and cultural mental furniture of our day and age.
The point is this: For millions in our culture, the spirit of progress occupies the niche once held by the Spirit of God mysteriously at work in the world—even for those who still believe in Christianity. Man’s conquest of space occupies the niche once held by the Second Coming. It is apparent in things like the climactic "Star Child" scene in 2001: A Space Odyssey. Aliens occupy the niche that angels, devils, heaven, and hell once did. Tales of being taken up into the third heaven or visions of cherubim and seraphim no longer have cultural currency. Even those who have had such visions, such as Paul and Ezekiel, have them explained away by the modern expedient of pressing our ancestors into modern categories, often using Chariots of the Gods-like scenarios of alien abductions and interplanetary craft.
Our culture places its hope in immense distances, in colonization of the planets, in alien saviors born of emergent variants, and in the spirit of progress. Millions of poets think they are rationalist philosophers; they declare.aspects of Catholic teaching to be "superstition" while confidently assuming that First Contact, the invention of the warp drive, and the colonization of the stars are just around the corner.
Nobody but a few Trekkers dwell on such ideas consciously, but millions receive them as cultural background music. These ideas must be clearly seen for what they are: the triumph of poetry over revelation and reason." --Mark Shea
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Aliens/Demons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aliens/Demons   Aliens/Demons I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 8:38 am

Sleep

Can we move on to something else please?
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16562
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Aliens/Demons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aliens/Demons   Aliens/Demons I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 8:40 am

I've the same idea about this.
Back to top Go down
Pro-Zak

Pro-Zak

Aliens/Demons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aliens/Demons   Aliens/Demons I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 8:42 am

Talk about "thread crappers!" Tongue
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

Aliens/Demons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aliens/Demons   Aliens/Demons I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 10:27 am

So what's your explanation/perspective of what aliens are? Just want to know what you think, if they're not demons (I tend to believe that, at the very least, there is a relationship between these).
Back to top Go down
Pro-Zak

Pro-Zak

Aliens/Demons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aliens/Demons   Aliens/Demons I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 10:34 am

I don't believe there's any empirical evidence to warrant any real explanation, so I would side w/Mark Shea on this. It very well may be a demonic deception, doctrines of demons/seducing spirits, but I don't believe anyone has had physical contact w/either...
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

Aliens/Demons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aliens/Demons   Aliens/Demons I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 10:51 am

ishmael81 wrote:
MikeInFla wrote:

Why should that stop anyone?  It seems that the less one knows about what they are talking, the stronger opinions they are able to form about it.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Aliens/Demons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aliens/Demons   Aliens/Demons I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 11:12 am

messiaen77 wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:
MikeInFla wrote:

Why should that stop anyone?  It seems that the less one knows about what they are talking, the stronger opinions they are able to form about it.

Wait... is this Donald Trump?
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Aliens/Demons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aliens/Demons   Aliens/Demons I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 11:20 am

Okay, in all seriousness now, when we say aliens, we have to define that. I assume most of you mean "life from another planet".

So if you base it on that, you'd have to consider our own galaxy and realize that all the laws that exist here on Earth would exist on any other planet in our galaxy, and statistically speaking, any neighboring galaxies.

That being said, think about how our planet is made up in terms of life. People often assume if an alien visited us, it would be in humanoid form, but the amount of humanoid forms on Earth compared to single cell organisms is mind boggling.

My point is, if an alien life form actually existed and showed up here, it would likely not be like a scene from Independence Day or Attack of The Martians!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Aliens/Demons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aliens/Demons   Aliens/Demons I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 4:10 pm

Quote :
I don't think that fits in w/a Christian worldview, certainly not abduction and sexual molesting, as demons are non-corporeal beings, w/no evidence that they ever took on physicality. I suppose in some sense, it may be possible...

Angels also appear as non-corporal beings but yet humans interact with them in the Bible.  So, humans only interact with the good beings but not the bad?  Where does that leave demonic possession?  I guess Jesus didn't drive out anything from those pigs that entered into a physical human and later pigs?

Besides, its all theory anyway until the Lord comes and fills in the gaps.  Until then, we all are just filtering a lot of stuff through our personal worldview and topics like this are moot.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Pro-Zak

Pro-Zak

Aliens/Demons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aliens/Demons   Aliens/Demons I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 4:13 pm

Back to top Go down
Pro-Zak

Pro-Zak

Aliens/Demons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aliens/Demons   Aliens/Demons I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 4:17 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Quote :

Angels also appear as non-corporal beings but yet humans interact with them in the Bible.  So, humans only interact with the good beings but not the bad?  Where does that leave demonic possession?  I guess Jesus didn't drive out anything from those pigs that entered into a physical human and later pigs?

Actually, good angels took on physical form at times, but we have no biblical evidence that Satan or demons ever did. I did not say anything about possession, but rather demons taking on physical form to trick folks into thinking they are ET's, or fornicating w/women in Genesis 6, if you prescribe to that theory...
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23399
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Aliens/Demons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aliens/Demons   Aliens/Demons I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 7:46 pm

I've heard some evangelicals suggest that what people think they witness as ghosts could very well just be demons manifesting themselves as something to beguile people. If you buy that, I don't think it would be a huge step to think that demons could also appear as aliens to misguide people.

I also remember reading an article somewhere that suggested that somewhere along the line of 95% of alien abduction accounts take place in the U.S......assuming it to be true, that alone makes me have serious doubts as to the validity of any of those accounts.

Aliens/Demons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aliens/Demons   Aliens/Demons I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aliens/Demons
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next