Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Glenn Kaiser & The REZ Band.

Go down 
+5
Staybrite
bigjtink
777rocker
alldatndensum
rockerVu2
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16562
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Glenn Kaiser & The REZ Band. Empty
PostSubject: Glenn Kaiser & The REZ Band.   Glenn Kaiser & The REZ Band. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 8:07 am

In April I am going to see and hear Glenn Kaiser live.
Yes really.
I am excited about this.
I am very looking forward to hear him live.
It's so cool to go to a live show of Glenn Kaiser.
Has anyone of you heard Glenn Kaiser life?
Or has been to s show of the REZ Band?

What do you like more Glenn Kaiser playing and sining in the REZ Band or do you like his solo albums more?

What are your favorite REZ Band CDs?
Or are you more a fan of Glenn's solo stuff?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Glenn Kaiser & The REZ Band.   Glenn Kaiser & The REZ Band. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 8:49 am

I actually like Glenn's solo projects better. Well, his rocked out blues solo stuff, I should say. I don't like his acoustic worship stuff at all.

I always wanted to see Rez, but I never got the chance. I would love to see them do a reunion CD just for the fun of it.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
777rocker

777rocker

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2007-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Glenn Kaiser & The REZ Band.   Glenn Kaiser & The REZ Band. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 10:29 am

I saw REZ in the early 90s and GKB a few times and also Glenn doing worship. All of that was great! Glenn is one of my favirite musicians because of his blues style. It's what I prefer right now.

Yvonne, are you coming to Ennepetal or is Glenn gonna play in Holland too?

Would love to see as many of you in Ennepetal for the "Legends of Rock" festival.

BTW: REZ is going to play Cornerstone 2008 a reunion show.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/marcpiras
bigjtink

bigjtink

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2007-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Glenn Kaiser & The REZ Band.   Glenn Kaiser & The REZ Band. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 3:06 pm

I have seen both Rez and GKB many times. GKB is always a good show. If you dig electric blues you wont be disappointed. And yes, Rez is doing a reunion show at c'stone 08.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Glenn Kaiser & The REZ Band.   Glenn Kaiser & The REZ Band. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 5:17 pm

Marc I am going to Ennepetal to see Glenn Kaiser.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23399
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Glenn Kaiser & The REZ Band.   Glenn Kaiser & The REZ Band. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 9:21 pm

How cool is that? Wish I could be there too.

I prefere Rez to what little of Glen's solo stuff I have heard. I really like blues based rock, but I have a hard time staying interested in the straight blues (on his Spontaneous Combustin album).

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Glenn Kaiser & The REZ Band.   Glenn Kaiser & The REZ Band. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 10:40 pm

I was fortunate to see Rez Band in concert 5 times; what stood out most was not just the music but the message in that Glenn is quite the annoited speaker.

Yeah, I kind of agree that Glenn's solo blues stuff - under the name Glenn Kaiser Band - is some of his best work, particularly "Carolina Moon".

While always a Rez Band fan, some of their albums are on the inconsistent side of things. But I did think Rez Band hit their stride in the late eighties with "Silence Screams" and "Innocent Blood". "Rainbow's End" might be their best album musically but suffers in the area of production.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/

PostSubject: Re: Glenn Kaiser & The REZ Band.   Glenn Kaiser & The REZ Band. I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 10:54 pm

I've seen Rez twice and saw the GKB last year. All of them were great shows. Glenn is a great musician and a great preacher.

Glenn Kaiser & The REZ Band. 100_0282

Glenn Kaiser & The REZ Band. 100_0279

Overall, I think I prefer Rez, but that's not to take anything away from GKB. Some great albums there as well. Most of them are bluesier than Rez, but none as traditional blues as Spontaneous Combustion.
Back to top Go down
777rocker

777rocker

PostSubject: Re: Glenn Kaiser & The REZ Band.   Glenn Kaiser & The REZ Band. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 7:52 pm

Great pics Tall Tyron. Are they taken at C'stone?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Glenn Kaiser & The REZ Band.   Glenn Kaiser & The REZ Band. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 5:47 pm

777rocker wrote:
Great pics Tall Tyron. Are they taken at C'stone?

Kind of. They were from Cornerstone California, earlier this year.
Back to top Go down
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Glenn Kaiser & The REZ Band.   Glenn Kaiser & The REZ Band. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 10:59 pm

I saw REZ along time ago. I think it was when Silent Scream came out. Saw a show in Illinois. They were good but not one of my favorites.
Back to top Go down
LateFortheParty

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2007-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Glenn Kaiser & The REZ Band.   Glenn Kaiser & The REZ Band. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 9:57 pm

Does anyone have Blacktop ?

This cd interests me.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Glenn Kaiser & The REZ Band.   Glenn Kaiser & The REZ Band. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 11:12 pm

LateFortheParty wrote:

Yes the entire street in front of my house is covered in blacktop but I don't own it.
geek

PostSubject: Re: Glenn Kaiser & The REZ Band.   Glenn Kaiser & The REZ Band. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 11:15 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Glenn Kaiser & The REZ Band.   Glenn Kaiser & The REZ Band. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 11:00 am

Quote :

This cd interests me.

It's in the Cool-ection.

If you liked "CArolina Moon" and "Winter Sun", then you should get a copy of "Blacktop".

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Glenn Kaiser & The REZ Band.   Glenn Kaiser & The REZ Band. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 3:48 pm

I should probably check out one of those albums, as I hear they are more blues-rock then just straight blues like the only Glen solo album I ever heard (Spontaneous Combustion).

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Glenn Kaiser & The REZ Band.   Glenn Kaiser & The REZ Band. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 5:24 pm

To be honest, I did not like "Spontanous Combustion" when I bought it on cassette years ago. I hated it. I loathed it! But, then when I started going CD a few years ago, I got "Carolina Moon" and "Winter Sun". When I heard those, I realized that blues could be a lot more entertaining than I once had thought. I discovered some other blues artists I liked, and even learned to love "Spontaneous Combustion".

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Glenn Kaiser & The REZ Band.   Glenn Kaiser & The REZ Band. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 5:26 pm

Sometimes it takes time to like some CDs.
Back to top Go down
LateFortheParty

PostSubject: Re: Glenn Kaiser & The REZ Band.   Glenn Kaiser & The REZ Band. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 6:24 pm

Quote :
If you liked "CArolina Moon" and "Winter Sun", then you should get a copy of "Blacktop".

I will check those out.

I do like Blues, even acoustic country (fingerstyle) Blues.
Back to top Go down
LateFortheParty

PostSubject: Re: Glenn Kaiser & The REZ Band.   Glenn Kaiser & The REZ Band. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 9:18 pm

Quote :

After listening to clips at GRRRRECORDS, "Carolina Moon" sounds pretty good.

Anyone orderd from Grrr? (no joking, that's the name Laughing ).

"Live" sounds pretty good too, wonder if any of you have it?
Back to top Go down
777rocker

777rocker

PostSubject: Re: Glenn Kaiser & The REZ Band.   Glenn Kaiser & The REZ Band. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 8:32 am

Yes I did. Never been a problem except for our customs who are sucking money outta our pockets Mad
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Glenn Kaiser & The REZ Band.   Glenn Kaiser & The REZ Band. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 8:57 am

I've also ordered from Grrr Records. They are reliable.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Glenn Kaiser & The REZ Band.   Glenn Kaiser & The REZ Band. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 9:06 am

I am listening to the "Blacktop" samples at Grrr Records.
To bad the samples are so short.
Back to top Go down
777rocker

777rocker

PostSubject: Re: Glenn Kaiser & The REZ Band.   Glenn Kaiser & The REZ Band. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 2:06 pm

Wait until April for you can get all the albums right from the artist.

But ordering directly from Grrrrrrrrrr (how many "r"'s are in there?) isn'T that expensive (incl. customs+shipping)
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Glenn Kaiser & The REZ Band.   Glenn Kaiser & The REZ Band. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 4:45 pm

Thanks for this good advice 777rocker, there I can buy the glenn Kaiser stuff I don't have like "Blacktop"?
Do you think you can buy all the CDs there from the bands?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Glenn Kaiser & The REZ Band.   Glenn Kaiser & The REZ Band. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Glenn Kaiser & The REZ Band.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next