For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Today they confirmed something we've been worried about..

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 8866
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Today they confirmed something we've been worried about..   Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:45 am

Today they confirmed something we've been worried about - 
First, my wife does NOT want me sharing this with ANYONE just yet, but I have NO ONE to talk to and am currently devastated and beside myself and just need some "online hugs" right now.

For several months Lisa has had some strange symptoms. Being stubborn, she just gaffed them off and figured they'd go away. She told me she didn't wanna tell me and worry me since I "had enough health problems" of my own.  Some odd neurological things like a numb tongue for several months, as well as saying the wrong words while she's speaking (if you know my wife, she's a genius - she never makes verbal mistakes and has a mind like a steel trap).

When she finally told me of her symptoms last month, I of course flipped and told her let's go to the neurologist NOW and get some tests and such. She consented (which also scared me cuz she's quite stubborn... therefore it must be really scaring her too).

Her MRI came in today and it confirmed our worse nightmares. Without all the medical jargon, she has Multiple Sclerosis. She will be treated best they can, but there is no "fix"... there are several horrible symptoms that can and most likely will follow.

Am
Devastated.

I need to rise to this and be there for her, despite my own condition, but I have no idea what to do or say.  She's my whole life. I cannot deal with seeing her suffer in any way.  I don't know why all this crap has to happen.

For the last couple months or so, I've buried myself in my music and projects to keep my mind off of this possible diagnosis... and now... I really don't care about anything anymore. I so looked forward to when the kids moved out and we had our house and time to ourselves, then I become disabled and can't do a bunch of stuff we planned on doing, now this ! 

I really don't know how to deal with this. God knows my heart, I've prayed... but He's obviously aware that I'm very angry inside as well. I just don't get any of this. What's the point ?
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

Number of posts : 3327
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Today they confirmed something we've been worried about..   Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:49 am

Bro, like I said in my PM, I'm sorry you're dealing with this. I'm praying.

I firmly believe it's okay to be angry at God. At least you're still interacting with him and at some point, he usually breaks through the anger and you see him and trust him more than you did before.

That being said, I don't have much in the way of help or encouraging words for you, and I'm sorry I don't. But I do know that your faith right now is being shaken up and if you don't let go of it, good will come of this situation.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Today they confirmed something we've been worried about..   Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:55 am

Oh Jim.  I don't know what to say.  I'm praying for the both of you right now.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Number of posts : 3135
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Today they confirmed something we've been worried about..   Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:08 am

Very sorry to hear this.  Will add her to my prayers!
Back to top Go down
http://www.derekclose.com
rockerVu2

Number of posts : 14569
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Today they confirmed something we've been worried about..   Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:23 am

Oh no Guilty/Forgiven.
That's hard.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Today they confirmed something we've been worried about..   Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:10 pm

Thank you everyone. I always know I can count on concern, friendship and prayer here.
Multiple sclerosis (MS) is a potentially disabling disease of the brain and spinal cord (central nervous system).  In MS, the immune system attacks the protective sheath (myelin) that covers nerve fibers and causes communication problems between your brain and the rest of your body. Eventually, the disease can cause the nerves themselves to deteriorate or become permanently damaged.  Signs and symptoms of MS vary widely and depend on the amount of nerve damage and which nerves are affected. Some people with severe MS may lose the ability to walk independently or at all, while others may experience long periods of remission without any new symptoms.  There's no cure for multiple sclerosis. However, treatments can help speed recovery from attacks, modify the course of the disease and manage symptoms.
So we can hope and pray that it will be something that's kept somewhat under control. But she's already had symptoms of a numb tongue and lips for 5 months now. As a professional who speaks very professionally, she's said words that were not what she intended to say - this has never happened to her. These were the signs that she knew something wasn't quite right.

I'm really terrified for her.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Number of posts : 18066
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Today they confirmed something we've been worried about..   Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:28 pm

Worst news I have heard in a long time. I will definitely be praying for the both of you.

Number of posts : 2856
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Today they confirmed something we've been worried about..   Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:44 pm

Praying for you and your family, Jim.  As I've said before, having MS is not going to be the end of the world.  While there is no known cure, it is treatable.  And there are quite a few places to go to that deal with MS.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2056
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Today they confirmed something we've been worried about..   Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:46 pm

I always hate responding to posts like this because I know there is nothing I can say that will console you, and just saying "praying for you" never feels like enough, even though I know that praying for you and your wife is literally the best thing any of us can do. That being said, I'm praying for you, now and always.
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

Number of posts : 1689
Registration date : 2013-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Today they confirmed something we've been worried about..   Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:30 pm

*many hugs*
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Today they confirmed something we've been worried about..   Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:20 pm

I appreciate all of you more than you know.  TTDR, thanks for the comfort - it does help to know that this is not "the end", just a new roller coaster to get on.
Also, I realize this is difficult for everyone here, as it is hard to console someone who gets horrible news. But know that the fact that you care enough to comment and that you're saying a prayer (no need to pray daily about things, God has a great memory) means a lot to me.

That's the online hugs I needed. Thank you all very much. I love you guys and gals.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin

Number of posts : 17981
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Today they confirmed something we've been worried about..   Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:35 pm

My heart is breaking for you guys.  You definitely have my prayers.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 2924
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Today they confirmed something we've been worried about..   Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:28 pm

Words cannot express...

messiaen77

Number of posts : 1520
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Today they confirmed something we've been worried about..   Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:10 am

You are definitely in my prayers.  I don't know what else to add that hasn't already been said.  Go ahead, get angry.  God's big enough to take it and won't "smiteth" you for it.  Living proof right here.  It is hard for us guys when our wives suffer and there's not a darn thing we can do about it because we are fixers and can't process when we can't do anything.  My wife has Crohn's, and I just feel so completely helpless and worthless to her because I can't make her better.  Whatever you do, continue to be open and honest with her about what you are feeling and don't let it drive a wedge between you.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Today they confirmed something we've been worried about..   Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:51 pm

Right on. Thanks again to everyone for your encouragement and prayers. We seen the Neurologist yesterday and he looked at the MRI in front of us, told us what he seen and actually told us not to worry about anything at this point (sure, easy for him to say). He just said keep an eye on things and if another "flare-up" hits, contact him.

I really feel like we need a second opinion on what we should be doing - even though I like this Dr, I don't feel comfortable about his casual attitude.

Messiaen77 -I got a buddy who struggles with Crohn's - oh man !! I feel terrible for him  Sad -Sorry you guys are dealing with that.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Today they confirmed something we've been worried about..   Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:06 pm

Thanks for keeping us posted Jim.  Veronika and I have been praying for you two!  That is encouraging news though I agree, a second opinion may be a good idea.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Today they confirmed something we've been worried about..   Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:04 pm

What sucks now is my Dysautonomia has kicked in. It's triggered by heavy stress. So now I'm sick as a dog with all kinds of symptoms - but I'm pretending I'm fine around Lisa as I don't want her to feel bad (even though she probably knows... hard to pull one over on her).

Egads ! I'm ready for a vacation from life ! haha
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Number of posts : 18066
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Today they confirmed something we've been worried about..   Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:24 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

Egads ! I'm ready for a vacation from life ! haha

You could certainly use one. Very Happy

Number of posts : 3682
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Today they confirmed something we've been worried about..   Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:07 pm

Really sorry to hear all this.  As the other guys have said there's pretty much nothing we can say that doesn't sound rather empty.  But I will definitely pray for the both of you.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
oteis

Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2013-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Today they confirmed something we've been worried about..   Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:17 pm

I'm sorry to hear about the diagnosis Lisa had last week and all the stress and pain you and your wife are going through. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.
Back to top Go down
https://ccmfocus.wordpress.com
Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Today they confirmed something we've been worried about..   Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:00 pm

I appreciate all of you, I really do.  My Dysautonomia has let up and I'm doing better there - which is good cuz I want to be there for my wife.
Like I said, she's handling it WAY better than I am. But I sometimes feel like she's just "being strong" since I have such a bad physical disability and she wants to be there for me. So, looks like we'll be holding each other up for the remainder of our days -haha !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Today they confirmed something we've been worried about..   

Back to top Go down

Today they confirmed something we've been worried about..
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1