For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Wish Lists

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ishmael81

avatar

Number of posts : 3195
Age : 36
Localisation : St Louis
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Wish Lists   Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:17 am

Who has a wish list? Where?

Do you put everything in there you want or just the current stuff?

I'll answer first. I have a wish list at Amazon, Swapacd.com and Paperbackswap.com. They all have the same thing. I generally try to limit my wish lists to about 25 items each, otherwise I get overloaded.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

avatar

Number of posts : 17725
Age : 49
Localisation : Seattle
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Wish Lists   Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:57 pm

I have a wish list at Amazon and also at Emusic. I also have an excel file that I keep track of upcoming releases (stuff I can watch for to give a listen when it comes out and decide if I will want it or not).

_________________
"I used to be indecisive.......... Now I'm not sure."
Back to top Go down
kerrick

avatar

Number of posts : 2281
Age : 30
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Wish Lists   Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:19 pm

I have one on Amazon that's somewhat random/eclectic.  I keep my wantlists on the Metal Archives and Firestream pretty up to date.
Back to top Go down
BearDad



Number of posts : 2054
Localisation : Pierre, SD
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Wish Lists   Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:30 pm

Why do you want to know about my wish lists? Do you have money to burn and want to burn it my way? Smile

Amazon
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

avatar

Number of posts : 3195
Age : 36
Localisation : St Louis
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Wish Lists   Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:31 pm

Staybrite wrote:
I have a wish list at Amazon and also at Emusic.  I also have an excel file that I keep track of upcoming releases (stuff I can watch for to give a listen when it comes out and decide if I will want it or not).


 I track mine with Excel as well. I also have my current collection catalogued on there... I'm a nerd.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

avatar

Number of posts : 3195
Age : 36
Localisation : St Louis
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Wish Lists   Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:38 pm

kerrick wrote:
I have one on Amazon that's somewhat random/eclectic.  I keep my wantlists on the Metal Archives and Firestream pretty up to date.


Huh. I keep mine pretty organized. I have 4 at Amazon:
Music - CD's and whatnot
Books - well, books
Guitar stuff - this is any guitar stuff, including the electric I want, the amp I want, and new strings for my current acoustic
Private - this is the miscellaneous list. I currently have a t-shirt they don't have in my size, two stickers I can't decide if I want for my guitar case and a book collection I'm buying my wife for Mother's Day
Back to top Go down
kerrick

avatar

Number of posts : 2281
Age : 30
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Wish Lists   Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:49 pm

You can have multiple Amazon wishlists?  Cool!  Amazon doesn't have most of the music I want anyways so I have a couple movies on there, an iPod, etc.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

avatar

Number of posts : 17725
Age : 49
Localisation : Seattle
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Wish Lists   Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:05 pm

ishmael81 wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
I have a wish list at Amazon and also at Emusic.  I also have an excel file that I keep track of upcoming releases (stuff I can watch for to give a listen when it comes out and decide if I will want it or not).


 I track mine with Excel as well. I also have my current collection catalogued on there... I'm a nerd.

I'm probably worse than you. I have several excel sheets and subcategorize my albums by type (cd, mp3, cassette) as well as an entire separate list for release dates separated by secular and Christian....I'm hopelessly anal about lists. I also have a play list to make sure I listen to new music enough times before putting it in standard rotation as well as listening through every album in my collection. (it takes over a year to do that).

_________________
"I used to be indecisive.......... Now I'm not sure."
Back to top Go down
oteis

avatar

Number of posts : 358
Age : 38
Localisation : The Netherlands
Registration date : 2013-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Wish Lists   Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:24 pm

Here's my Wantlist. I doubt i'll ever complete my ever growing want list.
Back to top Go down
https://ccmfocus.wordpress.com
messiaen77

avatar

Number of posts : 1478
Age : 46
Localisation : in a yellow submarine
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Wish Lists   Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:34 pm

If I had one wish , it would be for all the children of the world to join hands and sing together in the spirit of harmony and peace.

If I had two wishes, the first would be for all the children of the world to join hands and sing in the spirit of harmony and peace, and the second would be for $30 million a month to be given to me, tax-free in a Swiss bank account.

You know, if I had three wishes, first, of course, would be for all the children to get together and sing, the second would be for the $30 million every month to me, and the third would be for all encompassing power over every living being thing in the entire universe.

And if I had four wishes, the first would be the crap about the kids...


Last edited by messiaen77 on Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 17648
Age : 47
Localisation : Tennessee
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Wish Lists   Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:53 pm

Staybrite wrote:
I have a wish list at Amazon and also at Emusic.  I also have an excel file that I keep track of upcoming releases (stuff I can watch for to give a listen when it comes out and decide if I will want it or not).


You can have a wishlist at eMusic?  I did not know that.  I wonder what I would even wish for.

As far as wish lists, I don't usually keep one but will make one closer to my birthday & Christmas.  This makes shopping easier for my wife.  I can pretty much keep up with the things that I want for myself.  Not having kids, I can afford pretty much any CD, movie, or book that I want.  I may choose to get a used copy to make it cheaper, though, or use my book swapping site to get something free.

_________________




I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
ishmael81

avatar

Number of posts : 3195
Age : 36
Localisation : St Louis
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Wish Lists   Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:59 am

Staybrite wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
I have a wish list at Amazon and also at Emusic.  I also have an excel file that I keep track of upcoming releases (stuff I can watch for to give a listen when it comes out and decide if I will want it or not).


 I track mine with Excel as well. I also have my current collection catalogued on there... I'm a nerd.

I'm probably worse than you.  I have several excel sheets and subcategorize my albums by type (cd, mp3, cassette) as well as an entire separate list for release dates separated by secular and Christian....I'm hopelessly anal about lists.  I also have a play list to make sure I listen to new music enough times before putting it in standard rotation as well as listening through every album in my collection. (it takes over a year to do that).


I have separate pages for different artists, listing each album with info about the album - year, lineup, etc.

I have a thing about lists as well. They're very gratifying.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

avatar

Number of posts : 17725
Age : 49
Localisation : Seattle
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Wish Lists   Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:34 am

Hmmm, I haven't thought of making a list to include band line-ups....I might just need to another list. Very Happy

_________________
"I used to be indecisive.......... Now I'm not sure."
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

avatar

Number of posts : 2823
Age : 46
Localisation : Texas
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Wish Lists   Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:40 am

messiaen77 wrote:
If I had one wish , it would be for all the children of the world to join hands and sing together in the spirit of harmony and peace.

If I had two wishes, the first would be for all the children of the world to join hands and sing in the spirit of harmony and peace, and the second would be for $30 million a month to be given to me, tax-free in a Swiss bank account.

You know, if I had three wishes, first, of course, would be for all the children to get together and sing, the second would be for the $30 million every month to me, and the third would be for all encompassing power over every living being thing in the entire universe.

And if I had four wishes, the first would be the crap about the kids...

Now that's funny there Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

avatar

Number of posts : 3195
Age : 36
Localisation : St Louis
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Wish Lists   Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:22 am

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:
If I had one wish , it would be for all the children of the world to join hands and sing together in the spirit of harmony and peace.

If I had two wishes, the first would be for all the children of the world to join hands and sing in the spirit of harmony and peace, and the second would be for $30 million a month to be given to me, tax-free in a Swiss bank account.

You know, if I had three wishes, first, of course, would be for all the children to get together and sing, the second would be for the $30 million every month to me, and the third would be for all encompassing power over every living being thing in the entire universe.

And if I had four wishes, the first would be the crap about the kids...

Now that's funny there Very Happy

That is funny and somehow I missed it!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

avatar

Number of posts : 17725
Age : 49
Localisation : Seattle
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Wish Lists   Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:53 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
I have a wish list at Amazon and also at Emusic.  I also have an excel file that I keep track of upcoming releases (stuff I can watch for to give a listen when it comes out and decide if I will want it or not).


You can have a wishlist at eMusic?  I did not know that.  I wonder what I would even wish for.

Well technically they call it a "Save for Later" list.

_________________
"I used to be indecisive.......... Now I'm not sure."
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

avatar

Number of posts : 17725
Age : 49
Localisation : Seattle
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Wish Lists   Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:54 am

messiaen77 wrote:


And if I had four wishes, the first would be the crap about the kids...

Laughing

Ok I swear I have heard that one before...where did you get it from?

_________________
"I used to be indecisive.......... Now I'm not sure."
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

avatar

Number of posts : 1478
Age : 46
Localisation : in a yellow submarine
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Wish Lists   Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:26 pm

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

avatar

Number of posts : 17725
Age : 49
Localisation : Seattle
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Wish Lists   Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:55 pm

Ah yes Steve Martin in one his many appearances on SNL. Well played.

_________________
"I used to be indecisive.......... Now I'm not sure."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Wish Lists   

Back to top Go down
 
Wish Lists
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» 1930's screwball comedies - the must see list...
» st julien en genevois set list 31jul
» 2007 setlists
» Early Setlists?
» My wanted/trading lists

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: