Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Star Wars Rogue One

Go down 
+2
Staybrite
BearDad
6 posters
AuthorMessage
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

Star Wars Rogue One Empty
PostSubject: Star Wars Rogue One   Star Wars Rogue One I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2016 2:37 pm

The first trailer is out.

I've never cared much for Forrest Whitaker, as I think he over-acts.  I guess we'll see.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Rogue One   Star Wars Rogue One I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2016 2:52 pm

I think the trailer looks promising.
I would agree that Whitaker does seem to over-act (at least in some of his work) but I've always liked him since I first saw him in Good Morning Vietnam.

Fundy

Number of posts : 5307
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Rogue One   Star Wars Rogue One I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2016 3:04 pm

I'm in the queue already!

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3493
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Rogue One   Star Wars Rogue One I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2016 3:05 pm

The latest Star Wars flick I thought was pretty mediocre at best and it kinda killed any excitement for future films in the series.  But I'm really not a big fan of JJ Abrams so that could be part of it.

That being said, the guy directing this one I have really enjoyed the past works of.  I thought Monsters was excellent and that he did a very good job with the Godzilla remake.  So Rogue One definitely has some good potential!  The trailer looks pretty good!
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Rogue One   Star Wars Rogue One I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2016 12:25 pm

Things I want to know from this movie:

1.  How were the Gungans exterminated?
2.  Why wasn't it discovered earlier?

I do also wonder about potential crossovers with the Rebels series as they are taking place in the same time frame.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Rogue One   Star Wars Rogue One I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2016 3:30 pm

messiaen77 wrote:

I do also wonder about potential crossovers with the Rebels series as they are taking place in the same time frame.

Why do you say the Gungans were exterminated?  http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Gungan shows they were referenced as late as Return of the Jedi (Star Wars chronologically thinking)
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Rogue One   Star Wars Rogue One I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2016 4:03 pm

It's Star Wars!  Of COURSE I will see it!!!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
messiaen77

messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Rogue One   Star Wars Rogue One I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2016 5:19 pm

BearDad wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:

Why do you say the Gungans were exterminated?  http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Gungan shows they were referenced as late as Return of the Jedi (Star Wars chronologically thinking)
Hmm, wishful thinking I guess.  I didn't realize they were a carry over from the original series.

EDIT:  After checking the link, it seems they were added into the corrupted latest edit with Young Anakin's Force ghost.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Rogue One   Star Wars Rogue One I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2016 7:19 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
BearDad wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:

Hmm, wishful thinking I guess.  I didn't realize they were a carry over from the original series.

EDIT:  After checking the link, it seems they were added into the corrupted latest edit with Young Anakin's Force ghost.

That may be.  I think the DVD I have for ROTJ is the "corrupted edit", but it's been a long time since I watched it last.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Rogue One   Star Wars Rogue One I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 6:04 am

I actually like the edited version.  It really doesn't matter how Anakin looked in that last shot to me.  I think they did that just to help people who didn't quite get the whole prequel thing understand better.  Seriously, I had people that didn't believe that these were really prequels after seeing them.  I know more than a handful of people who didn't quite get that.

Anakin isn't the only one that was dubbed in during the edited versions.  In "A New Hope", Leia's adopted father Senator Organa is aboard the ship when Vader first overtakes it.  Now, you won't be able to watch that one.  Also, you see Han finally shoot first.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
messiaen77

messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Rogue One   Star Wars Rogue One I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2016 11:34 am

They didn't understand they were prequels??  How...never mind. 

I'm not one of those "theatrical release only" people by any means.  I liked the first round of edits and the addition of Sen. Organa to that "diplomatic" mission wouldn't bother me.  I guess my problem with the Vader/Anakin edit is that it doesn't really make sense to me in the context of the story.  If we get Hayden Christenson, why not Ewan McGregor instead of Alec Guiness?  If they were both younger versions of themselves, it would make a little more sense to me.  It doesn't even really work in my mind as a "redeemed" Anakin.  But, it isn't my story to tell, so more power to ol' George.

Anyway, back to the new one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Rogue One   Star Wars Rogue One I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Rogue One
Page 1 of 1