For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

MRI... yes, it's me again

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 8921
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: MRI... yes, it's me again   Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:16 pm

As some of you know from my FB, I got my MRI results. 
Not good. All the typical stuff is there from the last one, major arthritis, extreme degeneration in the discs, scoliosis.. but what's worse and of major concern is, I have "Mechanical Instability". This is serious. It means that a vertebrae could slip and damage nerves -they usually recommend surgery for this to prevent any horrible experiences as a result. I REALLY don't want anymore surgery, at least for a while. I have one vertebrae that protrudes, a big bump in my back - so I need to see Ortho an get me a better back brace, to hopefully put off surgery #4.
Thoughts and Prayers are appreciated. I'm really becoming emotionally drained from all this pain and limitations, and I know Lisa is stressed cuz of it as well.

Mechanical Instability = great name for a metal band eh ?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Number of posts : 18228
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: MRI... yes, it's me again   Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:33 pm

Not good news at all my friend. You seem to have a permanent spot near the top of my prayer list. Really hoping the back brace will do the trick (at least for a bit).

Admin

Number of posts : 18177
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: MRI... yes, it's me again   Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:47 pm

I think I would want as much fixed as I could get.  The surgery would be more invasive, but I would want this fixed if possible.  If not, you could do irreparable damage that could possibly, on worst case scenarios, cause paralysis or even death.  GET THE SURGERY!!!!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Xid

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: MRI... yes, it's me again   Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:24 pm

I'm keeping you in prayer!
Back to top Go down
http://www.derekclose.com
rockerVu2

Number of posts : 14677
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: MRI... yes, it's me again   Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:03 am

Not good news.
Maybe you have to think about the surgery.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: MRI... yes, it's me again   Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:37 pm

I agree with ya'all about the surgery. Unfortunately where I'm at kinda sucks.  In order to do a 4th surgery, I'd have to cash out my retirement fund (which is fine, I'm already on disability and don't see myself living to an old age)... Another "unfortunately" is, with every disc level I have surgery on, the disc/vertebrae above that one bears all the work and wears out fast, then I have to have a surgery on that level, and the cycle continues.  Should I have surgery on L4/L3 and L3/L2 (the slipping verts) then the all the work will fall onto the Thoracic area and wear them out, causing the need for surgery in the middle back... all the while I still haven't even addressed the cervical herniated disc in my neck.

It is all very overwhelming. But like Chris said, a surgery of discomfort and financial setback is a better option than severe damage that would be much worse to live with.  I doubt it would cause death, but at this point, I'm pretty much ready to accept it if it did.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: MRI... yes, it's me again   Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:29 pm

I was just told by my Occupational Therapist that having Mechanical Instability in 2 vertebrae with discs that are trashed like I do is very serious - that I could trip over a dog and become paralyzed.

I'm totally freaked.  An earthquake, a car accident, slipping on anything... any random thing that most people take for granted... I have to worry that it could cause paralysis.  This life is getting rather difficult.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MRI... yes, it's me again   

Back to top Go down

MRI... yes, it's me again
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The WORD - Biblical Discussion and Prayer Requests-
Jump to: