For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Need some prayer

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
ishmael81

Number of posts : 3371
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:43 am

Could use some prayer today. Orientation is over and today I find out just how much I need to learn and how many hours Iíll end up working. During the interview it seemed like 40-50 but during orientation last week, there were some comments about how this position could be a ďseven day a week jobĒ and itís hard for to be successful in the role without putting in ďenough hoursĒ. †I donít mind working to earn my pay but I donít like feeling mislead and I donít want work to consume me - I have a family and Iím in school.†

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Number of posts : 18277
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:24 pm

Yikes seven days a week!
I hope that isn't the case.† Praying for you brother.

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:54 am

I would appreciate your prayers, even though at his point thereís probably only a few of you reading.†

The last two weeks you may have noticed I havenít been posting much. Iíve been at my new job, which in many ways is a blessing - I got out of a dying organization and got a nice pay raise. However, Iíve quickly realized that my boss works 60 to 70 hour weeks and expects the same from me. Iím in way over my head and to be honest, with family, church and school obligations I regret taking the position.†

But now Iím stuck. I needed a pay increase from where I was because my wife is a stay at home to homeschool our son. But I canít just give up time with my family, church obligations and school (which is to pursue Gods call on my life) for a job. †

Iíve been looking to see whatís out there but like I said - I feel stuck.†

I just donít know what to do.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:01 pm

Praying God will give you the strength to muscle through this really busy new work-time commitment.

Just so you don't feel utterly alone I helped start up a new company almost 6 years ago.† At the start I was working 45-50 hours a week and only getting paid for about 32.† I have taken a partnership role in the company during the last two years and now I get paid for 40 hours a week (but work 55-65 hours).† I would say it gets a little easier after you have done it for a while...but some weeks are still very hard.† I leave for work at 7 am and get home at 7 pm.† I work for a few more hours 2 or 3 evenings each week and typically one whole day each weekend.

Keep your chin up brother, praying for you.

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:28 pm

AAHey guys. Sorry I havenít been around much.†

So what I thought was going to happen did. Iíve been working 60 to 70 hours a week and struggling to keep up with everything else. This is a job I thought God opened a door to and now Iím not so sure.†

The biggest struggle is the cost of insurance, which is more than double where i was before. This turns my nice big pay increase into about $300 a year. Thatís right: a year.†

I just feel like if God wanted me to work there, why would it not help our finances, but rather take me away from my family more hours a week (itís also a much further drive) and make School much more challenging? Not to mention, how can I do Ministry when Iím exhausted by the time I get home.†

I just donít know what to do. I left an organization that was dying for one thatís deceptive and to be honest, feels like itís having a hard time as well.†

Please pray I know what to do.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 3005
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:22 am

Sorry to hear that.† Definitely praying for you and your family.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:43 am

Still praying for you brother, really hoping God will show you the way.

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:00 pm

For anyone still kind and patient enough to pray, I could use it today. My boss called me in her office this morning and chewed me out big time. Basically, the organization is rapidly dying due to previous leaders and itís my job (unbeknownst to me) to fix everything. Itís terrible. I thought this job would be a huge blessing and itís turned into a curse.†

She ended the conversation by telling me if I canít or wonít fix it, and soon, sheíll pay herself my salary and just fire me.†

My wife homeschools - otherwise I would just leave now and get out of the crosshairs. Unfortunately, if I donít find something else, and quickly, Iíll get fired for a situation that I didnít know about when I got hired - otherwise I wouldnít have taken the job. Weíre in debt and have very little savings.†

I appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

Number of posts : 2368
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:07 pm

Oh man that sounds terrible.† I am so sorry dude that you're having to deal with this.† You are in my prayers.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 2958
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:31 pm

Guess you know now why the position was open. Yikes! She sounds like a real two-faced gem.

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:43 pm

Thanks Kerrick.†

Top shot - I do see it now. Iím already putting out applications. I canít work here.†

Thanks for your prayers.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:50 pm

Horrible situation to be in brother, praying you can find something better quick.

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:45 am

Hey guys just a quick update. My boss told me late last night that sheís going on vacation next week and itíll be my ďtime to shineĒ. Iíve been here 5 weeks and havenít been trained on a lot of things Iím responsible for.†

This confirms my suspicion Iím being set up to take the fall for this whole company.†

At this point, Iíll take about anything. Appreciate your continued prayers.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

Number of posts : 1616
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:04 pm

Sorry, I'm just seeing these.† Man, that sounds rough.† The thing with corporate America is that it is super easy for the work to become all-consuming.† I'm praying that you are truly able to shine next week.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:54 am

Hey guys. So my boss is on vacation, Iíve worked a ton of hours (when I left last night, I had already worked about 30 hours since Friday when she left) and the person Iím working with thatís supposed to be training me may or may not be in labor right now.†

Iím really struggling and feel like God is silent. I know I shouldnít have taken this job and Iíve begged him for weeks to rescue me but to be honest, it feels like he doesnít care that or isnít listening.†

I feel so alone and desperate.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

Number of posts : 2368
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:53 pm

That's rough dude...† I'm sending up prayers now.

When God seems silent, remember that He has already spoken to us through His Word.

John 16:33 wrote:
ďI have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.Ē

He knows you intimately and loves you unconditionally.† There is sin in this world and it affects EVERYTHING, especially including our jobs and coworkers.† But Christ is greater than it all.

Also, you're not alone.† You've got this motley crew!† I love you geek
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:02 pm

About all I can say is however much a mess it is or aggravating your boss is... Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ. (Col 3:23-24)

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:03 pm

Hey guys. I still need some prayer but the direction may change.†

From Tuesday morning to last night, I worked over 50 hours of about 72. I emailed my boss last night and told her I wouldnít be in today because I physically and emotionally couldnít handle another day.

Now itís silent. I usually get about 100 emails a day - today Iíve gotten one. I suspect she told everyone in the office to not email me. I also suspect when I go to work Monday, Iíll get fired.†

This morning I filed a claim with the department of labor. They have a law prohibiting people working more than 16 hours - I worked a 26 hour long shift and a 21 hour long shift. I also noted in my complaint that I feared retaliation.†

Anyone else have any ideas about how to proceed? Iím praying a lot, Iím about to do some job huntin... what else?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:16 pm

Honestly, it sounds like you're doing what you should be right now.

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:04 pm

Well guys, itís official. I put in my two weeks notice this morning. We spent the weekend talking with my parents and some selected friends and mentors, and even though Iím nervous because I donít have a job lined up, I felt like this is what Iím supposed to do.†

I should be freakin out but Iím not. I have a peace and a sense of freedom I canít explain.†

Please pray that God leads me to the job that provides for my family but isnít so involved that I get to actually be involved with them. Also pray that when he shows me (because I think it will be soon) that I have the discernment and wisdom to know.†

Thanks guys.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:04 pm

Praying the Lord will put you (quickly) into a new job that is right for you.

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:25 pm

ishmael81 wrote:
Well guys, itís official. I put in my two weeks notice this morning. We spent the weekend talking with my parents and some selected friends and mentors, and even though Iím nervous because I donít have a job lined up, I felt like this is what Iím supposed to do.†

I should be freakin out but Iím not. I have a peace and a sense of freedom I canít explain.†

Please pray that God leads me to the job that provides for my family but isnít so involved that I get to actually be involved with them. Also pray that when he shows me (because I think it will be soon) that I have the discernment and wisdom to know.†

Thanks guys.
...and there's the voice of God, not in the thunder or the earthquake, but in the calm, stillness of your heart.† Praying for the right doors to be opened and the wrong ones to be closed Brother.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:13 am

Hey guys. So tomorrow is my last working day. I was going to work but I put in 24 hours straight on Thanksgiving and my boss is allowing me to take the day tomorrow. However, Iím stuck working tonight and will likely put in 24 or more before I can actually leave tomorrow. Please pray that I donít crash out.†

Secondly, Iím calling the department of labor tomorrow to report this. Iím not the only one this has happened to. Do you guys think this is appropriate? I hate feeling like a snitch but itís not safe for the clients we serve or the staff who work here.†

Third, as my last day is here and my last paycheck will soon be coming, pray that a job opens soon. I have a couple interviews and I hope one pans out.†

Fourth(I know, Iím needy) pray that my wife and kids forgive me as Iíve turned our whole world upside down by this bad decision.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin

Number of posts : 18247

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:26 am

Quote :
Secondly, Iím calling the department of labor tomorrow to report this. Iím not the only one this has happened to. Do you guys think this is appropriate? I hate feeling like a snitch but itís not safe for the clients we serve or the staff who work here.

Personally, I have no problems with calling the Dept. Of Labor.† What could hurt you, though, is if you are salaried.† While forced labor is bad, they tend to lend a deaf ear when you are salaried and not hourly.† I still would report it and urge any fellow employees staying or leaving when you do to do the same if they want it changed.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:55 am

Hey, if people don't "snitch," then evil and mistreatment continue unchecked.† Someone has to be willing to speak out.†

I will be praying for the right door.

As for your family, I certainly don't know them or what is being said around your house, but I would feel confident that you are being much harder on yourself than they are.† I hear you beating yourself up quite a bit on this one, and I understand that tendency, but the reality is you were trying to make a good decision, to put yourself in a good situation that would benefit your family more than your previous situation did.† You need to shake it off, learn from it, and focus on what's next.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   

Back to top Go down

Need some prayer
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next