For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Need some prayer

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Xid

Number of posts : 3269
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:34 am

Prayers for you!
Back to top Go down
http://www.derekclose.com
MikeInFla

Number of posts : 1749
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:13 pm

Hope it goes well. Our company announced to our union that job cuts are coming around March. This will affect me but I won't be out of a job. But I may have to go to another department and be back on the bottom. Basically my Dept is being replaced by automation. I will not lose my job but lose my position. I have requested to transfer to another area where I will make around the same pay but it isn't a very desirable job (and that might just be because I don't know much about the area).
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin

Number of posts : 18247
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:13 am

Automation isn't all bad.  I have a friend who works for Nissan.  They have "replaced" a lot of people with automation.  What happened was that this created more jobs for people to keep the supply carts loaded and more people to keep the automation operating properly.  They laid off and rehired dozens just with a different skill set.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
ishmael81

Number of posts : 3371
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:25 am

Mike, the change may be something you end up liking more. Who knows? Sometimes stuff like this happens and it works out for the best.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:24 pm

So last week I found out I didn't get the promotion to my boss's old position, which I didn't think I would get. But the person who did get it surprised me. It's actually someone who is a step below me on the managerial ladder.

So someone I used to supervise, and still could, will now be my boss... I also found out there was some shady stuff that caused her to get the position but I'm trying to just do the best I can and be a light if I can.

Also, I should hear something by the end of the week about the Staff Development position. Still holding onto hope that I get it. It's the one I really want. I'll let you guys know!
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:51 pm

Well, I found out today that the job I had a pretty good shot at... I did not get.

At this point, I think it's pretty clear that I need to give up and just stay at my job I have now despite how much I hate it.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Number of posts : 18277
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:19 pm

ishmael81 wrote:

So someone I used to supervise, and still could, will now be my boss... I also found out there was some shady stuff that caused her to get the position but I'm trying to just do the best I can and be a light if I can.

I find this to be one of those things that seems common in mid-size to larger organizations (and it can be a serious pain to deal with).  It's demoralizing to watch suck-ups and even family and friends be promoted ahead of those who actually deserve the job.  Nice thing about being in a smaller company is that it seems this almost never happens.  The smaller company cannot afford to promote anyone who isn't the best candidate for the job because the narrow profit margin can't tolerate much inadequacy from leadership.

Number of posts : 2958

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:09 pm

ishmael81 wrote:
At this point, I think it's pretty clear that I need to give up and just stay at my job I have now despite how much I hate it.

Sorry to hear the news but I'd say it's pretty clear you are not appreciated for the job you do and you need to continue to look elsewhere despite the previous lack of success.

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:07 pm

Staybrite wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:

I find this to be one of those things that seems common in mid-size to larger organizations (and it can be a serious pain to deal with).  It's demoralizing to watch suck-ups and even family and friends be promoted ahead of those who actually deserve the job.  Nice thing about being in a smaller company is that it seems this almost never happens.  The smaller company cannot afford to promote anyone who isn't the best candidate for the job because the narrow profit margin can't tolerate much inadequacy from leadership.
Yep. It bother me anyway but the fact it' happened to me 4 time in 6 years is insulting. If I had somewhere else to go that paid the same, I'd resign today.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:08 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:

Sorry to hear the news but I'd say it's pretty clear you are not appreciated for the job you do and you need to continue to look elsewhere despite the previous lack of success.
Oddly enough, my wife said the same thing - to look outside my organization.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:08 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:

I agree with Topshot.

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:50 pm

Heard a great message this morning from Acts 16 and immediately thought of you.

When God says, "No" He is actually saying, "Yes" to a future you don't understand. Paul and Silas were prevented from preaching in 2 areas. Where they were told to preach in a vision resulted in a beating and imprisonment. So the "Yes" may still be difficult as well. One might even question the validity of the vision. However, Paul and Silas still took the power of prayer with them and were able to carry out the vision God had given them as a result.

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:11 am

Thanks topshot. I've been pretty down about the whole situation. I felt like God wanted me to start looking for a new job almost 5 years ago and now I'm questioning that. I feel like he called me to go back to school (which I plan on in August) and do something with my education but I keep wondering if I'll work here (yech....) until I'm done with school in 2 to 3 years. Scary.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:22 pm

Well today this whole situation went from depressing and frustrating to flat out infuriating.

I found out that the guy who did get the Staff Development spot was a former trainer (which makes sense) that quit without giving his two weeks' notice about 8 months ago! What?

Maybe I should just leave and then hope God puts me somewhere. At least I know if I don't give two weeks notice I can get promoted here...
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:33 pm

Wow, incredibly frustrating indeed.

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:59 am

Well, after the above mentioned issue, I had an interview with a staffing agency that basically said I was unhirable (which is odd since I have a job...). At that point, I told my wife, "I'm done. If God wants me to move, he'll open a door."

Thursday I got a call for a position I applied for several weeks ago. The recruiter told me she had been on vacation and was just getting back to people. She asked if I had time for a phone interview and if that went well, she'd talk with her boss about a face to face interview. We talked for about 20 minutes and she goes "Well, this went better than I expected. Can you come in Monday or Tuesday for a sit-down interview?"

So tomorrow at 2 i'll have the first interview since I "gave up" and decided to let God "put me somewhere if he wants."

But there's a couple more really interesting things that happened.

First, when I told her my salary requirement (a random number that's about 8% more than I make), she said "Okay, that makes sense."

Second, the organization works in the community with disabled adults. They want someone who has HR experience (which I have, extensively) and someone familiar with the ID/DD population (which I've worked with since 2009). She went on to say they were having troubles finding candidates to interview.... so if I'm one of the only ones, it'll be harder to tell me no!
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 3005
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:37 am

That's great news.  Praying everything goes well with the interview.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

Number of posts : 2368
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:48 am

Wow, very good news indeed!  Right on.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:43 pm

That certainly sounds promising!

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:04 pm

ishmael81 wrote:
I had an interview with a staffing agency that basically said I was unhirable
That's an odd thing to say. I'm guessing their impression is that you're either way over/under qualified for what they have or have terrible interviewing skills.

Anyway, the rest of it is great news!

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:09 am

topshot rhit wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:
I had an interview with a staffing agency that basically said I was unhirable
That's an odd thing to say. I'm guessing their impression is that you're either way over/under qualified for what they have or have terrible interviewing skills.

Anyway, the rest of it is great news!

The issue was that I'm either asking too much for the job I'm qualified for or I'm underqualified for the job that pays what I want. Frankly, I don't make a fortune (I work for the state that is ranked 50 out of 50 for how much they pay their employees for Pete's sake) but I've worked hard to get where I am and I don't want to take a job and lose 10 grand or more a year.

And yes, I thought it was bizarre for the VP of the agency to say that to me.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:13 am

I just need to vent and I thought this would be the place to do it. You guys can pray for me that my anxiety and frustration doesn't overwhelm me.

So my wife and I decided to spend this year getting rid of stuff we don't need and working on a budget (I'm sure some of you noticed this in various posts I wrote or threads I started before the end of the year). So of course what happens when you start to do something good? The you-know-what hits the fan.

1. So about two weeks ago the tire on my wife's former car blew. It needs replaced because we've been driving on the spare, which is also about to blow out. We can't afford this.
2. I found out yesterday afternoon that to license the car my parents bought for us, we have to pay our personal property taxes, which we can't afford. Then once they're paid, we have to pay to title the car, which - you guessed it! - we can't afford.
3. The reason we can't afford any of this is because they "released" me from my second appointment at work. I hadn't been working a ton but the little bit I was doing helped. I got this letter in the mail the same day my wife found out her unemployment for Christmas break was denied. She went back to work today and gets paid Friday, but it will only be for three days before break.
4. As if this wasn't enough to drive me bonkers, I forgot to cancel our monthly order from Melaleuca (cleaning products, shampoo and the like that's organic) and we bounced a check! So now, I have all the crap above and we have about $15 until I get paid on the 15th for groceries and gas and the bills that are (mostly past) due.

The worst thing is I've suffered from depression in the past and thought God had healed me of it. But now, all I can think is that the two life insurance policies I have make me worth more dead than alive.

What's the point of all this crap? Seriously!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin

Number of posts : 18247

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:44 pm

Your struggles sound like you've been praying for patience!  lol!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:03 pm

Prayers for sure, man.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:20 pm

If your local church isn't able or willing to offer you any assistance if you truly need it, PM me.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   

Back to top Go down

Need some prayer
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next