For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Work based prayers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin

Number of posts : 18083
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Work based prayers   Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:31 am

I am considering some changes in employment.  First of all, I work with special needs kids at my high school.  However, a position with more money being the ISS (in school suspension) teacher has opened up.  I am praying about whether I need to even apply for this position.  It would mean more money, but I would have the kids that are always misbehaving.  That could be nerve-racking and stressful.  However, my classroom is moving towards being very low functioning and I'll be an over glorified baby sitter.  I want to know that what I do means something, you know?

Also, I am sending my resume today for a new church position.  I've been at my current church as youth pastor for almost 7 years.  In the past year and a half, we have lost a lot of middle aged folks, almost all of our young adults, and most of my youth.  Some of the youth have graduated out of the program.  But, with that loss of parental aged, the kids have stopped coming.  Our church has dropped from around the 120 mark down to around 85 total attending.  You may have 25 people under the age of 50 in our worship services and most of those are in their upper 40s.  Our church, in my opinion, is about to cross that threshold of dying as we will only exist for the old folks.

So, I am praying about direction big time.  I need the Lord to show me what to do.  Please pray!  Thanks!!!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

Number of posts : 14629
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Work based prayers   Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:54 am

You have my prayers for the school situation and the the apply for a new church position.
God will show you what His will is.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

Number of posts : 3353
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Work based prayers   Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:16 am

Praying here. As someone who looked for five years, I hope that God opens the door he wants for you quickly.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Number of posts : 3194
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Work based prayers   Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:49 am

Will keep you in prayer!
Back to top Go down
http://www.derekclose.com
Staybrite

Number of posts : 18172
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Work based prayers   Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:35 am

Praying for you brother, not an easy decision (either of them).

Number of posts : 14629
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Work based prayers   Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:59 am

Is there more news about your work situation?
Or have you heard from the church?

I hope you keep us posted.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin

Number of posts : 18083
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Work based prayers   Wed May 04, 2016 4:05 pm

I decided to not put in for the job at school and remain in what I am currently doing.  If I took the other job, I would be responsible for the kids in ISS (in school suspension).  The current teacher has been physically threatened and one kid even made threats about shooting up the school and the new principal did not back her or do anything.  With that in mind, they can keep the job.  I can handle my special needs kids just fine.

I heard back just a moment ago from the other church.  They are looking at someone else right now.  If that doesn't work for them, then they will be interviewing me.  So, if God wants me to have this, He will have to make it available.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Work based prayers   

Back to top Go down

Work based prayers
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1