Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Album coming from Rose (Randy Rose)

Go down 
+6
alldatndensum
Staybrite
rockerVu2
Through The Dark Radio
KellyM
deathisgain
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
deathisgain

deathisgain

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2014-12-04

New Album coming from Rose (Randy Rose) Empty
PostSubject: New Album coming from Rose (Randy Rose)    New Album coming from Rose (Randy Rose) I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2016 9:38 pm

Randy announced this today on Facebook:
Quote :
Rose will be recording our new record this month stand by. ‪#‎newrecords‬ ‪#‎warmaudio‬ ‪#‎candcdrums‬ ‪#‎phycadelic‬ ‪#‎qotsa‬ ‪#‎blacksabbath‬ ‪#‎danzig‬ ‪#‎api‬ ‪#‎desertrock‬ ‪#‎inthestudio‬ ‪#‎vintagerecordingequipment‬
Back to top Go down
KellyM

KellyM

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2008-02-15

PostSubject: Re: New Album coming from Rose (Randy Rose)    New Album coming from Rose (Randy Rose) I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 7:21 am

Looking forward to it. One of my favorites.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/lordchainrocks
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: New Album coming from Rose (Randy Rose)    New Album coming from Rose (Randy Rose) I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 2:34 pm

Definitely looking forward to this.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16562
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: New Album coming from Rose (Randy Rose)    New Album coming from Rose (Randy Rose) I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 3:45 pm

Definitely looking forward to a new Randy Rose album.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23399
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: New Album coming from Rose (Randy Rose)    New Album coming from Rose (Randy Rose) I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 4:48 pm

I was hoping there would be a new album a few years back when they released a few songs on facebook/youtube. Hope the new record will include those songs.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: New Album coming from Rose (Randy Rose)    New Album coming from Rose (Randy Rose) I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 9:04 pm

Me, too.  I am so ready for a new Rose album and wish that Mad At The World would reunite for a rock album as well.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: New Album coming from Rose (Randy Rose)    New Album coming from Rose (Randy Rose) I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2016 11:09 am

That would be wonderful a new Mad At The World.
If it's going to happen is the big question.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: New Album coming from Rose (Randy Rose)    New Album coming from Rose (Randy Rose) I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2016 12:00 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Me, too.  I am so ready for a new Rose album and wish that Mad At The World would reunite for a rock album as well.

I would be totally on board with that as well, just as long as they didn't go the "Dreamland Cafe" route.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: New Album coming from Rose (Randy Rose)    New Album coming from Rose (Randy Rose) I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2016 3:05 pm

Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

I would be totally on board with that as well, just as long as they didn't go the "Dreamland Cafe" route.

Agreed!  It would really need to be made somewhere in the vicinity of "Seasons Of Love" through the "Through The Forest" albums.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: New Album coming from Rose (Randy Rose)    New Album coming from Rose (Randy Rose) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2016 7:32 am

Yep that would be great.
When we can expect the new album of Randy Rose?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: New Album coming from Rose (Randy Rose)    New Album coming from Rose (Randy Rose) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2016 7:43 am

All we know is that they will be recording it this month.  Then, there's mixing and mastering.  Then, you have CD manufacturing and getting it on all the digital download places.  All that can take a few months even if they have everything lined up perfectly.

Back to top Go down
deathisgain

deathisgain

PostSubject: Re: New Album coming from Rose (Randy Rose)    New Album coming from Rose (Randy Rose) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 1:26 pm

Quote :
Two more weeks till the Rose campaign kicks off ‪#‎newrecord‬ ‪#‎randyrose‬ ‪#‎qotsa‬ ‪#‎desertrock‬ ‪#‎recordingsession‬ ‪#‎stonerrock‬ ‪#‎rocknroll‬ ‪#‎newrelease‬
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: New Album coming from Rose (Randy Rose)    New Album coming from Rose (Randy Rose) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 3:03 pm

deathisgain wrote:
Quote :
Two more weeks till the Rose campaign kicks off ‪#‎newrecord‬ ‪#‎randyrose‬ ‪#‎qotsa‬ ‪#‎desertrock‬ ‪#‎recordingsession‬ ‪#‎stonerrock‬ ‪#‎rocknroll‬ ‪#‎newrelease‬

Interesting to see the "Queens of the Stoneage" tag.  Wonder if they are going to be an influence on the new Rose music.

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9945
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: New Album coming from Rose (Randy Rose)    New Album coming from Rose (Randy Rose) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 8:20 pm

SUPER cool indeed ! I'm with ya'all that we need some new Rose as well as MATW.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: New Album coming from Rose (Randy Rose)    New Album coming from Rose (Randy Rose) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2016 8:51 am

Staybrite wrote:
deathisgain wrote:
Quote :

Interesting to see the "Queens of the Stoneage" tag.  Wonder if they are going to be an influence on the new Rose music.

If you ever listened to the demo tracks that Randy has been posting for the past couple of years, I would say yes.

Personally, I like the sound of Queens Of The Stone Age.  It has a straighforward rock sound with some psychadelic 70s stuff to it.  Seeing that Randy was going after that vibe with those two Mothership albums he did, I wouldn't doubt that he intends to mix this in with his Danzig style, too.  This could make for an interesting combo that we've not really heard before.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: New Album coming from Rose (Randy Rose)    New Album coming from Rose (Randy Rose) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2016 7:40 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
deathisgain wrote:
Quote :

If you ever listened to the demo tracks that Randy has been posting for the past couple of years, I would say yes.

Personally, I like the sound of Queens Of The Stone Age.  It has a straighforward rock sound with some psychadelic 70s stuff to it.  Seeing that Randy was going after that vibe with those two Mothership albums he did, I wouldn't doubt that he intends to mix this in with his Danzig style, too.  This could make for an interesting combo that we've not really heard before.

I think you might be right.

deathisgain

PostSubject: Re: New Album coming from Rose (Randy Rose)    New Album coming from Rose (Randy Rose) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2016 6:57 pm

In case you guys hadn't seen this on Facebook. "The ROSE KICKSTARTER campaign goes live at 10:00 AM tomorrow July-11th-2016"

New Album coming from Rose (Randy Rose) 13590456_1270641306299025_8541358583536252107_n
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: New Album coming from Rose (Randy Rose)    New Album coming from Rose (Randy Rose) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2016 12:17 am

Very cool!

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: New Album coming from Rose (Randy Rose)    New Album coming from Rose (Randy Rose) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2016 8:01 am

There we go again ... kickstarter.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: New Album coming from Rose (Randy Rose)    New Album coming from Rose (Randy Rose) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2016 8:13 am

I'm not crazy about the crowd funding trend, but at least we don't have to support everything that comes down the pike and can still enjoy their work later.  I have the new One Bad Pig album but did not do the Kickstarter.

I will get behind this, though.  I've loved Randy's previous body of work and I want this to succeed.  So, I'll get behind it and help.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: New Album coming from Rose (Randy Rose)    New Album coming from Rose (Randy Rose) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2016 3:18 pm

I'm going to jump into the kickstarter was well (it will have to wait a few weeks) but I'm looking at the kickstarter page and the campaign is for $10,000.  Is it just me or does that seem a little high?  I haven't participated in many of these so I don't really have a feel for what they can expect.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: New Album coming from Rose (Randy Rose)    New Album coming from Rose (Randy Rose) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2016 5:48 pm

I remember when John Schlitt and John Elefante both did these.  They were shooting for $35,000 each.  When you have to pay for super expensive studio time, studio musicians, CD layout and design, website redesign, and several other things, you can end up with quite an expensive record.  Then, you have still got to advertise it as well because the radio probably isn't going to carry it because of the style.

Ten grand for a Kickstarter really isn't that high.  With John Elefante's last album, he RAISED over $65,000.  For a well known person, reaching the goal isn't that bad.  No higher than what Randy is asking for, it is possible that they will meet and surpass their goal.

I went ahead and backed it.  They have a $15 level where you get the downloads 2 weeks prior to the actual release and then the CD later.  I like that level and thought it was more than acceptably priced.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: New Album coming from Rose (Randy Rose)    New Album coming from Rose (Randy Rose) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2016 6:01 pm

Thanks for the input, I wasn't at all certain (yikes $65,000 is a massive sum).  Hope Rose can reach the goal (and more).

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: New Album coming from Rose (Randy Rose)    New Album coming from Rose (Randy Rose) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2016 8:47 pm

He has reached $1,000 dollars of pledges on the first day.  He still has 29 days to go.

Back to top Go down
Pro-Zak

Pro-Zak

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2013-08-03

PostSubject: Re: New Album coming from Rose (Randy Rose)    New Album coming from Rose (Randy Rose) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2016 10:06 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Thanks for the input, I wasn't at all certain (yikes $65,000 is a massive sum).  Hope Rose can reach the goal (and more).

You can't be serious?! affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Album coming from Rose (Randy Rose)    New Album coming from Rose (Randy Rose) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Album coming from Rose (Randy Rose)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next