For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Pastor Brad - Parody - Crazy Train by Ozzy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
pastorbrad

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2015-06-15

PostSubject: Pastor Brad - Parody - Crazy Train by Ozzy   Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:31 am

(The following is my post at guitarjams.net earlier this morning)

Dude, I will never forget going out to "Karma Records" in Anderson, IN. to pick up the "EX lead singer for Black Sabbath" -- Ozzy Osbourn's DEBUT album--"Blizzard of Ozz."  I had NEVER heard of Randy Rhoads.  The cover was kind of spooky... but that was to be expected coming from a guy with Black Sabbath on their resume.

To be 100% honest, I don't know if I would have gotten all that excited (at that point) about Ozzy, if my friend Paul Hickner--a Tony Iommi/Black Sabbath fan--hadn't said to me, "Dude, you gotta check this album out!"

So on my friends recamendation I bought it... brought it home... put it on ---- and became and instant Ozzy/Randy mega fan.  It was just an amazing collection of music.

Of course---the whole culture/world associated with that music led me to a very dark place.  And when God touched me with His redeeming love and delivered me out of that dark place--I was MORE than happy to say good-bye to all of it... but my appreciation for the music and musicians never faded---and when it was time to put together a collection of Christ-honoring parodies of classic metal songs from "the day"---Crazy Train" HAD to be part of it!  My goal with this song--as with every song on Storm The Gates--was to pay tribute to the song-writing & musicianship that inspired me to become a musician---and to redeem the message of each song for the glory of Christ.  I hope after listening--you think I accomplished both of those goals!

Luke Weber does a stellar job on lead vocals---Thanks so much Luke!!!!  Here's the video--enjoy!  And if you haven't subscribed to The Pastor Brad Rocks YouTube Channel (A NEW video Every Friday)---Subscribe today, thanks!

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 2923
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Pastor Brad - Parody - Crazy Train by Ozzy   Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:34 pm

Pretty good. Huge Sabbath/Ozzy fan in my old flesh though I am going to see Sabbath again for old times sake.

Staybrite

Number of posts : 18060
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Pastor Brad - Parody - Crazy Train by Ozzy   Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:45 am

Very cool!

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2015-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Pastor Brad - Parody - Crazy Train by Ozzy   Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:37 pm

thanks... I really appreciate Luke's vox on this one  Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin

Number of posts : 17972
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Pastor Brad - Parody - Crazy Train by Ozzy   Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:25 pm

This one sounds pretty cool, man!  Better than the Apologetix version for sure!

You shoukd get Luke to try that AC/DC song.  He can nail it.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pastor Brad - Parody - Crazy Train by Ozzy   

Back to top Go down

Pastor Brad - Parody - Crazy Train by Ozzy
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1