Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Keith Green fans?

Go down 
+5
Follower of Jesus
Xid
alldatndensum
Staybrite
ishmael81
9 posters
AuthorMessage
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Keith Green fans? Empty
PostSubject: Keith Green fans?   Keith Green fans? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 9:21 am

Anybody a Keith Green fan? I like a couple of his songs I've heard but it's not my normal style of music.

Any fans want to recommend a few songs to check on Youtube or something?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Keith Green fans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keith Green fans?   Keith Green fans? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 2:19 pm

The few songs I have heard were always too mellow for me to want to dig into any of his other music.

ishmael81

Keith Green fans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keith Green fans?   Keith Green fans? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 2:23 pm

Yeah, I hear that. I like some of his tunes and I'm thinking a hits collection would be good. I'm always on the lookout for devotion/private worship time music.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Keith Green fans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keith Green fans?   Keith Green fans? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 9:22 pm

Staybrite wrote:
The few songs I have heard were always too mellow for me to want to dig into any of his other music.

This.  Exactly.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5505
Registration date : 2014-03-12

Keith Green fans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keith Green fans?   Keith Green fans? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 9:51 pm

Keith Green was a talented musician.  Of the few songs I've heard they are good.  But I've never listened to any of his full albums.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

Keith Green fans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keith Green fans?   Keith Green fans? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2016 8:09 pm

I love Keith Green's music. Well, not so much the music as much as the message. His songs comfort me, exhort me, remind me, and generally lead me straight back to Jesus. It took me a long time to develop a liking for him because his voice is quite different.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Keith Green fans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keith Green fans?   Keith Green fans? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2016 9:22 pm

Xid wrote:
Keith Green was a talented musician.  Of the few songs I've heard they are good.  But I've never listened to any of his full albums.

There are a lot talented musicians out there, though.  Some styles, regardless of how well written the music may be, just don't reach people.  My sister used to like this one lady singer that I can't remember the name.  She swore that the music and lyrics were "so anointed" according to her words.  I just couldn't stand the instrumentation or the woman's voice.  I am sure she was good at what she did, but I just didn't hear the "anointing".  I couldn't pay attention to a whole song whereas my sister could listen to several albums of this lady back to back.  It is kind of the same for me with Keith Green.  It just ain't my thang!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5505
Registration date : 2014-03-12

Keith Green fans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keith Green fans?   Keith Green fans? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2016 10:43 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Xid wrote:

There are a lot talented musicians out there, though.  Some styles, regardless of how well written the music may be, just don't reach people.  My sister used to like this one lady singer that I can't remember the name.  She swore that the music and lyrics were "so anointed" according to her words.  I just couldn't stand the instrumentation or the woman's voice.  I am sure she was good at what she did, but I just didn't hear the "anointing".  I couldn't pay attention to a whole song whereas my sister could listen to several albums of this lady back to back.  It is kind of the same for me with Keith Green.  It just ain't my thang!

Agree!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

Keith Green fans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keith Green fans?   Keith Green fans? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2016 11:06 am

Yeah, I'm not so much a fan as I am someone who admires his talent, his commitment to ministry (at one point he stopped selling his music and began to give it away and only accept donations for it.  I'll stop my commentary with that.), and his role as one of the pioneers of the CCM industry.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Keith Green fans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keith Green fans?   Keith Green fans? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2016 12:19 pm

Xid wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
Xid wrote:

Agree!
I hear you. I've also never seen anything in the Bible that talks about some music being more "anointed" than other music.
Back to top Go down
oteis

oteis

Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2013-08-20

Keith Green fans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keith Green fans?   Keith Green fans? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2016 1:04 am

I love Keith Green. The messages of his songs are so powerful. Anyway I started really appreciate his music after reading his biography. I got back to the store and bought Ministry Years vol. 1 & 2. The musicians playing with Keith are excellent as well.
Back to top Go down
https://ccmfocus.wordpress.com
Sam Tip

Sam Tip

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2016-09-21

Keith Green fans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keith Green fans?   Keith Green fans? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2016 6:58 am

I like that Thunderbird 2, Sieto! What did you think about the new version in Thunderbirds Are Go!?

In my early days as a Christian I was really influenced by Keith Green. He was characterised by "No Compromise", and that attitude was found throughout his lyrics. In my opinion, at the peak of his creativity his most powerful song was "Until That Final Day". Well worth a listen. You can hear the passion in his voice.

He had Dylan play harmonica on one of his songs, "I Pledge My Head to Heaven". But when Bob stepped back from his beliefs his contribution was drowned out by lead guitar--and not very successfully it has to be said.

Green attempted some 'rock' in the song "Dear John Letter" but it seemed a bit out-of-character and didn't go down too well, if my memory serves me right.
Back to top Go down
https://theimageplane.wordpress.com/
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Keith Green fans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keith Green fans?   Keith Green fans? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2016 7:09 am

Welcome to CHM Sam Tip.

A new version of Thunderbirds are go would be great.
Back to top Go down
Sam Tip

Sam Tip

Keith Green fans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keith Green fans?   Keith Green fans? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2016 7:18 am

Thanks, appreciate it. Very Happy 

I never grew out of Thunderbirds and watched all the new computer animated series. Some family members are a bit concerned!

Sam
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Keith Green fans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keith Green fans?   Keith Green fans? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2016 8:35 am

Hi Sam, welcome to our little home.

Sam Tip

Keith Green fans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keith Green fans?   Keith Green fans? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2016 9:36 am

Thanks! Good to be here...
Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
oteis

oteis

Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2013-08-20

Keith Green fans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keith Green fans?   Keith Green fans? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2016 11:18 am

Sam Tip wrote:
I like that Thunderbird 2, Sieto! What did you think about the new version in Thunderbirds Are Go!?

In my early days as a Christian I was really influenced by Keith Green. He was characterised by "No Compromise", and that attitude was found throughout his lyrics. In my opinion, at the peak of his creativity his most powerful song was "Until That Final Day". Well worth a listen. You can hear the passion in his voice.

He had Dylan play harmonica on one of his songs, "I Pledge My Head to Heaven". But when Bob stepped back from his beliefs his contribution was drowned out by lead guitar--and not very successfully it has to be said.

Green attempted some 'rock' in the song "Dear John Letter" but it seemed a bit out-of-character and didn't go down too well, if my memory serves me right.

Welcome to chm Sam. Actually I'm not even a big thunderbird fan. I used to watch it when I was a kid. Since the theme for this month's avatar was birds, I decided to go with Thunderbirds.
Back to top Go down
https://ccmfocus.wordpress.com
Sponsored content

Keith Green fans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keith Green fans?   Keith Green fans? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Keith Green fans?
Page 1 of 1