Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you watching?

Go down 
+16
MikeInFla
Guilty/Forgiven
dale434445
ishmael81
Fundy
rockerVu2
oteis
BearDad
Staybrite
Driven
Xid
Hardkore
kerrick
alldatndensum
Through The Dark Radio
topshot rhit
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3496
Registration date : 2013-07-17

What are you watching? - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2016 10:38 am

Staybrite wrote:
Watched "Criminal" last night with Kevin Costner, Gary Oldman & Tommy Lee Jones.  It was just alright.  I thought the premise was great, just not the best execution.  Be warned if you plan on watching it, there is quite a bit of profanity, and the violence gets a tad gory.

I thought it looked kinda silly but I love Gary Oldman... Hmm, maybe it'll be a rental if there's nothing else that's catching my eye...

My parents and I watched the Lethal Weapon series haha. The third one isn't that great, but 1, 2, and 4 are all a heck of a lot of fun! (Lots of bad language though...)
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23399
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2016 2:35 pm

kerrick wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Watched "Criminal" last night with Kevin Costner, Gary Oldman & Tommy Lee Jones.  It was just alright.  I thought the premise was great, just not the best execution.  Be warned if you plan on watching it, there is quite a bit of profanity, and the violence gets a tad gory.

I thought it looked kinda silly but I love Gary Oldman...  Hmm, maybe it'll be a rental if there's nothing else that's catching my eye...

I'm a big Oldman fan myself, but this certainly isn't one of his more memorable performances.  He does come off as believable though.  Overall the acting wasn't too bad on the movie, I think the script was just a little weak...and tired.

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2016 3:19 pm

Right on.  Eh, I'll probably skip it then.  Smile
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2559
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2016 9:21 pm

Star Wars
The Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2016 11:05 am

Found an old 90's film on Netflix last night with Johnny Depp, Christopher Walken and Charles Dutton by the name of "Nick of Time".  It was obviously supposed to be a Hitchcockian type suspense movie.  Not at all horrible but it came off more than a little cheesy, and not really that suspenseful.  Still fun to see Depp perform earlier in his career, and Walken at his crazy character self.

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2016 1:47 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Found an old 90's film on Netflix last night with Johnny Depp, Christopher Walken and Charles Dutton by the name of "Nick of Time".  It was obviously supposed to be a Hitchcockian type suspense movie.  Not at all horrible but it came off more than a little cheesy, and not really that suspenseful.  Still fun to see Depp perform earlier in his career, and Walken at his crazy character self.
I think I remember seeing that some time ago. It was OK. It didn't seem like something that would get repeat viewings,from me at least.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2016 2:40 pm

Hardkore wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
I think I remember seeing that some time ago. It was OK. It didn't seem like something that would get repeat viewings,from me at least.

Same here, I thought I remembered seeing it back when it was newish, but couldn't really remember anything about it.  That typically means it probably wasn't worth watching twice.  But I have to say it was better than letting my wife have the remote and get stuck watching episodes of "Flip This Tiny House Builder's Retro Garden Retreat" (or anything else on HGTV or TLC)

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2016 5:49 pm

SUICIDE SQUAD!!!!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2016 3:07 am

Ben-Hur 2016 3D!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23458

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2016 6:20 am

God's Club

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2016 12:40 pm

Watched Blazing Saddles last night.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2016 4:32 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Watched Blazing Saddles last night.

Classic film!

Number of posts : 3872

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2016 8:45 pm

London Has Fallen

Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2016 12:00 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
London Has Fallen

I have that one on order from my library, looks like it might be entertaining.  Did you like it?

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2016 12:02 pm

Hello My Name is Doris.  
Despite the over use of profanity in some scenes it was rather entertaining. A quirky and sometimes touching movie. Sally Fields proves that at 69 she is still a very good actor.

Number of posts : 3872

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 8:34 pm

Staybrite wrote:
topshot rhit wrote:
London Has Fallen

I have that one on order from my library, looks like it might be entertaining.  Did you like it?
If you like full on somewhat unbelievable action flicks, you'll love it. There's some Foul language and of course bloodshed.

Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2016 3:12 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
topshot rhit wrote:
London Has Fallen

If you like full on somewhat unbelievable action flicks, you'll love it. There's some Foul language and of course bloodshed.

Thanks

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2016 3:16 pm

Watched a recent western flick "Forsaken" last night (with Kiefer and Donald Sutherland, also Demi Moore).  Despite the use of the f-bomb in a few times I found it to be a rather good flick.  It was also fun to discover that Micheal Wincott played one of the villains.  A little amusing because he played the villain in the 1993 version of "The Three Musketeers" the same film where Kiefer played one of the 3 Musketeers.

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2016 9:47 pm

Chris, have you seen the promo's for next season's Agents of Shield?

Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2016 6:05 am

Hardkore wrote:

Ghost Rider doesn't use a car!!!!!
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2016 6:08 am

Staybrite wrote:
Watched a recent western flick "Forsaken" last night (with Kiefer and Donald Sutherland, also Demi Moore).  Despite the use of the f-bomb in a few times I found it to be a rather good flick.  It was also fun to discover that Micheal Wincott played one of the villains.  A little amusing because he played the villain in the 1993 version of "The Three Musketeers" the same film where Kiefer played one of the 3 Musketeers.

Have you seen "Jane Got a Gun"? It's s very well-done western with Queen Padme Amidala -- er, sorry ... Natalie Portman -- as the lead.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2016 10:58 am

^I saw trailers for that and was curious if it'd be good or not.  I may have to check that one out...

I watched Hell Or High Water recently which was pretty good.  Definitely nothing new or original, but it was quite well done.  The basic plot is that in western Texas (modern day) two brothers begin to rob banks to save their farm but of course not everything goes just perfectly and there's a sheriff (played by Jeff Bridges) who's after them.  FYI It earns its R-rating from language and some violence.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2016 2:30 pm

BearDad wrote:
Hardkore wrote:

Well, according to the comics,there is one that does.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_Rider_(comics)#Robbie_Reyes

In March 2014, a new Ghost Rider series debuted featuring a new Mexican-American[2] character named Roberto "Robbie" Reyes, taking on the mantle. He drives a black classic muscle car reminiscent of a Dodge Charger instead of a motorcycle and lives in East Los Angeles.

What are you watching? - Page 6 605d107d0123a51ffa0009a3df9bc5ba_xl

Last edited by Hardkore on Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2016 2:43 pm

BearDad wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

Have you seen "Jane Got a Gun"? It's s very well-done western with Queen Padme Amidala -- er, sorry ... Natalie Portman -- as the lead.

I hadn't heard of that one, I will have to check it out.  Thanks.

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2016 5:34 pm

Hardkore wrote:
BearDad wrote:
Hardkore wrote:

Well, according to the comics,there is one that does.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_Rider_(comics)#Robbie_Reyes

In March 2014, a new Ghost Rider series debuted featuring a new Mexican-American[2] character named Roberto "Robbie" Reyes, taking on the mantle. He drives a black classic muscle car reminiscent of a Dodge Charger instead of a motorcycle and lives in East Los Angeles.

What are you watching? - Page 6 605d107d0123a51ffa0009a3df9bc5ba_xl

Hmmph! Another prime example of why I quit reading comics (besides the ridiculous cost and the constant politicizing -- "we have to be diverse" -- gets old). Always taking good established characters and reworking them to be something they think is more interesting. Sorry, but one doesn't ride a car, one drives it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are you watching?
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next