For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 What are you watching?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

avatar

Number of posts : 18184
Age : 49
Localisation : Seattle
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:57 pm

Hardkore wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:
We watched Hidden Figures this weekend. Great, great movie. Highly recommended -especially for all you nerds... err, I mean engineers.

Just watched Hidden Figures with the wife last night.  What a great movie.  At first I rather thought it might be a heavy handed civil rights kind of film but I didn't get that vibe at all.  Even though the movie is centered around 3 black women working as "computers" for NASA in 60's, the film is mostly about people centered around NASA's race for manned space flight.  Great film, and added bonus that math nerds are the heroes of the film!  Like Ish, I highly recommend it.
I've got a local bud/friend that saw it in the theater with his wife and they loved it. I had forgotten about for a while, so now it is added to my Netflix "Q".

You are quite a movie buff, I think you will probably like it as well.

_________________
"I used to be indecisive.......... Now I'm not sure."
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit



Number of posts : 2941
Localisation : Indiana
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:22 am

Queen of Katwe (great for those into chess, which I'm not actually)

_________________
"If you are not concerned about your neighbor's salvation,
you should be concerned about your own."
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 18091
Age : 48
Localisation : Tennessee
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:01 am

The first four episodes of Netflix's "Stranger Things".

_________________




I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Xid

avatar

Number of posts : 3201
Age : 48
Localisation : Kalispell, MT
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:59 am

Band of Brothers on our new TV.

Sure looks purdy!
Back to top Go down
http://www.derekclose.com
topshot rhit



Number of posts : 2941
Localisation : Indiana
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:14 am

(Moulin) Rouge One Razz

_________________
"If you are not concerned about your neighbor's salvation,
you should be concerned about your own."
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

avatar

Number of posts : 18184
Age : 49
Localisation : Seattle
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:16 am

Xid wrote:
Band of Brothers on our new TV.

Sure looks purdy!

We got a 50-something incher a little over a year and a half back and it took several days to get used to looking at a screen that big....not sure I have a wall in my house big enough to handle your new tv....or should I say "Oliver"

_________________
"I used to be indecisive.......... Now I'm not sure."
Back to top Go down
Xid

avatar

Number of posts : 3201
Age : 48
Localisation : Kalispell, MT
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:31 am

Staybrite wrote:
Xid wrote:
Band of Brothers on our new TV.

Sure looks purdy!

We got a 50-something incher a little over a year and a half back and it took several days to get used to looking at a screen that big....not sure I have a wall in my house big enough to handle your new tv....or should I say "Oliver"
On the one hand it's really cool.  On the other it's very frivolous.  My wife said that something that size needed a name so she named it Oliver.
Back to top Go down
http://www.derekclose.com
Staybrite

avatar

Number of posts : 18184
Age : 49
Localisation : Seattle
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:51 pm

Xid wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Xid wrote:
Band of Brothers on our new TV.

Sure looks purdy!

We got a 50-something incher a little over a year and a half back and it took several days to get used to looking at a screen that big....not sure I have a wall in my house big enough to handle your new tv....or should I say "Oliver"
On the one hand it's really cool.  On the other it's very frivolous.  My wife said that something that size needed a name so she named it Oliver.

I know exactly what you mean.  When we bought ours it was a massive jump from our 30" flat-screen and more money than we had ever spent on a single electronic frivolity....still it is kind of nice.

_________________
"I used to be indecisive.......... Now I'm not sure."
Back to top Go down
Xid

avatar

Number of posts : 3201
Age : 48
Localisation : Kalispell, MT
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:47 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Xid wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Xid wrote:
Band of Brothers on our new TV.

Sure looks purdy!

We got a 50-something incher a little over a year and a half back and it took several days to get used to looking at a screen that big....not sure I have a wall in my house big enough to handle your new tv....or should I say "Oliver"
On the one hand it's really cool.  On the other it's very frivolous.  My wife said that something that size needed a name so she named it Oliver.

I know exactly what you mean.  When we bought ours it was a massive jump from our 30" flat-screen and more money than we had ever spent on a single electronic frivolity....still it is kind of nice.
We got a good deal on it.  We were thinking on spending twice as much for 1/5th the size 10 years ago.
Back to top Go down
http://www.derekclose.com
Staybrite

avatar

Number of posts : 18184
Age : 49
Localisation : Seattle
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:44 pm

Xid wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Xid wrote:
On the one hand it's really cool.  On the other it's very frivolous.  My wife said that something that size needed a name so she named it Oliver.

I know exactly what you mean.  When we bought ours it was a massive jump from our 30" flat-screen and more money than we had ever spent on a single electronic frivolity....still it is kind of nice.
We got a good deal on it.  We were thinking on spending twice as much for 1/5th the size 10 years ago.

We didn't feel all that guilty either, especially since we hadn't bought a new television in 15 years.

_________________
"I used to be indecisive.......... Now I'm not sure."
Back to top Go down
Xid

avatar

Number of posts : 3201
Age : 48
Localisation : Kalispell, MT
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:37 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Xid wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Xid wrote:
On the one hand it's really cool.  On the other it's very frivolous.  My wife said that something that size needed a name so she named it Oliver.

I know exactly what you mean.  When we bought ours it was a massive jump from our 30" flat-screen and more money than we had ever spent on a single electronic frivolity....still it is kind of nice.
We got a good deal on it.  We were thinking on spending twice as much for 1/5th the size 10 years ago.

We didn't feel all that guilty either, especially since we hadn't bought a new television in 15 years.
Almost the same here.  Our last 2 TV's were given to us.
Back to top Go down
http://www.derekclose.com
Staybrite

avatar

Number of posts : 18184
Age : 49
Localisation : Seattle
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:41 pm

Postcards From the Edge (1990)

_________________
"I used to be indecisive.......... Now I'm not sure."
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 18091
Age : 48
Localisation : Tennessee
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:10 pm

We bought a 46" flatscreen back in 2006.  We paid a small mint for it.  With our house being so small, anything larger would just look out of place. 


Tonight, we finished up watching the Netflix series "Stranger Things".  Man, I can't wait for season two to begin on Halloween!

_________________




I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Xid

avatar

Number of posts : 3201
Age : 48
Localisation : Kalispell, MT
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:29 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
We bought a 46" flatscreen back in 2006.  We paid a small mint for it.  With our house being so small, anything larger would just look out of place. 
We're adjusting to Oliver's presence and we finished Band of Brothers tonight.
Back to top Go down
http://www.derekclose.com
Staybrite

avatar

Number of posts : 18184
Age : 49
Localisation : Seattle
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:35 pm

Watch "Cell" (2016) last night.  It was adapted from a relatively recent Stephen King novel....and it just blew chunks all over the place.  One of the worst movies I have seen in the last couple of years.

_________________
"I used to be indecisive.......... Now I'm not sure."
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

avatar

Number of posts : 1827
Age : 47
Localisation : Lower Alabama
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:58 pm

The Fate of the Furious
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

avatar

Number of posts : 18184
Age : 49
Localisation : Seattle
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:01 pm

Hardkore wrote:
The Fate of the Furious

Is that the latest in the Fast and the Furious Octology?

_________________
"I used to be indecisive.......... Now I'm not sure."
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

avatar

Number of posts : 1827
Age : 47
Localisation : Lower Alabama
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:59 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Hardkore wrote:
The Fate of the Furious

Is that the latest in the Fast and the Furious Octology?
Yes ,it just started last weekend at the theaters. I saw it yesterday after I got to Tuscaloosa.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

avatar

Number of posts : 18184
Age : 49
Localisation : Seattle
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:52 pm

Hardkore wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Hardkore wrote:
The Fate of the Furious

Is that the latest in the Fast and the Furious Octology?
Yes ,it just started last weekend at the theaters. I saw it yesterday after I got to Tuscaloosa.

What did you think of it?  Have to seen the other films?  I haven't seen any of them and was wondering if I would have to go back and watch all the previous films to be able to follow the newest one.

_________________
"I used to be indecisive.......... Now I'm not sure."
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 18091
Age : 48
Localisation : Tennessee
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:56 am

Movie:

Split



TV Show:

1st and 2nd episode of Legend's Of Tomorrow

_________________




I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

avatar

Number of posts : 18184
Age : 49
Localisation : Seattle
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:43 am

Eddie & The Cruisers
Eddie & The Cruisers 2

_________________
"I used to be indecisive.......... Now I'm not sure."
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 18091
Age : 48
Localisation : Tennessee
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:16 pm

I haven't seen those in literally decades.

_________________




I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Hardkore

avatar

Number of posts : 1827
Age : 47
Localisation : Lower Alabama
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:39 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Hardkore wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Hardkore wrote:
The Fate of the Furious

Is that the latest in the Fast and the Furious Octology?
Yes ,it just started last weekend at the theaters. I saw it yesterday after I got to Tuscaloosa.

What did you think of it?  Have to seen the other films?  I haven't seen any of them and was wondering if I would have to go back and watch all the previous films to be able to follow the newest one.
Really good flick with over the top action, some twists and turns with curve balls, and awesome cars to boot.

I have seen them all. I wouldn't worry about seeing all of them in order. Originally there wasn't a story line intended,just some fun and cool movies about fast cars racing.The story line they have developed,I have heard,is not in a straight line. For example,Fast and Furious 3: Tokyo Drift actually happens after this newest movie. So probably just see the original The Fast and The Furious just to see how it all started and then jump to Fast 5,which introduces a few new characters. Each film after that brings in a new face(or two) and keeps the story going.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

avatar

Number of posts : 18184
Age : 49
Localisation : Seattle
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:59 pm

Hardkore wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Hardkore wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Hardkore wrote:
The Fate of the Furious

Is that the latest in the Fast and the Furious Octology?
Yes ,it just started last weekend at the theaters. I saw it yesterday after I got to Tuscaloosa.

What did you think of it?  Have to seen the other films?  I haven't seen any of them and was wondering if I would have to go back and watch all the previous films to be able to follow the newest one.
Really good flick with over the top action, some twists and turns with curve balls, and awesome cars to boot.

I have seen them all. I wouldn't worry about seeing all of them in order. Originally there wasn't a story line intended,just some fun and cool movies about fast cars racing.The story line they have developed,I have heard,is not in a straight line. For example,Fast and Furious 3: Tokyo Drift actually happens after this newest movie. So probably just see the original The Fast and The Furious just to see how it all started and then jump to Fast 5,which introduces a few new characters. Each film after that brings in a new face(or two) and keeps the story going.

Cool! Thanks. Thumbs Up

_________________
"I used to be indecisive.......... Now I'm not sure."
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

avatar

Number of posts : 18184
Age : 49
Localisation : Seattle
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:05 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Eddie & The Cruisers
Eddie & The Cruisers 2

alldatndensum wrote:
I haven't seen those in literally decades.

It had been decades for me as well.  I was looking something up on youtube the other day and over on the sidebar where they recommend other videos was one of the songs from the original Eddie and the Cruiser's soundtrack....so I spent the next 30 minutes clicking on videos for the songs from the movie (The Dark Side, Wild Summer Nights, Tender Years etc.).  Got a little nostalgic so I went on my local library's website to see if they had it one DVD...they did....on top of that it was a double disc with both movies.  Strange part was I didn't even know there was a second Eddie and the Cruisers movie, so that was kind of a cool surprise.   Michael Pare (the guy who plays Eddie) also plays one of the leads in my favorite 80's rock and roll movie "Streets of Fire".

_________________
"I used to be indecisive.......... Now I'm not sure."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   

Back to top Go down
 
What are you watching?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 14 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17 ... 21  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Ang Mo guy in Singapore under HDB flat watching Ping Pong!
» INSIDE OUT - 2015-11-29 (HARUNA)
» Anime series that you've been watching before.
» Anime you are currently watching or interested?
» T.V. series you are currently watching

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: