Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you watching?

Go down 
+16
MikeInFla
Guilty/Forgiven
dale434445
ishmael81
Fundy
rockerVu2
oteis
BearDad
Staybrite
Driven
Xid
Hardkore
kerrick
alldatndensum
Through The Dark Radio
topshot rhit
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2559
Registration date : 2007-06-03

What are you watching? - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 25, 2017 8:18 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Hardkore wrote:
The Great Wall

What did you think?  Goofy dumb, snore-fest, or highly entertaining?
Highly Entertaining
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 25, 2017 8:22 pm

Transformers: The Last Knight ???

The trailer to this one made it look so good, then I see it
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 26, 2017 9:03 am

Hardkore wrote:

I kinda felt that way with the 4th one but yet still want to see this one.  Thank the Lord for $5 Tuesdays at my local theater!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 27, 2017 8:37 am

In preparation for seeing the new one, I rewatched Transformers 4: Age of Extinction.  It wasn't as bad as I remember.  I admit that I fell asleep when I watched it the first time.  Having missed it in the theater, I bought the Blu-Ray.  I slept through about an hour of it and even missed the dino-bots.

While a lot of folks don't like him, I missed Shia LeBouf's smart-mouthed character.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 27, 2017 4:17 pm

Firefox   Thumbs Up

Heartbreak Ridge -good movie but I didn't realize how much language it had.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5512
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 27, 2017 5:59 pm

Hardkore wrote:
Firefox   Thumbs Up

Now there's an oldie!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 28, 2017 1:18 pm

Hardkore wrote:

I saw this yesterday at my local theater that does $5 Tuesdays.  While definitely not the best in this series, it still had a decent story.  What I disliked the most about it is that these are supposed to be advanced alien robotic beings but yet they sure use some foul language.  All of these movies have had quite a bit of language, but it just felt like this one was even worse.  There are almost no lines given in the film that don't use swear words.  This wouldn't bother me nearly so much if these weren't marketed to kids on cereal boxes, fast food kids meals, toys, video games, etc.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23399
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 29, 2017 9:07 am

Watch the second half of Doctor Strange last night.  Not too bad for a superhero flick.

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 29, 2017 5:58 pm

12 Monkeys -the movie,I haven't seen any of the TV series yet.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 30, 2017 3:10 pm

Hardkore wrote:

I really liked the movie (despite Brad Pitt).  I've watched the first two seasons of the series recently and it's not too bad.

kerrick

Number of posts : 3496
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 30, 2017 5:04 pm

The movie was pretty good, though my favorite of Gilliam is definitely The Fisher King.  Smile  I haven't seen the 12 Monkeys show though.  I think its premise would translate to television pretty well though.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 30, 2017 9:38 pm

We've started watching the show "Last Man Standing" with Tim Allen.  I love this show!  It reminds me of "Home Improvement".  Part of the draw is Tim Allen's comedy.  Another draw is that there are so many things that he says and does that I say and do in real life.  My wife has said in a couple of episodes that they could have used me as inspiration for Tim's character.

Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 04, 2017 1:50 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Hardkore wrote:

I really liked the movie (despite Brad Pitt).  I've watched the first two seasons of the series recently and it's not too bad.
I thought Brad did great in the role. I was convinced he was mental.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 04, 2017 1:51 pm

Dune ~ extended version
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 04, 2017 3:13 pm

Hardkore wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Hardkore wrote:

Oh I was convinced he was mental too....I just wasn't so sure he was acting.  lol!

In all honesty I think he is a decent enough actor but I just perceive this "smugness" in his personality that seems to translate through whatever character he is playing and it annoys me a little.  So I don't necessarily like a lot of the character's he plays in films (maybe it's over-confidence instead of smugness....IDK).  I have the same problem with Tom Cruise and Leonardo DiCaprio.

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 04, 2017 6:38 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Hardkore wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Hardkore wrote:

Oh I was convinced he was mental too....I just wasn't so sure he was acting.  lol!

In all honesty I think he is a decent enough actor but I just perceive this "smugness" in his personality that seems to translate through whatever character he is playing and it annoys me a little.  So I don't necessarily like a lot of the character's he plays in films (maybe it's over-confidence instead of smugness....IDK).  I have the same problem with Tom Cruise and Leonardo DiCaprio.
Well,as far as his smugness, his character was fairly smug. He was the son of a famous virologist(sp). He was fairly confident he would get out of the institution once word got to his father (who he referred to as God). Plus ,the way he changed sides during his "agenda",turning in his own teammates,and then to kidnapping his own father and putting him in the zoo while releasing the animals.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 05, 2017 5:07 pm

Hardkore wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Hardkore wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Hardkore wrote:

Well,as far as his smugness, his character was fairly smug. He was the son of a famous virologist(sp). He was fairly confident he would get out of the institution once word got to his father (who he referred to as God). Plus ,the way he changed sides during his "agenda",turning in his own teammates,and then to kidnapping his own father and putting him in the zoo while releasing the animals.

Maybe that's why It worked for the movie...his character was supposed to be the way I tend to see him in movies anyway...so it worked.  Laughing

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 05, 2017 6:10 pm

We watched the second episode of Lonesome Dove the other night.  It was pretty intense!  And surprising who was killed off too.  The experience was heightened due to the fact that we got to watch it on our custom TV cabinet/shelf that my dad, wife, and I made!

What are you watching? - Page 18 19720310

Here it is in "shelf mode" which conceals the TV when not in use.  (The whole thing is on casters and just rolls out when it's movie time!)
What are you watching? - Page 18 19747710
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 05, 2017 6:40 pm

So is it in front of...or covering up the wood burning stove?
Looks like you did a good job with it.
What's for dinner?  That's not a bowl of spaghettios is it, was it your turn to cook again?

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 05, 2017 6:52 pm

Haha no it was soup with sweet potatoes and sausage.  Quite yummy!

It's kinda hard to tell in those photos, but it's actually in front of the door (which is to the bathroom, so no bathroom breaks during the movie haha!), in between the stove and the grey couch.  Also, the stove doesn't work but the landlords liked the looks of it so they kept it haha.  Not the greatest use of space, but it is pretty cool looking I guess.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 06, 2017 6:05 pm

So, I'm assuming it's on wheels/castors so you can move it out of the way after viewing (and get some use out of the bathroom)?
Gonna have to take your word on the sweet potatoes...I'm not a fan.  Evil or Very Mad

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 06, 2017 6:28 pm

Yes it's on casters which roll very smoothly and easily.  Smile  When not in use, it's just another book shelf, but when we want to watch a flick we just roll it out!  I'm very happy with it.

WHAT.  You don't like sweet potatoes?!?  Dude, you are missing OUT!  Plus they're supposedly super healthy for you too.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 07, 2017 12:24 pm

kerrick wrote:
Yes it's on casters which roll very smoothly and easily.  Smile  When not in use, it's just another book shelf, but when we want to watch a flick we just roll it out!  I'm very happy with it.

WHAT.  You don't like sweet potatoes?!?  Dude, you are missing OUT!  Plus they're supposedly super healthy for you too.

My wife keeps trying to tell me that too.  Still not eating them. Evil or Very Mad

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 07, 2017 9:44 pm

Spiderman: Homecoming

This is easily the weakest of all the Marvel cinematic universe films.  You get a little origin story, several awkward visits by Tony Stark, Spidey relies on more Stark tech than his own spider senses.  The Vulture and Shocker were cool, but they still ain't got Spiderman right.  I thought having Marvel's production team doing this would make it great.  To me, I would rather have emo-Spidey back from the 3rd Toby McGuire film.  Seriously.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16562
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 08, 2017 7:56 am

The Bucket List.
Under The Tuscan Sun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 18 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are you watching?
Page 18 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next