Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you watching?

Go down 
+16
MikeInFla
Guilty/Forgiven
dale434445
ishmael81
Fundy
rockerVu2
oteis
BearDad
Staybrite
Driven
Xid
Hardkore
kerrick
alldatndensum
Through The Dark Radio
topshot rhit
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

What are you watching? - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2018 12:14 pm

I'm 6-1/2 episodes into the Netflix sci-fi drama "The Rain".  I keep waiting for it to get better but it just won't.  It's only eight episodes for the series so I will finish it out...but dang what a disappointment of a show.  I will certainly be skipping the second season assuming it ever makes it to Netflix.

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2563
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2018 5:09 pm

Been watching Walker: Texas Ranger on the ion channel. Great show!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2018 1:07 pm

Finally finished the Die Hard series last night with the wife, with 2013's "A Good Day to Die Hard".  I had actually seen it before but couldn't remember any of it until watching it again (never a good sign).  I will say I didn't expect much from it, but it was still entertaining for a pointless action flick.  Not nearly as bad as the laboriously long third installment...but still not on par with the first two films.

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2018 1:20 pm

Hardkore wrote:

I remember hearing about Die Hard coming out for an anniversary showing via Fathom Events ,but seemed to forget about it and missed it. Stupid 

I ordered my tickets for Labyrinth online earlier this year when Fathom brought it back to the theater and now I get e-mails and facebook posts for their showings.  If not for that I probably would have missed Die Hard too.

They recently posted a list of the old films they are bringing back to theaters with TCM for 2019.  Not sure if this is a comprehensive list or not.

What are you watching? - Page 39 Fathom10

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2018 10:32 am

Okay, looking at that list, I'm starting to really feel old  affraid pale
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2018 2:41 pm

Ben-Hur on the big screen!? Yes please!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2018 3:47 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Okay, looking at that list, I'm starting to really feel old  affraid pale

No kidding, you and me both!  Laughing

Hardkore wrote:
Ben-Hur on the big screen!? Yes please!

From that list I mostly want to see, True Grit, Glory, and The Shawshank Redemption, and possibly The Wizard of Oz (not sure if I will get to see them all).
I might even let my wife drag me to see Steel Magnolias as it is one of her favorites.

Number of posts : 3875
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2018 11:02 pm

Small Foot

Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2018 12:28 am

Been watching several Christmas movies with the wife lately...which has helped put me in the Christmas spirit. Many of which I hadn't seen before

The Christmas Chronicles (fun film)
All American Christmas Carol (I do not recommend it)
Elf
Christmas With the Kranks
White Christmas

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2018 9:41 pm

Spider-man : Into the Spiderverse Thumbs Up

Staybrite wrote:
Been watching several Christmas movies with the wife lately...which has helped put me in the Christmas spirit. Many of which I hadn't seen before

Elf
White Christmas
 Haven't seen The Christmas Chronicles yet. I don't have Netflix streaming.

Elf I finally saw a week ago for the 1st time. It was Ok, !st half was kinda "Eh" ,but 2nd half was fairly good.

Didn't care for Christmas with the Kranks.

White Christmas is a classic!

Haven't heard of All American Christmas Carol
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2018 1:24 am

Hardkore wrote:
Spider-man : Into the Spiderverse Thumbs Up

Staybrite wrote:

Elf
White Christmas
 Haven't seen The Christmas Chronicles yet. I don't have Netflix streaming.

Elf I finally saw a week ago for the 1st time. It was Ok, !st half was kinda "Eh" ,but 2nd half was fairly good.

Didn't care for Christmas with the Kranks.

White Christmas is a classic!

Haven't heard of All American Christmas Carol

I remember liking Christmas With the Kranks the first time I saw it (years ago), but watching it the second time it didn't hold up as well.  I didn't like Elf, but I really don't care for Will Ferrell and this movie didn't change that for me.  The Christmas Chronicles was decent maybe it will be out on video in time for next Christmas (if they do that with Netflix films).  I really don't recommend the All American Christmas Carol....it really should have been called "White Trash Christmas", none of the characters seem to have much in the way of redeeming values except one of the kids, the acting was poor and it seemed liked it was just trying to appeal to the lowest common denominator ...not even a horribly acted cameo by Meatloaf could save the film.  (looks like it is also free on Vudu, or rentable on Amazon Prime....but seriously not worth the money).
I thought I had seen White Christmas before, but after about 20 minutes it was obvious I hadn't.  It was a great film, certainly the best Christmas film I have watched this season.
I still want to catch National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, Jingle All the Way, The Nativity Story and a Muppet's Christmas Carol in the next week or so.

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2018 6:55 pm

Prancer... via Vudu
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2018 3:41 pm

A Muppet Christmas Carol

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2018 11:31 pm

Into the Spider-verse last night

A Christmas Story and Elf at the drive-in tonight.

topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2018 10:57 pm

White Christmas (1954) last night

Mortal Engines

Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2018 2:17 pm

Aquaman
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2018 7:12 am

Mary Poppins Returns

Star Trek III and IV

alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2018 9:15 am

Avengers: Infinity War

Bird Box

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2018 1:10 pm

alldatndensum wrote:

Bird Box

Did that have a bunch of "jump out at you" kind of horror, or was it more suspenseful?
I only ask because I like some of the suspenseful stuff, but despise the cheap scare-tactic kind of horror.

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2018 3:40 pm

No Country For Old Men
Good story, It was pretty decent but didn't quite live up the all hype I heard about it.  Also relatively poor ending.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2018 8:08 am

Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

Bird Box

Did that have a bunch of "jump out at you" kind of horror, or was it more suspenseful?
I only ask because I like some of the suspenseful stuff, but despise the cheap scare-tactic kind of horror.

It is definitely more suspenseful than horror.  A few people get shot or killed and those can be a little gruesome, but overall it was just a decent suspense film.  It had Sandra Bullock in it, so I watched it.  She sure is easy to look at!  Plus, she always brings her A game to whatever part she plays.

This has gotten poor reviews, though.  You won't ever see the creatures.  For me, that makes it worse because you don't know for sure what is out there.  With the premise of the story, I felt like that added to the suspence.  Showing everything is what makes stuff not scary. 

You didn't actually see Michael Meyers kill people in the first Halloween movie but you knew from the angles and sounds what had just happened.  After that, they relied too much on gore and he quit being scary.  The new one wasn't scary at all.  For me, it was because there was no mystery behind it.  The mind itself will complete the dots for you in something like this.  Not seeing the creatures for me gave Bird Box a similar feel.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2018 8:14 am

I went to the theater yesterday with a buddy from work and we watched:

AQUAMAN!!!!

Lookout Marvel, DC is starting to get their stories where people want to see them.  First, Wonder Woman knocks it out of the park.  Now, Aquaman is right up there with any Marvel release.  If they can get the rest of their characters right and bring the Justice League back together, Marvel could be old news once The Avengers settle down and they begin bringing out lesser known characters or change to the newer lineup of heroes bearing the same name as what we grew up with.  (EX:  switching to Miles Morales' version of Spider-Man instead of Peter Parker, etc.)

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2018 11:09 am

(I posted this on CMR too but figured folks here might also be interested.)

Perinbaba (English: The Snow Fairy).  It's a Czechoslovak classic that my wife watched with her family every Christmas as a kid.  It's a fantastic and very creative movie with some of the best set designs and visuals you'll see.  It's a lot of fun and quite heart-warming too.   I love you  I highly recommend!  It's about a young boy who's saved by the Snow Fairy from her sister Death so he can live forever and help her make snow for the world.  But he sees a young girl who he falls in love with so he goes back to Earth to be with her.  But of course she's got an evil step-mother, etc.  It's great fun.

The entire movie is posted on youtube but without subtitles.  So you've gotta download the youtube video and download the subtitles (which are available online too) which is a bit of a hassle but totally worth it.  The trailer doesn't really do it justice... but even just watch the opening scene (what they're saying isn't important in it) to get an idea:

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2018 11:37 am

Incredibles 2.

All of the magic of the first one was gone.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2018 5:21 pm

kerrick wrote:
Prospect opened exclusively to Regal Cinemas and if it did well enough this past weekend, it'll get a wider release.  I don't know when that decision will be (or was) made though.
I don't think it ever got a wider release, but then Green Book didn't either. Evil or Very Mad I've added both to our Netflix queue.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 39 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are you watching?
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next