Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Isle Of Wight

Go down 
+2
MikeInFla
Fundy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5307
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Isle Of Wight Empty
PostSubject: Isle Of Wight   Isle Of Wight I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 2:07 am

The Isle of Wight is a little island off the south coast of England.  It is 25 miles by 15 miles in size, so it's pretty tiny.
In 1986 you could get the worlds population on The Isle Of Wight if they stood side by side.  That's a lot of empty space on our planet.  Some people reckon the planet is overcrowded, but that don't sound too overcrowded to me.

Mind you, if everyone did stand together on the Isle Of Wight and you needed the toilet and you were standing in the middle of the island, then that would be really annoying...
And imagine the queue for the burger van...

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3111
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Isle Of Wight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Isle Of Wight   Isle Of Wight I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 9:40 am

I have a Jimi Hendrix CD called Isle of Wight. Has a map of the island in the liner notes. I think it was his last ever live appearance.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Isle Of Wight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Isle Of Wight   Isle Of Wight I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 11:06 am

I would like to go there someday.

Fundy

Number of posts : 5307
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Isle Of Wight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Isle Of Wight   Isle Of Wight I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 3:16 pm

It's a great holiday destination, but it is British, so you need to beware of some rules...

Always take an umbrella or a rain mac.
Fish and Chips are a must
The beaches are okay, but not great.  However if the sun comes out they are packed!
We queue for everything, even if there's nothing to queue for.
The normal trains on the Isle Of Wight are old Underground trains, but the line isn't underground - please don't laugh.

Thank you

Very Happy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Isle Of Wight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Isle Of Wight   Isle Of Wight I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 3:18 pm

In the USA, it is said that the entire world population could fit in Jacksonville, FL.  I would hate to be in that crowd when people started farting.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Isle Of Wight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Isle Of Wight   Isle Of Wight I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 3:30 pm

Fundy wrote:
It's a great holiday destination, but it is British, so you need to beware of some rules...

Always take an umbrella or a rain mac.
Fish and Chips are a must
The beaches are okay, but not great.  However if the sun comes out they are packed!
We queue for everything, even if there's nothing to queue for.
The normal trains on the Isle Of Wight are old Underground trains, but the line isn't underground - please don't laugh.

Thank you

Very Happy

Most of what you described sounds just like the beaches here in Washington State.  
-It is almost guaranteed to rain (or be cold)
-Any sunny day will cause you to have to walk over a mile down the beach just to find a spot to sit
-There is a line for absolutely everything (line = queue in American English Razz)
-Seafood (or Fish & Chips, clam strips, crab cakes, salmon) are a major part of the experience.
-No trains anywhere on the Washington coast, but most beach towns have places where you can rent a moped.

Xid

Number of posts : 5505
Registration date : 2014-03-12

Isle Of Wight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Isle Of Wight   Isle Of Wight I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 6:09 pm

Staybrite wrote:
-No trains anywhere on the Washington coast, but most beach towns have places where you can rent a moped.
At least not commuter trains.  Mukilteo has tracks but there aren't any stops.  Mostly freight trains.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9927
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Isle Of Wight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Isle Of Wight   Isle Of Wight I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2016 10:47 am

What cracks me up in threads like this is, a serious and amazing fact is presented, but being that we're mostly guys here, the need to insert bathroom humor is almost as important as breathing !  Laughing
(the person standing in the middle has to take a dump, or people standing that close having to rip a fart... I love it ! THREE CHEERS FOR THE THOUGHT PROCESS OF MEN !!!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Isle Of Wight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Isle Of Wight   Isle Of Wight I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Isle Of Wight
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: