Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Theocracy

Go down 
+16
ChristTrekker
Andreas89
deathisgain
Guilty/Forgiven
KellyM
Xid
mr.electric40
ishmael81
Through The Dark Radio
messiaen77
kerrick
Pro-Zak
alldatndensum
Fundy
Staybrite
BearDad
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-01-30

New Theocracy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Theocracy   New Theocracy - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2017 8:28 pm

I tried a download of their newest album.  Yes, I got it for free as I didn't want to buy yet another album I may or may not like.  I didn't care for it at all.  The vocals are just low enough under the mix that I can't understand the lyrics.  So, I deleted it off my FiiO player and off the computer.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: New Theocracy   New Theocracy - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2017 8:30 pm

I might recommend Wingdom and Gloriam Dei.  Wingdom features former Sonata Arctica keyboards Mikko Harkin while Gloriam Dei features Wingdom vocalist Sami Asp.

For female fronted symphonic metal, I might recommend LEAH or Hypersonic.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: New Theocracy   New Theocracy - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2017 8:46 pm

I had Wingdom and eventually sold or traded it.  I just couldn't get into it at all.  I just don't dig overly progressive metal.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: New Theocracy   New Theocracy - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 7:32 am

Dynamis wrote:
I might recommend Wingdom and Gloriam Dei.  Wingdom features former Sonata Arctica keyboards Mikko Harkin while Gloriam Dei features Wingdom vocalist Sami Asp.

For female fronted symphonic metal, I might recommend LEAH or Hypersonic.

LEAH is another personal favorite, as well as Tarja, though the latter is more operatic metal and something fewer folks have a taste for.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: New Theocracy   New Theocracy - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 7:42 am

ChristTrekker wrote:
I need to place a massive order to Ulterium and get a bunch of their stuff, including everything from Theocracy.

I'm on the lookout for other bands of this genre. When I found Ulterium it was like stumbling onto the mother lode. Any others, besides HB?

Another you might like is DivineFire. The lead singer is  Christian Liljegren of Narnia, but the band is more of a symphonic power/thrash band, with some core-type growls alongside Christian' tenor.
Back to top Go down
ChristTrekker

ChristTrekker

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2017-02-13

PostSubject: Re: New Theocracy   New Theocracy - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 1:20 pm

BearDad wrote:
Strictly Christian bands? I ask because Sinbreed has stated they are not, InnerWish supposedly is (according to Encyclopedia Metallum) but their lyrics don't make it obvious like Theocracy and Signum Regis, and Diviner doesn't make any claim either way (but their lead guitarist apparently is, and he was originally with InnerWish). If you like female-fronted power metal but aren't concerned about it being a Christian group as long as the lyrics are clean you might like Seven Kingdoms, a favorite of mine, with fantasy-based lyrics.

InnerStrength and Jacobs Dream are also good Christian power metal bands, although more the American than the European style. (There is a difference for those that don't know. Smile )

Not necessarily strictly Christian, though if I'm going to buy any secular music, I've got a couple holes in my collection named "Chuck Berry" and "Beatles" that I'll probably fill first. The discretionary budget isn't what it once was before mortgages and kids. Smile But feel free to give me pointers to anything. At least I'll get a taste of what's out there now. Thanks to the internet I've been able to legally download samplers for free, to have music on-the-go, and stream while at work. I've added a bunch of artists to my wishlist this way that I never would have heard of otherwise, mostly within the past two years. I honestly can't imagine how bands managed to do it back in the day, because I almost never get word of so-and-so playing a show at such-and-such until after the fact. Unless you're really into that scene, you'd think what was on the radio was the sum total of music. I'm finding great stuff from 10+ years ago and thinking, "How did I not know about this sooner?"

By way of introduction, I'll say my musical tastes are pretty diverse. I grew up in the 80s, so I've got a soft spot for pop and hard rock of that era, but I mostly listened to oldies—rockabilly, doowop, British invasion, surf music, Motown, all of it. I was introduced to Metallica, Manowar, and Savatage too. In the 90s there got to be enough Christian music around that I started to listen to that almost exclusively, and by 2000 my tastes started to wander out of the mainstream. I was into the ska craze (FIF), and other acts you wouldn't hear much on the radio, like The Electrics and Maire Brennan. I've long appreciated classical, and there's nothing wrong with country (including bluegrass). I like novelty songs and well-executed parodies (ApologetiX rocks). My tastes in metal run toward symphonic and European-style power (yes, they are different!), but I still like thrash too. My wife is into R&B and EDM, and a lot of that stuff is great. Regardless of the genre, I've got to be able to make sense of the vox or I'm going to turn it off. I've started rocking with some great punk or metal, only to have the singer start gargling razors in my ear—very disappointing. (Some screams or growls for effect is one thing, but I don't want to listen to it for 3+ minutes.) I'm fairly meticulous classifying my music to build playlists; I'm refining this constantly.

My metal playlist right now includes ApologetiX, Black Fate, Darkwater, Demon Hunter, Disciple, DivineFire, Diviner, End of September, Everything in Slow Motion, Harmony, HB, Head, Holy Soldier, Hope For The Dying, Incrave, InnerWish, Michael Sweet, Millennial Reign, Narnia, Righteous Vendetta, Sinbreed, Sincerely Autumn, Scandinavian Metal Praise, Signum Regis, Skillet, Sleeping Romance, Theocracy, Tourniquet, Waken Eyes, Within Silence.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: New Theocracy   New Theocracy - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 2:36 pm

^^ I just realized I typed InnerStrength when I meant InnerSiege. "Inner Strength" is the name of one of InnerWish's albums. Too many inner's! Very Happy

Not to push Seven Kingdoms (I like them, but I'm not their agent! Smile ) but below is a YT playlist that includes some of theirs. I accidentally ordered two of their latest EP and would be happy to send the extra to you if you like; just $5 to cover shipping.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Theocracy   New Theocracy - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 3:50 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Cydonius wrote:
I don't know why but I can't get into Theocracy at all. I have the first two albums and am intrigued by 'Ghost Ship' but am hesitant to get it since I can't get into the band at all.

You probably wouldn't like it then.  I recommend spending your money on something you will like better.

Actually got the new Theocracy anyway to give them one last chance and I liked it well enough. Gonna revisit the others.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23399
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: New Theocracy   New Theocracy - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 3:57 pm

Cydonius wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Cydonius wrote:
I don't know why but I can't get into Theocracy at all. I have the first two albums and am intrigued by 'Ghost Ship' but am hesitant to get it since I can't get into the band at all.

You probably wouldn't like it then.  I recommend spending your money on something you will like better.

Actually got the new Theocracy anyway to give them one last chance and I liked it well enough. Gonna revisit the others.

Very cool!

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: New Theocracy   New Theocracy - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2019 5:14 am

I tried Ghost Ship when it first came out and after the first couple of songs was bored and really never came back to it again. Surprising since I think As the World Bleeds is a monster record. Last night I dug this one back out and listened to it all the way through...really listened. I'm so mad at myself. When I first heard As The World Bleeds, I didn't think it was that great and left it on the shelf for a long time, only to pick it up later and find the gem that it really is. Darned if I didn't do the same thing all over again. Ghost Ship is terrific! I think I still like ATWB better, but this one is great. 

Someone mentioned variety. I noticed that too. There's heavy stuff (approaching thrash) and lighter stuff more like melodic metal or AOR. There's orchestral stuff and down-n-dirty rock and roll (which I've never heard on a Theocracy record till this one).

"Around the World and Back" instantly became one of my favorite Theocracy tunes.
Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1446
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: New Theocracy   New Theocracy - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2019 5:47 am

Matt Smith will be performing on the next Neal Morse extravaganza, "Jesus Christ the Exorcist."  Other noteworthy names:  Rick Florian, Mark Pogue, Eric Gilette (who's also part of the new Trytan lineup), and Jake Livgren.
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: New Theocracy   New Theocracy - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2019 9:33 am

I've been listening to the released songs and it sounds great. Alldat will hate it, the songs are long.  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5318
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: New Theocracy   New Theocracy - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2019 11:49 am

He should do another album soon!

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: New Theocracy   New Theocracy - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2019 5:03 pm

Black Rider wrote:
I've been listening to the released songs and it sounds great. Alldat will hate it, the songs are long.  Very Happy

I have already decided to not get this.

Back to top Go down
deathisgain

deathisgain

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2014-12-04

PostSubject: Re: New Theocracy   New Theocracy - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2019 6:27 pm

Normaniac wrote:
Matt Smith will be performing on the next Neal Morse extravaganza, "Jesus Christ the Exorcist."

That sounds like the title of some B horror movie.
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: New Theocracy   New Theocracy - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2019 10:37 am

Yeah, i'm not enamored with the title but I understand why he named it that.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9945
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: New Theocracy   New Theocracy - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2019 12:12 am

I dig Ghost Ship. Got the LP when it dropped, then a few months back I scored it on CD for a very cheap 5 bucks. Like Seventh Avenue and other Power Metal outfits, you sorta have to spin the albums all the way thru more than twice, giving them some, if not all, of your attention.  If you like that old classic power metal with some symphonic mixed in, then a good solid fair listen will make you totally fall in love with this and other Theocracy albums. Good stuff Maynard
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: New Theocracy   New Theocracy - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2019 6:38 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
I dig Ghost Ship. Got the LP when it dropped, then a few months back I scored it on CD for a very cheap 5 bucks. Like Seventh Avenue and other Power Metal outfits, you sorta have to spin the albums all the way thru more than twice, giving them some, if not all, of your attention.  If you like that old classic power metal with some symphonic mixed in, then a good solid fair listen will make you totally fall in love with this and other Theocracy albums. Good stuff Maynard

That is part of my problem, though.  If something doesn't grab me right away, I simply cannot focus on it and give it full attention.  It doesn't matter what it is.  Even when I have tried albums like you mentioned, somewhere my mind clicks off to something else and I never hear what everyone else does.  I guess that is why I love hair metal so much.  You don't need a lot of concentration to hear what is going on with the song.  It just tosses what they have at you and leave you wanting more.  It works.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Theocracy   New Theocracy - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Theocracy
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3