Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The remastered "The Gate"

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

The remastered "The Gate" Empty
PostSubject: The remastered "The Gate"   The remastered "The Gate" I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 9:41 am

http://www.myspace.com/goliathrocks

Goliath has on their MySpace page samples from the remastered "The Gate".
Check them out and do you like the remastered songs of "The Gate"?
Or do you prefer the old album much more?
The remastered CD will be released in 2008 with a few extra bonus tracks.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: The remastered "The Gate"   The remastered "The Gate" I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 10:24 am

I couldn't really tell that they had changed that much. Without a massive change in sound for the better, I don't foresee myself buying this.

I would, however, be interested in what Goliath will do in the future. I hope that Mick will continue to make music that glorifies the Lord.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23418
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: The remastered "The Gate"   The remastered "The Gate" I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 12:19 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I couldn't really tell that they had changed that much. Without a massive change in sound for the better, I don't foresee myself buying this.

Agreed.

Number of posts : 3874

PostSubject: Re: The remastered "The Gate"   The remastered "The Gate" I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 1:51 pm

I'm concerned by some friend pics. Hopefully they come to know Jesus through the music of Goliath.

Last edited by on Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: The remastered "The Gate"   The remastered "The Gate" I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 2:38 pm

I had asked about new material:
Quote :
Yeah new stuff will be Christian in nature. Prolly not praise and worship stuff but lots of Christian themes.

rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: The remastered "The Gate"   The remastered "The Gate" I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 4:42 pm

I've seen the pics to and wondered.
For me the first "The Gate" is the best CD.
I love the doomy sound of that album.
No remastered new "The Gate" for me too.
Back to top Go down
eternal sanctum

eternal sanctum

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2007-11-19

PostSubject: Re: The remastered "The Gate"   The remastered "The Gate" I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 6:21 pm

Mick has been in some very serious trouble recently and spent some time in jail. He faces trial this coming year. If the charges prove to be true I won't have anything to do with this man or his music. It's not the old smokin pot and drinkin beer stuff either (although drug charges are included). It is much more sick and serious this time around. This being said, he has not been found guilty and a lot of people are saying he didn't do what he is being accused of. Mick says he has been framed and they did find an email that was taken to the police to be fake. However the police say they have plenty of evidence to go on. Mick and his wife are blaming drug dealers and "right wing Christians who think tattoos are sinful" for his incarceration. So, I am awaiting the outcome of his trial and more evidence before I pass judgment.

EDIT PS:
If indeed that charge is proven untrue then I will most certainly continue supporting Mick and his music. I don't think he has any intention of making "Christian" music though. I am fine with Mick's "adult" oriented lifestyle and have known about that for a long time. I just don't like it and won't accept it when children are abused or hurt.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/empyrealsymphony
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: The remastered "The Gate"   The remastered "The Gate" I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 9:41 pm

Hadn't heard any of that. I don't think you should write him off per se though if he's guilty. He'd need prayers and support more than ever to turn his life around in that case.

eternal sanctum

eternal sanctum

PostSubject: Re: The remastered "The Gate"   The remastered "The Gate" I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 11:28 pm

Yeah, he and his wife have both been brought up on several charges. The worst of which is incest (Mick) and having sex with minors (Tracy his wife). Mick was also charged with drug possession. It was quite a big deal on several forums for a while there. I am surprised you hadn't heard about it.

Here is a link to one of the original news stories:
http://www.14wfie.com/Global/story.asp?S=6842754&nav=3w6nHM0F

He and his wife have a website as well just for this case:
http://mickandtracy.com

I want to believe Mick but he has screwed me over many times in the past. He has ripped off many people (some Christian bands included) for cash. He also started some very mean and viscious rumours about the members of Disciple. At least I think they were false. I believe Disciple.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465

PostSubject: Re: The remastered "The Gate"   The remastered "The Gate" I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 8:14 am

I think that a lot of folks will be watching to see if Mick is convicted or not. I doubt that his musical career would continue if incarcerated for a long time.

All the pictures on his friends bother me. It's his MySpace page, and he can have whatever he wants. But, if he is really trying to share the gospel, then all those scantily clad ladies' pics will definitely be telling new believers or potential believers that it's okay to be looking around and possibly more. I've had invites from girls like this to be my friend on MySpace, and I won't accept them. I have too many teenage boys that come to my sight that I don't want to think that I condone premarital or extramarital sex. I don't want the teenage girls thinking that I believe it's okay to show yourself off like that to any and everybody. Mick needs to rethink that.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: The remastered "The Gate"   The remastered "The Gate" I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 9:09 am

Topshot is right the best way to help Mick is to pray for him.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: The remastered "The Gate"   The remastered "The Gate" I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 10:05 am

I'm giving Mick the benefit of the doubt that those friends are unsaved fans of the band and that they'll be convicted by the message in the music at some point. I'd prefer he tell them to clean up their avatars though.

eternal sanctum

eternal sanctum

PostSubject: Re: The remastered "The Gate"   The remastered "The Gate" I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 5:59 pm

The difference is the ones you get are probably just spam. I get about a dozen a day of those. I hate spam! I think Mick actually knows the people on his friends list. Those that you get as spam are usually deleted off MySpace within a couple days.

I don't judge Mick for his choice of friends though. As long as they are all adults. I have some controversial friends on mine as well. The only minor I have on mine is my daughter. I guess that is what concerns me so much. The charges of sex with minors and incest. I don't really care what responsible adults do with each other but when you hurt kids it makes me quite angry.

What right does Mick have to tell people to "clean up their avatars"? If for any reason he doesn't like them then he shouldn't have them on his site. His site is actually quite tame compared to a few others I have seen (including my ex-wifes...lol!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The remastered "The Gate"   The remastered "The Gate" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The remastered "The Gate"
Page 1 of 1