For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

FREE from YOU...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
pastorbrad

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2015-06-15

PostSubject: FREE from YOU...   Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:25 pm

Jesus is teaching me something... let me share...

Jesus said:
Luke 17:33 “If you cling to your life, you will lose it, and if you let your life go, you will save it.”

John 8:31-32, 36)  “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free…if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.”

Do you want to be free: like really free... like FREE INDEED?  Here's how...

Die to you.  Embrace the awesome truth that life is not about YOU.  It's ALL about God--loving Him and being loved by Him.  When you die to self--you can be ALL about God and when you are ALL about God, He can be ALL about you----I.e. when you take self off the throne and place Christ there--God can pour grace and worth/value, blessing -- EVERY THING YOU NEED into you... But when you're all about YOU--self-focus slams the door closed on God's ability to pour anything into your life.  Do you get it?

Do you want to be free from people--what they do, say, think, etc?  Die to self and realize it's not about them --- it's all about your Heavenly father who is crazy about you... period.

Do you want to have an awesome marriage?  Quit looking to your spouse to meet all your needs---look to God... then when He meets all of your needs--you can love and bless your spouse out of the overflow!

Do you want to be free at work or school? Quit looking to your work or your coworkers/classmates for your sense of worth.  Quit comparing yourself to others.  Stop dwelling on what they say or think about you--die to all of that poisonous garbage and look to God for all that you need. Let Him fulfill all of your needs and set you free.

Wow--how might work/school change if you walked in tomorrow TOTALLY sold out to God and free from people?  By the way being free FROM people--empowers you to to TRULY LOVE people----When you're full of grace--you can love others--NOT--because you want/need anything from them (God has filled that void)... but purely because God's love flows out of you.

Needy, self-centered people can't bless anyone.  Only free (dead to self--alive to Christ) people can.

Grab onto this today friends!  Let this declaration from Paul---which reveals the secret of his joy and freedom --- become your declaration today!

"I have been tcrucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives uin me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, vwho loved me and wgave himself for me." (Gal  2:20).
Back to top Go down

FREE from YOU...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1