Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ever made a PayPal claim?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Ever made a PayPal claim? Empty
PostSubject: Ever made a PayPal claim?   Ever made a PayPal claim? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2016 11:26 am

So have you?

I ordered two things from Discogs that were shipped from the UK - one 27 days ago, the other 22 days ago - and haven't received either of them. I contacted the sellers (as per Discogs policy) and one wished me luck while the other hasn't responded.

I know I have 45 days to make a claim but I want to give the sellers as much time as I can to make sure they did actually send the items. One is a pretty common disc that I can get my hands on cheap (Albert King's King of the Blues Guitar) but the other I've had more difficulty getting (Resurrection Band's Mommy Don't Love Daddy Anymore).

Thoughts? Suggestions?
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3111
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Ever made a PayPal claim?   Ever made a PayPal claim? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2016 12:06 pm

Wait until about day 40. I haven't done it but a friend at work did when he ordered a high dollar camera and they sent him a reem of copy paper. He filed a claim around day 40 and heard back from the seller within hours.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Ever made a PayPal claim?   Ever made a PayPal claim? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2016 7:45 pm

Mike is correct.  Attempt to contact the seller.  Save any and all correspondence.  If there is any problem, file your claim between day 40-45.  Having emails that you can show as proof if you make that claim is important.  PayPal will take care of it and pull your money back if you can prove that you have been wronged.

I have only had to file one PayPal claim and that was against Girder Music.  It took filing the claim to get them to actually send my items.  When I filed the claim, Girder went to work and got my stuff shipped out....by another seller.  PayPal claims are not taken lightly.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Ever made a PayPal claim?   Ever made a PayPal claim? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2016 9:24 am

Thanks guys. I got basically the same info from PayPal. However, one seller offered to refund me and the other was going to check with Royal Mail and see if they can track it. He only has 10 days so he better move quick!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Ever made a PayPal claim?   Ever made a PayPal claim? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2016 6:19 am

Make sure you save their payment info.  If your stuff does still arrive after you receive a refund, you can always pay them again to make things square.  When I did my claim, Girder ended up coming through by buying the discs they kept saying they didn't have but they had for sale on their site for weeks after my order from the guy that owns Retroactive Records.  He had them and shipped them out in a day.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Ever made a PayPal claim?   Ever made a PayPal claim? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2016 8:41 am

Well, one of the discs arrived last night and the other guy said he thought it was probably lost so he went ahead and refunded me. But on alldat's advice, that money is staying parked in PayPal in case the disc shows up.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Ever made a PayPal claim?   Ever made a PayPal claim? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 8:42 am

So irony of ironies, the other package arrived yesterday. Good thing I left that money in PayPal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ever made a PayPal claim?   Ever made a PayPal claim? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ever made a PayPal claim?
Page 1 of 1