Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Devotional

Go down 
+4
topshot rhit
kerrick
Xid
ishmael81
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Devotional Empty
PostSubject: Devotional   Devotional I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2016 3:51 pm

So my wife and I are going out of town the first weekend of November to celebrate our 15th anniversary. We'd like to do a weekend devotional for couples while we're there but I can't find one. Anyone know of any good ones?
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Devotional Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devotional   Devotional I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2016 3:23 pm

Wow, nothing? I know I'm looking for something specific but I thought I'd have a few ideas...
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5505
Registration date : 2014-03-12

Devotional Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devotional   Devotional I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2016 4:00 pm

I don't have any suggestions which is why I haven't responded.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3493
Registration date : 2013-07-17

Devotional Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devotional   Devotional I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2016 4:09 pm

Xid wrote:
I don't have any suggestions which is why I haven't responded.

Me too.

Veronika and I read The Meaning Of Marriage together which was an absolutely fantastic book but it's not a "devotional."  It was full of biblical truth and wisdom and sparked great conversations though, if that's what you're hoping for.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3869
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Devotional Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devotional   Devotional I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2016 7:02 pm

I have some daily devotionals for couples type books but don't think that is what you're after.

Pro-Zak

Pro-Zak

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2013-08-03

Devotional Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devotional   Devotional I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2016 9:38 pm

Devo? I'd start here;

Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Devotional Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devotional   Devotional I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:12 am

I should perhaps say I wasn't trying to be snarky with my second post. I just thought there'd be more input. No worries though. My wife thinks she found one.

And Candlemass... really? If you're going with Devo, why not Whip It?
Back to top Go down
Pro-Zak

Pro-Zak

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2013-08-03

Devotional Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devotional   Devotional I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 6:01 pm

Me, go w/the trendy popular cut? I don't think so!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Devotional Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devotional   Devotional I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2016 10:10 am

I don't think I have ever read a single devotional.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Devotional Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devotional   Devotional I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2016 7:37 am

I have tried to use devotional books but I soon get bored with HAVING to read them.  I prefer using devotionals through YouVersion.  I can determine the subjects I am interested in.  I can pick them based on a preview and how long of a commitment to them I will have to have.  I can set up a daily reminder at a time of my choosing to nudge me to read it.  I like that.

With that said, maybe you guys should try finding a couples or marriage devo in YouVersion, ishmael81.  That would probably be the route I would go.  It is free and delivered to your phone.  As long as you complete your initial reading, you can skip ahead to other days if you wanted to do multiples in a day.  As long as you and your wife were agreed to what pace you'd set so you'd be on the same schedule, I think this could be a great way to do this.  If you find something in YouVersion, you can save that plan and start it whenever your anniversary arrives.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
ishmael81

ishmael81

Devotional Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devotional   Devotional I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2016 10:39 am

Thanks for the tip alldat. I'll have to check it out.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

Devotional Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devotional   Devotional I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2016 2:56 pm

ishmael81 wrote:
I should perhaps say I wasn't trying to be snarky with my second post. I just thought there'd be more input. No worries though. My wife thinks she found one.

Whip It?  Hey, whatever you two consenting adults want to do, it's your anniversary trip.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Devotional Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devotional   Devotional I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2016 1:18 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:

Whip It?  Hey, whatever you two consenting adults want to do, it's your anniversary trip.

What a Face
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Devotional Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devotional   Devotional I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Devotional
Page 1 of 1