Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Work advice

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Work advice Empty
PostSubject: Work advice   Work advice I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2016 3:35 pm

So most of you know I'm looking for different employment but until that happens, I have an issue now that I'm not sure how to deal with it.

I work with adults who are disabled and supervise the head of a department that runs our day program. She supervises 8 staff. My boss and this person are in conflict quite a bit about how htings should go, and my boss wants constant updates about what's going on. On top of that, she has to report to me when other people I supervise aren't performing up to par.

It's not that I don't like her - she does a great job - it's just hard to be stuck in the middle all the time. How can I ask to not supervise this individual anymore?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23477
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Work advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work advice   Work advice I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2016 6:14 am

I don't think that you honestly could.  Being in management or HR always puts you in the middle.  That is part of the job that you do, isn't it?  I think this would be a time to just pray for healing in the situation and just bite the bullet.  Sometimes you have to do things that are unpleasant.

Even being a youth pastor presents these problems.  We are still without a pastor, and I have stepped up in a lot of areas to fill that void.  Now, we have a situation where two families are not getting along.  Who do you think they are trying to draw into the middle?  The sad part is that I am friends with both families and can see both of their points.  Sadly, the one family that is trying to pull me into it is going to expect me to take their side.  I don't think it is so black and white.  Honestly, I think they both need to apologize to one another and to the church for allowing their spat to erupt on Facebook for thw world to see.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Work advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work advice   Work advice I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2016 8:37 am

Good point. I've wondered about just telling my supervisor that I feel like they stick me in the middle but she's only been my boss since September so I don't know how she would react yet.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23477
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Work advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work advice   Work advice I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2016 4:35 pm

Its always worth talking to her.  I would pray about how to bring it up and see if your supervisor comes up with a workable solution.  She may do exactly what you want and take you out of that loop.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Sponsored content

Work advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work advice   Work advice I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Work advice
Page 1 of 1