Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+15
Guilty/Forgiven
messiaen77
BearDad
rockerVu2
xenonlion
Oldiesmann
Driven
Hardkore
Xid
kerrick
Through The Dark Radio
Staybrite
ishmael81
MikeInFla
alldatndensum
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Random Ramblings - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2016 11:44 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
After nearly a year of bad news after bad news, God has finally answered ours and your prayers for me and Lisa. Finally got some good news about my disability. The lawyer who helped a friend of mine get permanent disability, who's condition is only half as bad as mine (and he'd be the first to say it), told me yesterday that there is NO reason for them to have denied my claim and that it's normal for them to deny it the first time, hoping the applicant will give up. He was 100% confident based on all my records and current/future condition, that I'd be approved.

We are elated ! Thanks again for the prayers !
Great news!

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2016 2:32 pm

Driven wrote:
rockerVu2 wrote:
Tomorrow we've a Walk-In-Dinner.
It's a three course menu.
For each course you get other people.
I think this must be fun.

You're going to be eating people for each course?? pale

Very Happy
"I do wish we could chat longer, but I'm having an old friend for dinner."

One of my absolute favorite movie lines ever!!!
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2016 4:22 pm

Quote :
Do the people from the first course leave when the couple for the second course arrive?

We're getting some time to eat each course.

The people each course have to make a walk to the next address.
So it's not the meaning they see each other for an other course.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2016 11:19 am

Hello, I must be going.  I cannot stay. I came to say that I must be going.  I'm glad I came but just the same I must be going.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5505
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2016 12:24 pm

Last night I discovered that I am incapable of making informed decisions because I lack a college degree.

So today I would be a sad panda but I don't know what that means.

#UneducatedWhiteMan
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2016 4:40 pm

Xid wrote:
Last night I discovered that I am incapable of making informed decisions because I lack a college degree.

So today I would be a sad panda but I don't know what that means.

#UneducatedWhiteMan

But good news!!! You can change that in a very short time (relatively speaking) and it'll only cost you a mountain of debt!!!! Isn't that great???  cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2016 7:21 am

And because of your income and ethnic background, you will have to pay every last dime back, too.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2016 10:57 am

I'm sorry.  Could you use smaller words?  I'm too stupid now to understand what you're trying to tell me.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2016 12:04 pm

Xid wrote:
I'm sorry.  Could you use smaller words?  I'm too stupid now to understand what you're trying to tell me.

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2016 3:23 pm

AAHHHH!!! Shapes and squiggly things!
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2016 3:32 pm

Xid wrote:
AAHHHH!!! Shapes and squiggly things!

Hey, that's the Big Time Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2016 11:22 am

It's not fun to be sick.
Sinusitus, is painfull.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2016 12:06 pm

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well.  Sad
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2016 3:38 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
It's not fun to be sick.
Sinusitus, is painfull.

That stinks, I hope you feel better soon.

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2016 8:58 pm

Gave blood today, for the first time. It was an experience. I felt a tiny bit dizzy/tired afterward, and they gave me a few extra minutes of rest before sending me off to the snack section. It gave me time to reflect on the infinitely greater pain of our great blood donor, Jesus.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2016 7:19 am

I gave blood once.  I get dizzy from seeing the needle sticking out of my arm.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3111
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2016 9:35 am

Driven wrote:
Gave blood today, for the first time. It was an experience. I felt a tiny bit dizzy/tired afterward, and they gave me a few extra minutes of rest before sending me off to the snack section. It gave me time to reflect on the infinitely greater pain of our great blood donor, Jesus.
I do it 4 times a year. No issue for me at all but one time about ten years ago when I started they asked "Did you have breakfast this morning?". And I said "no, didn't have time by the way I'm really tired now" and I passed out. When I woke up I felt like I was in a deep sleep. I asked "How long was I out?? I feel like I have been sleeping for 3 or 4 hours". And they said "You passed out for about 20 seconds and that's what happens when you give blood and don't eat breakfast". We have 4 blood drives a year at work and I always try to give. And I always eat before hand.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2016 11:01 am

I like to keep my blood where it belongs . . . I'm greedy that way  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2016 4:32 pm

I only give blood if they have cookies!

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2016 5:01 pm

I used to give 3 or 4 times a year but this last year I've been so busy... I can barely squeeze in a haircut sometimes.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2016 5:02 pm

Due to nearly two months without measurable rain, we have wildfires in several places here in Tennessee.  There is none in the forecast either.  Most counties now have a strict burn ban.  I live many miles from the fires, but the air is hazy and smells of smoke.  We need rain!

Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2016 5:16 pm

We were in that area from November 4th to the 8th - Louisville KY to Gatlinburg and surrounding areas (Cosby, Pigeon Forge and Cades Cove). We saw the smoke and wondered what was going on. It took a couple days to find out it was the wildfires.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2016 8:38 pm

I remember in college there were bad forest fires across the WV coalfields and the smoke was so thick in Huntington I could barely see campus from my apartment two blocks away.  It's horrible.  My in-laws moved to Tennessee and they are talking about the fires.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2016 10:05 pm

Quote :
My in-laws moved to Tennessee and they are talking about the fires.

What part of Tennessee might I ask?

We've had wildfires here before, but it is usually in the summer months.  It is odd to have them this time of year.  They have arrested someone now for arson in the east Tennessee fires.

The lack of rain and warmer than normal temps have really dried things out.  As I said, it has been nearly two MONTHS since we had measurable rainfall.  Usually, we are much more rainy this time of year as temps move towards winter level.  So far, I have had some frosted windows and wear a light hoodie in the morning but don't need it in the afternoon.  We will still be in the 70s for the highs for the next couple of days.

Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2016 10:10 pm

I'm pretty stoked right now. Our local school district has been having surplus sales where today I picked up a Technics RS-TR355 dual cassette deck for $5. My old one no longer plays on one side and the other side drags sporadically, making it undesirable to listen to any of my cassettes, some of which cannot be found on CD (meaning I didn't have a way to digitize them either). I figured for $5 I had very little to lose. The awesome part: it works great, on both sides. At least my first run with a "spare tape" (one of my wife's ... shh!) sounded good. The tape didn't seem to drag, and the sound quality was good. Before I play any tapes I care about (mine Smile ) I'll give the heads a good cleaning/demagnetizing. But for all intents and purposes it appears that cassettes are making a comeback in my house. I will now proceed to pick up any decent ones I can find at thrift stores.

P.S. If anybody has any good Christian rock, hard rock, metal ... heck, any good Christian music period ... on cassette and you'd like to thin the heard, I'll gladly pay shipping. Shoot, I might even pay more. Wink  And for that matter, the music doesn't have to be Christian; tell me what you got, and maybe I'll take it off your hands.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next