Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

You knew this was coming someday...

Go down 
+8
rockerVu2
Fundy
Guilty/Forgiven
alldatndensum
BearDad
Staybrite
Xid
ishmael81
12 posters
AuthorMessage
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

You knew this was coming someday... Empty
PostSubject: You knew this was coming someday...   You knew this was coming someday... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2017 9:48 am

Country. Let's talk about it. I love country music. As much as I love loud drums, overdriven guitars and loud, rowdy rock and roll, I love good country music.

Does anyone know of any good Christian artists? I know in country music there are Christian artists (those who sing only or mostly Christian lyrics) and artists who are Christian (they sing lots of stuff but also some gospel/Christian stuff).

In the artists who are Christian, I like a lot of people:
Johnny Cash
Brad Paisley
Chris LeDoux
Willie Nelson

But is there anybody I'm missing?

And for the record, good country does not include Florida Georgia Line, Jason Aldean, Tyler Farr, Blake Shelton or anyone who sounds similar.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417

PostSubject: Re: You knew this was coming someday...   You knew this was coming someday... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2017 11:52 am

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller, Bueller?
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: You knew this was coming someday...   You knew this was coming someday... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2017 12:29 pm

I'm not a big Country fan, though I don't hate nor despise it like some, but I don't really pay attention to it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23421
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: You knew this was coming someday...   You knew this was coming someday... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2017 3:33 pm

Xid wrote:
I'm not a big Country fan, though I don't hate nor despise it like some, but I don't really pay attention to it.

What do you have against Big Country...I mean, I know it's not metal (more like 80's pop), but they were still kinda cool (at least they had that one hit).  Odd to mention them though in this thread. 

Razz

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23421
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: You knew this was coming someday...   You knew this was coming someday... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2017 3:40 pm

Not much of a country fan myself but there is a Christian artist by the name of Bill Steely who has a self-titled album that has a substantial modern country flare.  The tough part about finding his music is that there is another Bill Steely who I think is pretty much a folk artist....two completely different guys (at least I think they are).

Here is one of the better songs from his self-titled album.

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: You knew this was coming someday...   You knew this was coming someday... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2017 4:35 pm

While I can't say much about newer country artists, I like the older ones, like Randy Travis, Travis Tritt, George Strait, Dwight Yoakam, Alan Jackson, Mark Chesnutt  ... and the really old ones, like Emmy Lou Harris, George Jones, Charley Pride, Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, Hank Williams Jr, Loretta Lynn, Patsy Cline ... and the really, really older ones, like Sons of the Pioneers, Hank Williams, Mary Robbins.

I also like older country quartets, like the Oak Ridge Boys and the Statler Brothers.

in truth, I pretty much like all country. However, for one reason or another I am just not usually in the mood for it.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23467
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: You knew this was coming someday...   You knew this was coming someday... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2017 5:35 pm

I cannot stand country music for the most part.  I was force-fed it up until my teen years when I rebelled and started listening to hard rock and metal.  I'd probably come closer to listening to more modern country than I would the classic stuff my dad preferred.  It was depressing to me.

There were a few Christian country artists several years ago but I think that most of the labels have dropped that line altogether.  It just never really caught on or sold all that well.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com

PostSubject: Re: You knew this was coming someday...   You knew this was coming someday... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2017 6:28 pm

Closest thing to Christian Country I listen to is Brandon Heath-Blue Mountain. As for secular I hate it except for Western and a few country. I like Steve Earle, David Lynn Jones and Townes Van Zandt.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: You knew this was coming someday...   You knew this was coming someday... I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2017 1:09 am

I used to despise all country, save some Johnny Cash and Patsy Cline. When I met Lisa over 20 years ago, I let my guard down as she loves country. Over the first few years, I "endured" it. As I listened to more and more, I'd hear occasional songs that sounded like 80s AOR.. and started liking some of it. Later I discovered Mutt Lange had his hands in much of modern country, thus the 80s rock influence in a lot of it.
Fast forward to today, I actually own stacks of my own country albums that I occasionally spin and enjoy. But mostly I still just listen with my wife.

I'm partial to Darius Rucker, Brad Paisley, Keith Urban, Kenny Chesney, Lady Antebellum, LeeAnn Rimes, Luke Bryan, Shania Twain, Sugarland, The Band Perry, Zac Brown Band, etc...
Especially love The Mavericks.. who aren't totally country, rather, they sound more like Roy Orbison.
I have a strong love for Brush Arbor too. Christian bluegrass/country. Seen them in concert, loved them ever since.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5324
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: You knew this was coming someday...   You knew this was coming someday... I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2017 4:18 pm

I like almost all types of music.  If the vocalist is good then I can listen to it.  There are a few expections....

R n B  (music of the devil!)
Classical

But I like...
Black gospel
60's rock
70's rock
80's metal
Country music
Celtic Music
Acappella
Pop Ballads (if done right - Patience by Take That)
Folk
etc...

In my collection I have...
The Gaithers, Buddy Holly, Del Shannon, Little Richard, Roy Orbison, Johnny Cash...

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: You knew this was coming someday...   You knew this was coming someday... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 4:04 pm

Let's honest.
Country is not my favorite music style.
But I understand if you love it.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: You knew this was coming someday...   You knew this was coming someday... I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 28, 2017 12:19 pm

I'm mostly an old country fan, not so much on the new folks.  I think "Christian country" got absorbed into mainstream country post-9/11 when all these country artists were firmly inserting God into their patriotism so all kinds of "Christian" themes were in there.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23467
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: You knew this was coming someday...   You knew this was coming someday... I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2018 12:43 pm

If you want to find out about some solid Christian country music, you must check out HLE radio.

My brother has always been a huge country music fan.  Since getting into a church where he can play drums, he listens mostly to this station.  He loves the lyrics, and the music is much more classic country sounding than today's pop country flare.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
bassdude

bassdude

Number of posts : 614

PostSubject: Re: You knew this was coming someday...   You knew this was coming someday... I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2018 8:06 pm

I only have one recommendation, as I am not much of a country fan at all.

Austin's Bridge...lots of different styles of country/bluesy songs and the vocal harmonies are top notch.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric40

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: You knew this was coming someday...   You knew this was coming someday... I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2018 7:09 pm

Paul Overstreet was a favorite of mine ... I still have 3 of his albums... havent listened in EONS however
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: You knew this was coming someday...   You knew this was coming someday... I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2019 9:43 pm

In no way am I a country music fan, although some time ago an artist sent a country western CD to the site in order to be reviewed.  No
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You knew this was coming someday...   You knew this was coming someday... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

You knew this was coming someday...
Page 1 of 1