Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Weight Loss - for reals

Go down 
+12
Jen5
rockerVu2
topshot rhit
Xid
MikeInFla
Fundy
deathisgain
Driven
Staybrite
alldatndensum
kerrick
ishmael81
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

Weight Loss - for reals - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight Loss - for reals   Weight Loss - for reals - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2018 1:32 pm

That's awesome bassdude (hi, btw). Simple carbs are the enemy of diabetes for sure. My Dad was diabetic. He found weight loss and low carb eating really helped him to stabalize his blood sugars. He also found the best morning tea (do you guys call your mid-morning break that in the US?) was an apple and a handful of dry roasted almonds. It kept his sugars stable through the mid afternoon (which was when his sugars consistently dropped).
Back to top Go down
bassdude

bassdude

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Weight Loss - for reals   Weight Loss - for reals - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2018 2:28 pm

Jen5 wrote:
That's awesome bassdude (hi, btw). Simple carbs are the enemy of diabetes for sure. My Dad was diabetic. He found weight loss and low carb eating really helped him to stabalize his blood sugars. He also found the best morning tea (do you guys call your mid-morning break that in the US?) was an apple and a handful of dry roasted almonds. It kept his sugars stable through the mid afternoon (which was when his sugars consistently dropped).
I can't do apples, actually most fruit is off my list as it spikes my blood sugar too much, other than a handful of blueberries from time to time. I snack on almonds or sunflower seeds mostly.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Weight Loss - for reals   Weight Loss - for reals - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2018 4:38 pm

Almonds are awesome! Avacado's another good fruit for high energy/low carb/low sugar snacking. I'm surprised that apples are off the list for you since they have such a low GI number (some varieties are lower even than blueberries). I guess it must be the carbs in apples that affect you so much or maybe the fact that they are so much bigger than a handful of blueberries. Just goes to show that everyone is unique eh    : )
Back to top Go down
bassdude

bassdude

PostSubject: Re: Weight Loss - for reals   Weight Loss - for reals - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2018 7:56 pm

Jen5 wrote:
Almonds are awesome! Avacado's another good fruit for high energy/low carb/low sugar snacking. I'm surprised that apples are off the list for you since they have such a low GI number (some varieties are lower even than blueberries). I guess it must be the carbs in apples that affect you so much or maybe the fact that they are so much bigger than a handful of blueberries. Just goes to show that everyone is unique eh    : )

Yeah, it's the carbs. anything starchy at all and I can't deal with it. My wife brought me a deli sandwich on rye bread, I checked the carbs and gave it a try...put my blood sugar over 200 for the next 3 hours.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Weight Loss - for reals   Weight Loss - for reals - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2018 8:12 pm

Sheesh!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Weight Loss - for reals   Weight Loss - for reals - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2018 6:28 am

Quote :
do you guys call your mid-morning break that in the US?

We call every break during the work day a break.  I just wish I had time to actually take one!  I even eat my lunch with my students as I don't have time to take a true lunch break.

When I was at Bridgestone years ago, we took a break every two hours.  So, we had 8 o'clock break, 10 o'clock break, lunch break, etc.  We worked 12 hour shifts, so you can figure out the last two break names.  LOL  It's just a break here as there is no traditional thing to eat or drink on a break.  You just rest.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Weight Loss - for reals   Weight Loss - for reals - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2018 9:39 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Quote :
do you guys call your mid-morning break that in the US?

We call every break during the work day a break.  I just wish I had time to actually take one!  I even eat my lunch with my students as I don't have time to take a true lunch break.

When I was at Bridgestone years ago, we took a break every two hours.  So, we had 8 o'clock break, 10 o'clock break, lunch break, etc.  We worked 12 hour shifts, so you can figure out the last two break names.  LOL  It's just a break here as there is no traditional thing to eat or drink on a break.  You just rest.
Or smoke.

Some of my fellow geek friends have taken to calling it second breakfast.  My mid-morning breaks are just transitions to other tasks, but I don't have a traditional type of work.
Back to top Go down
bassdude

bassdude

PostSubject: Re: Weight Loss - for reals   Weight Loss - for reals - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2018 11:26 am

Breaks? What is this break you speak of? WORK! WORK!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Weight Loss - for reals   Weight Loss - for reals - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2018 2:28 pm

bassdude wrote:
Breaks? What is this break you speak of? WORK! WORK!

Exactly.  I usually take a 30 to 60 minute lunch and have no other breaks until I drive home.

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Weight Loss - for reals   Weight Loss - for reals - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2018 3:15 pm

Ha! It's morning tea, afternoon tea, or smoko here.

Second breakfast. lol
I live near Hobbiton (about a half hour drive) so that's pretty funny from where I sit. Check it out https://www.hobbitontours.com/en/
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Weight Loss - for reals   Weight Loss - for reals - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2018 4:37 pm

I call morning break coffee break, or pause café. Lunch is lunch break. Afternoon break is afternoon break.

When I worked evenings, I had supper break, then first break, then second break. Nothing much more.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Weight Loss - for reals   Weight Loss - for reals - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2018 5:39 pm

Here supper is the snack you might have after the dinner hour is over and dinner is called teatime. lol
We're a little fixated on tea...funny for such a coffee drinking society...but our mothers and fathers and grannies and papas are all about the tea so the label comes from our elders I guess.
Back to top Go down
bassdude

bassdude

PostSubject: Re: Weight Loss - for reals   Weight Loss - for reals - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2018 1:17 pm

Just had my first morning blood sugar test under 100 today..a 96! I've been pretty steady around 115-120 in the morning for a month or so, and I'm usually 95-96 in the afternoon when I get home from work.
I know this doesn't really mean anything to non-diabetics, but it's a big deal to me!
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Weight Loss - for reals   Weight Loss - for reals - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2018 3:36 pm

Woo Woo  

That's awesome bassdude. Clearly you're doing the right things and being rewarded for the effort. Wonderful news. Next milestone...90!
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Weight Loss - for reals   Weight Loss - for reals - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2018 7:14 am

That's awesome bassdude.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3111
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Weight Loss - for reals   Weight Loss - for reals - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2018 7:17 am

bassdude wrote:
Just had my first morning blood sugar test under 100 today..a 96! I've been pretty steady around 115-120 in the morning for a month or so, and I'm usually 95-96 in the afternoon when I get home from work.
I know this doesn't really mean anything to non-diabetics, but it's a big deal to me!

Good deal. A week ago you might as well have spoke Chinese to me. I understand now. For our daughter the doctor says she shouldn't go below 100. Working on a sliding scale.

As for myself, I work out after work when time allows. Haven't been in a while due to life's punches but planning on it today (again if I get outta here on time). Down to 206 but I think it is from stress of my daughter's type 1. Trying to get to 185. Workouts will help that.
Back to top Go down
bassdude

bassdude

PostSubject: Re: Weight Loss - for reals   Weight Loss - for reals - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2018 10:17 am

MikeInFla wrote:
bassdude wrote:

Good deal. A week ago you might as well have spoke Chinese to me. I understand now. For our daughter the doctor says she shouldn't go below 100. Working on a sliding scale.

As for myself, I work out after work when time allows. Haven't been in a while due to life's punches but planning on it today (again if I get outta here on time). Down to 206 but I think it is from stress of my daughter's type 1. Trying to get to 185. Workouts will help that.
My doctor said as long as I can stay between 80-130 I'm good....relaxed my diet a bit yesterday for Easter dinner and paid for it this morning, woke up with a 158 today....gotta get back on the horse and do better today.
Back to top Go down
Pro-Zak

Pro-Zak

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2013-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Weight Loss - for reals   Weight Loss - for reals - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2018 2:24 am

Black coffee?!  affraid
Back to top Go down
bassdude

bassdude

PostSubject: Re: Weight Loss - for reals   Weight Loss - for reals - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2018 7:28 pm

Went in yesterday for my 3 month follow up on the diabetes...A1c went from 12.6 in Feb to 6.6 now. Kidney and liver functions have returned to normal, as well...Dr is very happy and so am I!
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5505
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Weight Loss - for reals   Weight Loss - for reals - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2018 7:34 pm

Sweet!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Weight Loss - for reals   Weight Loss - for reals - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2018 12:18 am

That is fantastic news!

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Weight Loss - for reals   Weight Loss - for reals - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2018 9:04 am

Great news!
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Weight Loss - for reals   Weight Loss - for reals - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2018 5:05 am

Wahoo. Great news bassdude.

Has anyone heard from Ish lately?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weight Loss - for reals   Weight Loss - for reals - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weight Loss - for reals
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3