Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Two New Songs From Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band

Go down 
+7
JLE3
Jen5
Fundy
Xid
Staybrite
rockerVu2
alldatndensum
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Two New Songs From Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band Empty
PostSubject: Two New Songs From Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band   Two New Songs From Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 6:55 am

If you would like to hear TWO new songs from my upcoming album titled "Man Overboard", be sure to check out my Reverbnation page.  The first two songs are the new ones.

https://www.reverbnation.com/bigchrisdbarebonesband?profile_view_source=header_icon_nav

The first song is an acapella track that sounds like it should be on a Gaither Homecoming video.  It's old school 4 part harmony.  I wanted more of the barbershop quartet sound but ended up with a smoother southern gospel sound.  I am doing all the vocal work.

The second song is called "Bootlegger's Prayer".  It's a story of a guy making moonshine who gets raided.  The still explodes and he is badly burned.  He ends up dying and burns again if you catch my drift.  I am doing all the guitars, bass, vocals, and mixed/mastered this one.  Kelly Matthews of Lordchain is on drums.

Let me know what you think!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Two New Songs From Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band   Two New Songs From Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 8:30 am

The acapella song is amazing good.
That's what my ears have told me.

I love "Bootlegger's Prayer" too.

It's great to hear new songs.

Last edited by rockerVu2 on Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Two New Songs From Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band   Two New Songs From Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 10:13 am

Just became a fan of your reverbnation page (can't believe I'd never been there before).
Really digging both of the new songs.
Did you do all the vocals for "Yes, I Know"?
(Edit, just reread your orig post and see the question I asked was already answered...I have to pay closer attention)

Xid

Number of posts : 5505
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Two New Songs From Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band   Two New Songs From Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 11:40 am

Good stuff!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5307
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Two New Songs From Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band   Two New Songs From Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 12:08 pm

Sound great, absolutely love the acapella one, you're a very talented guy (or you're 4 very talented guys!!!)

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Two New Songs From Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band   Two New Songs From Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 7:09 pm

I fourth that. The acapella one is amazing, Chris. I'll admit that when I read your post (before listening) I thought, "How is an acapella going to fit with a hard hitting second song?" I stand corrected. The way your bootleg song starts busy right after the smooth ending of the acapella works amazingly well.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Two New Songs From Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band   Two New Songs From Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 10:09 pm

They won't be in that order on the album.  I am thinking of either sandwiching the acapella song in the middle or wait and hide it at the end.  I don't have to decide that yet, though.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Two New Songs From Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band   Two New Songs From Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 10:11 pm

I don't think you should hide the acapella one. It's awesome.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Two New Songs From Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band   Two New Songs From Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 25, 2017 4:58 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
They won't be in that order on the album.  I am thinking of either sandwiching the acapella song in the middle or wait and hide it at the end.  I don't have to decide that yet, though.

If you do make it an unlisted track at least make it it's own track (please).  I can't stand it when I'm listening to a cd and the last song is 20 minutes long because there are two 4 minute tracks separated by 12 minutes of dead space.

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Two New Songs From Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band   Two New Songs From Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 25, 2017 6:06 pm

Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

If you do make it an unlisted track at least make it it's own track (please).  I can't stand it when I'm listening to a cd and the last song is 20 minutes long because there are two 4 minute tracks separated by 12 minutes of dead space.

Ha, I think you're meant to enjoy the discovery. The creators forget that once you've discovered it once, that gap just becomes a nuisance.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Two New Songs From Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band   Two New Songs From Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 25, 2017 7:00 pm

Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

I guess I used the wrong terminology.  When I said "hide", I only meant that it would possibly be the final cut on the record.  I promise I will not be doing an annoying hidden bonus track.  I only meant I'd put it behind everything else if I put it at the end.  I guess I didn't explain that very well.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Two New Songs From Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band   Two New Songs From Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 26, 2017 7:31 am

I hope the lyrics of the songs ar attached by the CD.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5307
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Two New Songs From Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band   Two New Songs From Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 26, 2017 11:17 am

They did that with Rackets And Drapes on one of their CD's, and it's caught me out a couple of times.  You know, driving along thinking the CD is over, and then Bam!

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Two New Songs From Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band   Two New Songs From Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 26, 2017 3:06 pm

Jen5 wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

Ha, I think you're meant to enjoy the discovery. The creators forget that once you've discovered it once, that gap just becomes a nuisance.

Indeed!  Laughing

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Two New Songs From Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band   Two New Songs From Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 26, 2017 3:06 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

I guess I used the wrong terminology.  When I said "hide", I only meant that it would possibly be the final cut on the record.  I promise I will not be doing an annoying hidden bonus track.  I only meant I'd put it behind everything else if I put it at the end.  I guess I didn't explain that very well.

Thank you.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Two New Songs From Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band   Two New Songs From Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 26, 2017 4:05 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
I hope the lyrics of the songs ar attached by the CD.

I hope to put together a PDF file with the lyrics and credits that will either be on the CD or available to anyone who gets a copy of it.  I should have done that with the last one since I went with the slimline cardboard sleeve.  Seeing that I have sold more downloads than CDs, I will probably go this route again if I even print CDs.  I hate to, but so many online and terrestrial radio programs demand a CD.

Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Two New Songs From Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band   Two New Songs From Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 26, 2017 4:14 pm

Check out Kanuki, Chris. They produce CDs on demand so you have no cash outlay. If you need to send CDs you buy them at cost. Everyone else pays the marked-up price. It's great because you don't have to pay for and keep a stash of CDs at your house.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5505
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Two New Songs From Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band   Two New Songs From Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 26, 2017 5:01 pm

I use CreateSpace for my CD's.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
JLE3

JLE3

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2016-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Two New Songs From Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band   Two New Songs From Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 26, 2017 5:19 pm

The acapella song sounds really good. That's pretty wild you could accomplish that in the mix with all of your vocals. What I love is how different these two songs are from each other. I really like contrast like that.

Also,
When your time comes - Really cool guitar riff. Jealous of that one Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.evansandstokes.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Two New Songs From Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band   Two New Songs From Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 28, 2017 8:41 am

I'm a fan of the Reverbnation page too.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Two New Songs From Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band   Two New Songs From Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 28, 2017 9:19 am

It may be cool to have the a cappella track start the CD, then the last track can be a reprise of the chorus... you wouldn't even have to record it - just cut and paste it.
Back to top Go down
pastorbrad

pastorbrad

Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2015-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Two New Songs From Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band   Two New Songs From Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 28, 2017 9:55 am

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!  Chris, way to go brother... your Tenessee roots are showin... and that's a good thing brother!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Two New Songs From Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band   Two New Songs From Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 29, 2017 6:15 am

I worked on a guitar last night and spent a little time in the studio.  I am getting close on a couple of songs but still am not quite there.  As usual, I am having trouble getting my drum volume just right in the mix.  I want people to hear the bass drum--not FEEL the bass drum.  Ok, if you crank it, feeling it is good.  The issue I am having is that you can still feel it at lower volumes after mastering.

Last edited by alldatndensum on Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Two New Songs From Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band   Two New Songs From Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 29, 2017 7:50 am

It's much better to hear the bass drum than feel the bass drum.
Play a bit with the bass drum and I hope you can get it better.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Two New Songs From Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band   Two New Songs From Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 29, 2017 3:00 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I worked on a guitar last night and spent a little time in the studio.  I am getting close on a couple of songs but still am not quite there.  As usual, I am having trouble getting my drum volume just right in the mix.  I want people to hear the bass drum--not FEEL the bass drum.  Ok, if you crank it, feeling it good.  The issue I am having is that you can still feel it at lower volumes after mastering.

Hey Chris. Have you tried using a spectrum analyzer? Might help you get your EQ for each part sitting in the right place (i.e., around 0dB).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Two New Songs From Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band   Two New Songs From Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Two New Songs From Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next