Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Going to see Disciple on Dec. 2!!!

Go down 
+3
topshot rhit
Xid
alldatndensum
7 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Going to see Disciple on Dec. 2!!! Empty
PostSubject: Going to see Disciple on Dec. 2!!!   Going to see Disciple on Dec. 2!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2017 3:58 pm

Disciple will be playing at Rocketown in Nashville on Dec. 2 and I am going.  I asked a young man who used to be in my youth group to attend with me.  I am sure that, since Rocketown is mostly a teen outreach, I will be one of the older people in attendance.  I don't care as I love good music.

Who else is playing that night?  Well, I am glad you asked!  (Ok, you didn't ask but I assumed you would.)  Here's the lineup for the night:

Appearing that night:

Fanghorn (never heard of 'em)
The Persuaded (never heard of 'em)
Theocracy (yes, THAT Theocracy)
DISCIPLE

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Last edited by alldatndensum on Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5505
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Going to see Disciple on Dec. 2!!!   Going to see Disciple on Dec. 2!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2017 4:08 pm

Sounds like a fun show!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3869

PostSubject: Re: Going to see Disciple on Dec. 2!!!   Going to see Disciple on Dec. 2!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2017 9:46 pm

Hoping T will share their setlist.

Is Rocketown White Bldg a good place to see a show (ie, sound normally decent and not incredibly crowded)?

alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Going to see Disciple on Dec. 2!!!   Going to see Disciple on Dec. 2!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 12:18 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
Hoping T will share their setlist.

Is Rocketown White Bldg a good place to see a show (ie, sound normally decent and not incredibly crowded)?

I will let you know.  I have never been to the White Building.  Until this show, I didn't know that they had another building.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Going to see Disciple on Dec. 2!!!   Going to see Disciple on Dec. 2!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 3:49 pm

That's vet gaaf to see Disciple.
I've seen them some years ag.
It was cool ... very cool.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Going to see Disciple on Dec. 2!!!   Going to see Disciple on Dec. 2!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2017 10:10 am

Seeing Theocracy live is pretty amazing.  Matt is an amazing musician and he knows how to get quality talent with him.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Going to see Disciple on Dec. 2!!!   Going to see Disciple on Dec. 2!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2017 10:05 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Seeing Theocracy live is pretty amazing.  Matt is an amazing musician and he knows how to get quality talent with him.

I am sure they will be good, but I am not a fan.  I've always felt like the songs were too long and needed to be trimmed down.  I get bored in an 8 minute song.  So, seeing them live will be hard as I don't really know their songs.

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5307
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Going to see Disciple on Dec. 2!!!   Going to see Disciple on Dec. 2!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 29, 2017 1:48 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Through The Dark Radio wrote:

I am sure they will be good, but I am not a fan.  I've always felt like the songs were too long and needed to be trimmed down.  I get bored in an 8 minute song.  So, seeing them live will be hard as I don't really know their songs.

Let's hope he sings "I AM", because then you can sing along!  (he sings the words 'I AM' at the start of almost every line!)
And it's an awesome song too!

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Going to see Disciple on Dec. 2!!!   Going to see Disciple on Dec. 2!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2017 8:55 am

Man, the show was killer!  My ankle that a broke a few years ago is killing me this morning, though, from being in a venue that was standing room only and on my feet from 6 to almost midnight.  Rocketown SO needs a place for people to sit and watch the show if they so choose.

The first band up was The Persuaded.  Meh.....  To me, they were the stereotypical half singing/half growling or burping or whatever they call that mixed with generic chugga-chugga chords that sounded like they were in the same key all night.  Bor-ing!!!!

Up next was Fanghorn out of Georgia.  They are slowly working on a new album and will be a band to watch out for.  They do this low tuned doomy metal with gruff vocals but not growling.  The vocalist reminded me, at times, of people like Randy Rose, Danzig, and Zakk Wylde from Black Label Society.  I definitely want to hear more!

Then there was this band......what was their name again????  Oh, yes!  Theocracy!  Great live band with all the changes in the music.  Most of the crowd was singing along.  I only knew the one Christmas song they did which was "O Come, O Come, Emmanuel".  They started off with several songs that were under the 5 minute mark which I loved.  They ended with "I Am" which is somewhere around 11 minutes.  Longer songs like that are definitely made for live performance as you really get to see all the band has to do to accomplish an epic track and how worn out the were after an hour of playing.  They still aren't my favorite, but I do have a new appreciation for them.  The 20 year old friend of mine that went with me loved them, though.  So, there is hope for a new generation!

Then up came the mighty Disciple.  I was disappointed a little by them.  At this time, they do not have a bass player.  I expected any keyboard parts to be pre-recorded.  I didn't expect all their bass parts to be done the same way.  Even with one part missing, though, the band made up for with enthusiasm.  The two guitar attack was awesome!  Even songs that don't really have leads on the album got the treatment last night.  They did mostly material from the albums "O God, Save Us All" and "Attack".  They did do the title track from "Back Again".  They also did this super long medley of the old stuff from "This Might Sting A Little" through "Southern Hospitality".  They did a cover of Bon Jovi's "Living On A Prayer" and threw in a heavy version of Chris Tomlin's "Our God Is Greater".  Disciple are great fun live and know how to work a crowd. 

The crowd was definitely there for Theocracy and Disciple.  There were probably 50 people that left after Theocracy that didn't come back in for Disciple.

The average age at the show looked to be around the 40-45 mark with there being some that were probably in their late 50s or early 60s.  There were a couple of teens there with their parents and one couple brought their baby.

All in all, it was a great night.  Now I am wondering if I should go see The Letter Black in January at the same building.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Going to see Disciple on Dec. 2!!!   Going to see Disciple on Dec. 2!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2017 1:29 pm

Cool you've enjoyed the gig.
I love it to see bands playing live.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Going to see Disciple on Dec. 2!!!   Going to see Disciple on Dec. 2!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 10:57 am

Yeah, Theocracy is really enjoyable to see live.  It really gives you an appreciation for their musicianship.

Glad it was an enjoyable time.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3493
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Going to see Disciple on Dec. 2!!!   Going to see Disciple on Dec. 2!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 11:49 am

Ugh when will Theocracy ever bless the West Coast with their tunes?!?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Going to see Disciple on Dec. 2!!!   Going to see Disciple on Dec. 2!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 7:28 am

if you haven't watched them on my Facebook page, I will try to post the videos I made of the three bands I liked.  I didn't shoot any video during The Persuaded.  Sorry, guys.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Going to see Disciple on Dec. 2!!!   Going to see Disciple on Dec. 2!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Going to see Disciple on Dec. 2!!!
Page 1 of 1